Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerned about Ionic ship date

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok Fitbit really messed up with the timing of the Ionic release. How could they allow the Apple Watch 3 to ship BEFORE the Ionic? Fitbit wants as much market share as possible, and they have now given anyone deciding between the two devices a major reason to go to Apple! Terrible decision. I ordered the Ionic on 9/1. Told me 2-3 weeks till shipment. It's been over two weeks and I could go buy a new Apple Watch today. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

Hi shipo,

Out of curiosity, are you US, UK, Canada, or other?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have contacted the customer support because I could not check the actual status of my order and I asked also about the possible shipping dates. I asked also about shipments before 2nd of October.

Even though he could not give me an exact date for shipping I received the info that US shipments starting with the beginning of this week (practically today) and Europe shipments probably at the beginning of the next week. Mine will be shipped hopefully also around that date.

I would be curious to see how many of you who is located in US will receive an email about the shipping. Please share it with us if you receive it, than we will know that the info was correct and shipments are started.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@J37634 wrote:

Probably not. But I myself have heard people say, "I've narrowed it down two AW3 or Ionic." They both have pluses and minuses. An early availability date could be the tipping point. 

Then again, maybe I think if Fitbit says 2-3 weeks, they mean it. I ordered 3 weeks ago and now they are expecting October. If that was the case, they should have been upfront about it. 

Where did you hear October? I also pre-ordered my Ionic on 9-1-2017 and I'm still seeing that it should ship within 2-3 weeks of the order date (which means it has to go out by the end of this week). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

that's because Apple has brainwashed people into believing their S#$t smells like roses.  Wait until people realize how short the battery is going to last on the AW3 with Cell and GPS running

Best Answer

I figured I would look into the fact that the AW3 is coming out before the Ionic. I order the Ionic already so I will be getting it later this week, hopefully. In looking at the Verizon and ATT sites if I ordered the AW3, today they say delivery after 11 October. Even the Apple website says, in small print, three to four weeks for delivery. Although everyone said the release, date was 22 September that appears to be true only if you pre-ordered on 15 September and that is not for the cellular version just the GPS AW3. I looked at pre-ordering the Ionic on Amazon and customer service said they would start getting them on 1 October with the earlies shipment to consumers by 4 October. Fitbit released their product information first which is a plus but at this point it appears as if it is a race to see which smartwatch will actually be in the consumers hands first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I originally ordered mine on the 28th, but accidentally picked the wrong colour - this had a 3 - 4 week ship time.

Customer services could not change the colour on the order, so I had to cancel and reorder.

New order was on the 31st, with a 2 - 3 week ship time.

Theoretically it should ship today (that is what the email said WILL happen, there was no mention of it being an estimated ship date)

I have tried to firm up the date with customer services twice - the first gave the reason for a week long window to be to provide good customer service, and not give a false impression to customers (or try and make it look like it might ship earlier, which is my suspicion)

The other just tried to tell me that the word Will doesn't mean that thais is what is going to happen (think they need to study english then).

They still have until the end of the day until they have failed to fulfil their promise.

I have to say, I am worried about the success of a platform, if they cannot even manage to get the release of a product that will make or break their company right.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure why anyone would want an Apple Watch over an Ionic, I'll gladly wait a week for the superior device and customer support.

Best Answer

I still have not gotten an expected ship date for my Amazon pre-order of the Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is superior customer support! I hate to think what Apple's is like then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received this from Fitbit, after asking them why my device had not shipped.

Thanks for providing us with your order number, Bryan. Upon checking, we noticed that the expected shipping time for the Ionic has been pushed back. Currently, the device is expected to ship in 3-4 weeks. We deeply apologize for this inconvenience and we ask for your patience. Let us know if you have any other questions.

I just thought people should know, as they do not seem to be planning on telling anyone.

Might be time to consider a different device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What part of the world are you writing from?  The US seems to be expecting shipping to start next week, from consistent messaging from support along with preorders on the US website listing as "ships in 1 week" and showing that for the past few days.  Different parts of the world had been scheduled for October since the press release, along with 2018 for others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

UK, The ship date had been similar to the US, the fact it was a month lat was news to me (as mine was due to ship by now according to the order, and their website, and the page for my order still states the original information)

I understand delays happen, I just expect to be notified when they do.

Best Answer

Yeah, I will say the website information was somewhat of a screwup.  The press release said UK in October (from what I remember), but if you are ordering from the site, that gave an inaccurate estimate and false expectations.  And yes, if it's STILL a month off from now, an update is deserved.

I will say, support was saying the same thing to the US crowd until very recently, so it could once again be a case of bad internal communications to the service desk, so they may be singing a different tune in a week or two.  That, of course, doesn't change the original issue of the website saying you would be getting it before the press release promised.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Pre-Order Redacted.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just spoke with customer service. I'd ordered my watch on 9-1-17. They just confirmed that my order will ship by next Friday (9-29-17). Also they upgraded my shipping to expedited when I asked for it. 

Edit: US Store.

Best Answer

Fitbit Twitter.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

As per Customer Service five minutes ago.

'Thank you for your patience Randy. The Ionic will ship within one week, the Charcoal Sport band will ship in early October.'

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fit-bug wrote:

I'm not sure why anyone would want an Apple Watch over an Ionic, I'll gladly wait a week for the superior device and customer support.

I wouldn't consider the Apple Watch to be competition, but that's really dependent on what you use the device for. The thing about the Ionic is that it's smart fitness device, and not a smartwatch. The biggest thing the Ionic has over the Apple Watch is a longer battery life, as many here report that they can barely get an Apple Watch to last the length of a work day. Whereas the Ionic is supposed to be able to last four days before needing to be recharged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think what they say depends on who you talk too, and which customer services team, the UK team are saying 3 - 4 weeks, the US team 1 week or less.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ordered mine on the 26th  August with a 3-4 week delivery and I contacted the US support and they have now given me a ship date of 9/29 estimated

Robin James Short
Best Answer
0 Votes