Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashes during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

10/3 morning run, tracking with GPS, looked at watch at mile 2,

checked a couple minutes later and it was the workout screen where you scroll to choose exercise. So I restarted “run” and went home. Synced to phone, 2+mile run is not there, was never recorded, didn’t sync. This is a MAJOR  reason for buying a gps tracker, it must work every time.  

Other problems-

finally got pandora stations to show up when I forced sync for 15th time on work WiFi, got Home put watch on charger, Home WiFi, pandora station and disappeared!!!! Fitbit Please fix software! Will Ben returning off not fixed in next couple weeks for refund. 

I was excited aboit Ionic becuase I like fitbit, battery life vs Apple Watch, and combined the function of my old gps running watch and all day tracker. But it was released with too many problems.  Please post update on firmware fixes that may be in the future. 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity & format

Best Answer
356 REPLIES 356

Indeed I do

@WavyDavey wrote:

Hi @Samantha2155,

Do you have notifications enabled?

- do I need to turn this off before I use the continuous tracking mode? 

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You shouldn't, but one person reported the last few days that they thought notifications were hanging things up. And when they disabled them, the tracking stopped dying.

No idea if that's your case, but I would try it. Let me know if that works.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Thanks

So far so good .... 

although I hope Fitbit are going to come up with some solution to this as I don’t want to be turning my notifications off all the time!! 

Best Answer

OK, I think I have figured out what is going on with the run app crashing,

I rebooted the watch before I run now and it worked great until I got a notification, bang !! it crashed.

also I don't see any of my running stats. until I rebooted my watch than I would see my run up until the crash happened.

Mark

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I apologize for the delayed response. It has crashed twice more since this post, but each time, there is no record whatsoever of the activity leading up to the crash. It's as if the run never happened. Is anyone able to shed any light on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to me during a my half marathon on Sunday 10/15th! 4 Miles in (sorry, not nearly as bad as 10, that's brutal). The run was being recorded perfectly, I checked at the 4 mile mark looked great, I even had a PR in there that I was proud of, then about 10 seconds later got a buzz on my wrist and it was the "connected - Let's Go" screen. I started my "run" again and tracked the rest of the 1/2 marathon, but when I checked my phone later the first 4 miles were just lost. Never recorded.

Best Answer

Ah this would explain it, have lost ~4 weights sessions 😞

@GBO323 wrote:

It also will blank out an on-going activity if you get a notification....unless you turn off notifications while doing an activity.

Needs to be fixed. Not good.

-Glenn

Best Answer
0 Votes

this just happened to me today also, on a 3 mile run lost first 1.5 miles saved all step data just lost run info, other info new ionic bought yesterday with latest firmware

aije4ziz.e0j[2305843009214456011].png

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I have had this issue and there is a bug in the run app, I would reboot my watch before a run and it worked fine for awhile than it would crash again. I found out the problem is the notifications from the phone, before you run turn off "Receive Notifications from phone" and you should be fine ... I have not had a crash since doing this 

Mark

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any loss on a race is upsetting does not matter the distance especially a PR run. 

Best Answer

@gibbyhome wrote:

So I have had this issue and there is a bug in the run app, I would reboot my watch before a run and it worked fine for awhile than it would crash again. I found out the problem is the notifications from the phone, before you run turn off "Receive Notifications from phone" and you should be fine ... I have not had a crash since doing this 

Mark

The problem is that receiving notifications while running is literally the primary reason I purchased the watch. I’m hoping they fix this bug.

Best Answer

Mine crashes in workout mode as well daily. It's actually aggravating. I'm thinking about returning the device and getting another one but I don't want the same issues 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed, it shouldn't be up to the user to turn off key features of the watch in order for it to not malfunction and become entirely ineffective. 

Best Answer

From what I understand they are aware of the bug and plan to fix it. When ? I have no idea. I’m assuming soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyday I have been having the same problem that my fitbit crashes and powers down during workout mode. I'll be halfway through my workout when I feel a vibration letting me know it's rebooting. I only use my fitbit in workout section because to me that's the best section that covers crossfit. But it's starting to get aggravating. What can I do to stop this problem or should I just take it back to the store since I'm less than 30 days 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would return it if it was mine. You could try restarting it first to see if that helps - up to you.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I had a similar issue. After running 0.25mi. I looked down at my watch and it was in the middle of a restart. I stopped running until the watch was back to the clock face. Then I started a new run. At the end of my run, I synced the watch and checked the website. Only the second time I started a run was recorded on the website. I hope they fix it soon. 

Best Answer

Hi, for the second time my fitbit shut down during exercise. It's not due to battery life as it was at 25% before I started and when I put it on charge it was at 16%. Very frustrating for this to happen again, also losing exercise and step stats.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If that doesn't help Contact Support.
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Same issue. Just lost half of my 12km run. The watch rebooted at 6km mark to watch face. I was streaming music from it through the run and that did not even stutter, but the run app crashed and lost all data! The steps were recorded. Fitbit, running is number one use case why people get your watch. Its not a cheap one.  Please fix it! 

Best Answer