Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerned about Ionic ship date

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok Fitbit really messed up with the timing of the Ionic release. How could they allow the Apple Watch 3 to ship BEFORE the Ionic? Fitbit wants as much market share as possible, and they have now given anyone deciding between the two devices a major reason to go to Apple! Terrible decision. I ordered the Ionic on 9/1. Told me 2-3 weeks till shipment. It's been over two weeks and I could go buy a new Apple Watch today. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

@robinjamesshort wrote:

I ordered mine on the 26th  August with a 3-4 week delivery and I contacted the US support and they have now given me a ship date of 9/29 estimated

You must mean the 28th?  It was not available to anyone in the world until the 28th.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Makes sense since different regions have had different release dates since the press release.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called them yesterday because I accidentally ordered 2, and the rep told me my orders had both shipped (I ordered the first day it was available) and one of them (the first one I ordered, I ordered two because it said the charge didn't go through) was charged (which is why I called - it rejected my first card so I ordered with a different card the next day. My bank texted me that there had been a large charge to my account).  The second one hasn't been charged, but I ordered a band with that one.  She said neither could be cancelled, but I could send one back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What does your status show on your tracking? Show shipped or processing for shipping?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine still shows

Fitbit IonicT (Smoke Gray/Charcoal) - Pre-order - Ships in 3-4 weeks from
order date 8/24/17
Robin James Short
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me? I never got either order confirmation or tracking or anything.  That's how I accidentally ended up with two.  I thought one of my CCs didn't go through. That's why I called customer service when I saw the first one was charged.

@Bambamwiz wrote:

What does your status show on your tracking? Show shipped or processing for shipping?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got the shipping notice.  I ordered mine on the 28th and I am in the US. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazon still says:

Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't afford Apple, and only 18 between charging, double the cost of Fitbit,  and ugly looking to boot. Not to mention it's IOS ONLY! 

Best Answer

Plus double the cost of Fitbit. 

Best Answer
Just ordered my Ionic. I'll try to wait patiently and not throw a tantrum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine shipped today.  Will arrive by EOW.  🙂

Best Answer

UK, ordered 31 Aug, just switched to being processed. Woot!

Best Answer

Good news

Mine has been shipped. Ordered on 3 September and I am in the US.

The bad news is that they screwed up the shipping and are sending it Five days as opposed to the free two day shipping that was promised. 

The good news is that I contacted customer service and although they could not change this order they are shipping my other items (Aria 2 and Ionic band) overnight for free when they are set for delivery. mistakes happen and although I need to wait an extra day or two I feel Fitbit customer service tried to make it right.

Best Answer

My new Ionic was delivered today !!!! I want to leave work to get it but I think I will just have to wait till I get home.

Best Answer
0 Votes

a bit disappointed.  originally said it was going to arrive today (Thursday).  Then a day later it got pushed to delivery on Friday.  Now its saying Saturday Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Carmylita wrote:

I can't afford Apple, and only 18 between charging, double the cost of Fitbit,  and ugly looking to boot. Not to mention it's IOS ONLY! 

Actually the Apple Watch battery life claims of only 18hrs was based on doing certain set of activities during testing. In real life I can easily get 2 days or more with my 3 series. A Apple Watch 3 Series is only $29 more than the Iconic not double the cost. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic was just delivered and setting up now. 

Best Answer

The release timeline was a big mistake for Fitbit! They should have beat out apple release if they wanted to keep their market shares. Of course, when it comes to fitness Fitbit slams the heck out of apple still. Dunno about you guys but if I'm working out I don't need to have someone calling me on my watch. The ionic better be worth it with the long wait for something to replace the surge.

@J37634 wrote:

Ok Fitbit really messed up with the timing of the Ionic release. How could they allow the Apple Watch 3 to ship BEFORE the Ionic? Fitbit wants as much market share as possible, and they have now given anyone deciding between the two devices a major reason to go to Apple! Terrible decision. I ordered the Ionic on 9/1. Told me 2-3 weeks till shipment. It's been over two weeks and I could go buy a new Apple Watch today. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sent a concerned email to customer service, I ordered  in late August, when the global ship date of 10/01 was announced nothing forthcoming from Amazon. I received a mediocre apology and a delivery date of 10/04. This is disappointing and lackluster service from Amazon, which will be compounded by even worse UPS delivery service! 

Best Answer
0 Votes