Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deezer Playlists not Downloading/Playing on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update -- 4/3/18: This issue is now resolved.

Hi all. 

Just wanted to jump in here to thank everyone who took the time to report that their Deezer playlists were not uploading to Ionic. 

Your quick reports have helped our team to implement a fix. You should now be able to upload playlists from Deezer to your Ionic. 

If you are still seeing grayed out tracks on your playlist, I would recommend removing your playlists, restarting Ionic and starting from scratch. 

If your upload is freezing or failing during the process, I advise putting your Ionic on its charger, move it as close to their router as possible and "Force Sync" to attempt the download again. 

For more information on uploading Deezer playlists to Ionic, check out this article

I hope this information has been helpful! If you continue to have any issues uploading playlists, feel free to let me know! 

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

Great to see it’s a known issue but it doesn’t seem to be widely known by Fitbit. I spoke to tech support 3 times today & she didn’t have a clue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They have told me they have passed it on to the tech boys who are working on a fix. It seems it’s downloading but not playing. They keep telling me to try different things but I’ve already gone through the troubleshooting stuff several times. It’s clearly a problem many are having by the number of replies I’ve had. I’ve e asked for a free month Deezer subscription too but they say that’s up to Deezer.....not happy!

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

Yeah I’m in the same boat. Free subscription wasted & currently using the app on my phone. (Which I could do without a Fitbit or their flyer headphones... so far it’s a waste of money al round)

Best Answer
0 Votes

My songs and playlist are showing on my ionic. How ever are greyed out and it does not look like I can select them occasionly the 1st track goes blue and looks like it may play but wont? Has anyone experienced this? Fitbit can you advise? 

Best Answer

The Deezer app WAS working.  It was a little bit of a hit and miss figuring out how it worked, but it worked.  Seems like somebody needs better control on their software release process.  When I worked in software engineering we would test everything thoroughly before we released changes.  That's why we limited releases to a periodic schedule.  We didn't have enough resources to test everything enough to allow ad hoc releases to fix individual items.  I like the Ionic, but it hasn't been a smooth product adoption that's for sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

According to Fitbit on Twitter this is a known issue which they are working too fix, hopefully they will have an update/server side fix for this soon 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

So how did you get music to play on Ionic? I’ve had loads of emails from people with the same issue. We are all wanting to know how to get it to work. Fitbit engineers don’t seem to be able to sort it, so anything you can share would be helpful

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep - I agree. It was working for me as well. At last, a music option that allowed users to use the watch for what it was made for (rather than the tedious connect app on a laptop) but nah... couple of weeks & it’s utterly useless... again... annoyingly the Fitbit team are polite & friendly but simply cannot give a solution 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s just it... I didn’t. Half a day wasted on calls with tech support (but with no solution) worked fine last week... now its screwed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep that’s my experience too. Will just keep on at them. They just tell me their engineers are working on it.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi many thanks for the update!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My weather app has stopped working since the update......don’t know if that’s part of the same issue.....all very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

My playlist is showing on my ionic but won’t play. I had it working and highlighted blue but now only shows the songs and stays white? This is soooo frustrating. Rang Fitbit helpline. No help whatsoever just usual turn off etc

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @pglover,

Sorry to hear that. According to this thread, Fitbit is aware and working on this issue.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Fitbit Update -- 4/2/18: Currently, we're experiencing an issue with Deezer playlists on Ionic. Users are experiencing the following:

• Unable to download created playlists 
  • Playlists that appear to be downloaded cannot be played (all songs are greyed out)

I've merged a few threads here to keep mentions about this organized.

Thanks to all of you for reporting your experience. This issue has been flagged for our engineering team's attention. At this time, we don't currently have a workaround but know that our team is actively working with Deezer to resolve this integration problem as quickly as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

I'll be sure to update the thread with the latest, so stay tuned. 

Best Answer

24F0A8A4-BE23-4B24-AC61-7A8633F7D33F.jpeg

FE95F630-A65C-4178-A1F8-E9C114944302.jpeg

Gotta applaud Fitbit, fastest fix ive known a company get around too in a long time! Also, actually prefering Deezer too Apple Music! 

Best Answer

@calumthomas Sweet. I was also able to download a playlist successfully just now and can hear music! I hope everyone else in this thread can as well.

Everyone -- Please let me know if you're successful. 

Best Answer

@CarlosCFitbit So far no luck.. is there any specific instructions for getting it to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can now listen on my Ionic 🙂

I  force synced the Deezer app then popped my watch on charge. Took a few mins but everything downloaded fine.

Thanks Fitbit for fixing so quickly!

Best Answer

Seems to be downloading!

Someone must have forgot to use the "Deezer switch"!

Thanks

Best Answer