Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't setup and update Fitbit Ionic on Windows 10

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What black button.  I have an Ionic.  New in Nov 2017. There is no **ahem**ed button.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

@disgruntled9 I have moved your post to the Ionic forum as you had posted in the Alta HR forum. With the Alta HR the black button is used for restarting. The Ionic has a different method - read how to restart your Ionic here  Restart your tracker

Please come back if that doesnt help your issue and let us know if it does!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

If your not able to setup your Ionic @disgruntled9 please let us know what phone you have. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using my computer, not a phone.  I was using the phone but was being charged for way too much data.  Problem now: when I try and update my tracker I cannot find it.  Tried rebooting, tried most of the fixes on here.  It will sync but generally not on the first go.

Lost power (flat battery) for 50 minutes.  Clock is now 50 minutes slow and refuses to adjust despite many attempts.  Is a factory reset a viable option?  How will it affect my records?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Without knowing what type of operating system your computer is using or if your using the fitbitFconnect software or the Win 10. I'm unable to answer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Operating system is Win 10.  Sorry, I do not understand the 'fitbitFconnect software' .  I have downloaded the Fitbit App and am using that.  The connection seems to be well enough most times, but when I see Update Available and then click on 'Update your Tracker'. I wait 10 minutes and then get 'We are not able to find or  connect to your Ionic'.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My real issue is that I lost power for 50 minutes and now I cannot reset the time, regardless of how many times I reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting will not correct the time. it is just a restart. To correct the time you will have to sync the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there other Bluetooth devices nearby? Try turning them off as they could confuse the Ionic as to which one to sync to.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @disgruntled9! Thanks for already troubleshooting this issue with the help of my friends @Rich_Laue @NellyG and @DramaQueenDiva, nice way to go! Woman Very Happy

Well, if you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Let's check the requirements:

• You installed the Fitbit app for Windows as described in How do I set up my Fitbit device?
  • The operating system on your computer is up to date. To see if an update is waiting to be installed, go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
  • The Bluetooth setting at Start > Settings > Bluetooth is on. If you can't find the setting and you're not sure whether your computer supports Bluetooth, follow the steps in this blog postto verify Bluetooth capability. 
  • If your computer doesn't have Bluetooth, the wireless sync dongle is plugged in. 
  • You don't have Fitbit Connect software installed. This software helps computers that don't have the Fitbit app for Windows 10 communicate with Fitbit devices, so if you or someone who uses the same computer had a Fitbit device in the past, it may still be installed. The quickest way to find out is to simply look for the Fitbit logo near the date and time on your computer screen. If you see the Fitbit icon it means the software is installed. Uninstall it using the same process you use to uninstall any program.

f you're still unable to set up, try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Restart your Fitbit Ionic once again.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your computer.

I you also keep having difficulties updating the Ionic firmware version, check this post for troubleshooting steps. 

Give this a go and let us know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you all for your interest and help.  My problems continue to grow.  In Dashboard I now only have Calories; all other tiles have disappeared. I am still stuck with a clock that is 50 minutes slow.  I am thinking it may be time to start over.  Could you step me through that please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I uninstalled the app then downloaded anew from the Microsoft Store.  Got to the point of entering the numbers from my device then got ' An issue occurred while pairing your tracker'.  This is a point I have reached many times before and cannot get past it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally gave up trying to it work on my computer.  Went back to the phone, did a new install and everything synced nicely.  Even got the time corrected.  Everything working well but had problems with the latest update.  Will ignore it for now.

On a phone it works well but o a computer you can expect problems.  

Best Answer
0 Votes