Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the interval timer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m so excited to have an interval timer but I can’t work out how to change the interval times! When I click on the settings for the interval timer it doesn’t give me the option to change and then when I go into it you can’t change it either. It’s set for 30s and 10s which is way too short. I’ve looked at the forums and can’t find how to change it. Thank you

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

As of right now, I don’t think you can via the watch. I haven’t figured it out yet. But you can change it via the phone FitBit app. From the Dashboard, select the Ionic in the top right of the app. Scroll down to “Exercise Shortcuts” and tap. Tap the “Interval Workout” and you are free to adjust the move, rest, and repeat section. I’m hoping there’s a way (or will soon have a way) to do it without the phone app like in the timers app on the Ionic. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer

How does that help? i changed it to 30 seconds active and 30 seconds rest. but it still doesnt change it on the phone. do i have to plug it in or something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once you make a change to the Interval setting in the app, it needs to have a sync performed. Without a sync, the old interval settings will still be there.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

This really needs to change.  One of the main points for getting an Ionic is that I don't need my phone with me to play music.  But now I need to bring it with me if I want to change intervals.  Is there a feature request section to this web site anywhere?

Best Answer

wrote:

This really needs to change.  One of the main points for getting an Ionic is that I don't need my phone with me to play music.  But now I need to bring it with me if I want to change intervals.  Is there a feature request section to this web site anywhere?

Feature Suggestions

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes
Cheers, I did find it fairly soon after my whine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That was so helpful!!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I just got my fitbit ionic because I want intervals.  I followed the advice about the icon on phone to get to exercise shortcuts but, I can't find exercise shortcuts to change my intervals.

I am not sure what I am missing but that does not appear when I look for it.  🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can not find exercise shortcuts either. I got to top right icon brings me to select my device, then brings me to a page where I see clock face, apps, media etc. Nothing with short cuts.

If i go to apps i see the apps i have but just options to install or uninstall.

Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if people are still having issues, but i found this today while playing around with it.  In the app, select the account icon on the top right, select on the device, exercise shortcuts, interval workout and you can customize the time there.  i checked and it syncs to the watch pretty quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you on the Community @Jessi_reid and @SunsetRunner! I appreciate the details that you've mentioned. Happy to see that you're sharing your advice with other users. 

I would like you to confirm that you're following these instructions to edit the shortcuts: 

- Go to your app > click on Ionic 

- Scroll down until you will see "exercise shortcuts" 

- Edit them and then do a force sync 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. There are two icons on the right hand corner of the dashboard. Click on the icon for the charge 3 which appears in black. It should lead you to the "exercise shortcuts". 

I just changed mine 

Best Answer

I have the Fitbit inspire HR. I changed my intervals in the first place on my phone I think but can’t for the life of me of me find out how to change! Everyone says to go to settings and find ‘exercise shortcuts’ but I don’t seem to have this or find reference to it anywhere! Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can’t find reference to exercise shortcuts anywhere..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jobug Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned.

Sorry for the delayed reply. Please confirm you're doing the following to change your splits while using interval workout: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture > your device image.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. Tap Run.
  4. Under Run Laps, choose your settings. 
  5. Sync your device.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello

gosh thank you for that. thought i was going mad! I seem to have managed to
delete the rest period but i can't change the interval period - it's stuck
at 40 seconds and greyed out. can't see how to edit that. My fit still
wants to do 40 second intervals 20 times (it will then stop after this
period).

many thanks

Joanna
Best Answer

@Jobug Thanks for getting back. 

You could try changing the interval workout by going into settings. Could you provide me with a picture of the 40 seconds that show grayed out to you? Learn more about it by checking this article: How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device? 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine keeps resetting when I try to change it....

Best Answer

My interval setting area keeps doing this too. The timings are in grey and keeps resetting after I change it. I have changed it before but won’t do it now...

Best Answer
0 Votes