Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deezer showing "An unexpected error ocurred"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good morning/afternoon to the community.

My Ionic since yesterday has stopped syncing with Deezer. I cannot download my playlists and anything. Followed the steps suggested by the Customer Support but still no joy. I have even followed the latest step to do a factory reset but still no joy.

What is does is that it says "An unexpected error occurred in Deezer on the Fitbit app". I try to force sync but all it does it starts, goes 0% then stops and continue to show the unexpected error page.

Any ideas as this is super annoying! 

Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
26 REPLIES 26

I am also experiencing the same problem.  Spent a large amount of time with customer support and they were not able to correct it.  They are now claiming that this is a known problem but cannot provide any timeline as to when they believe this problem will be corrected if at all.  Currently blaming the issue on Deezer.

I am currently training for a marathon and going on long runs.  I initially purchased the ionic because it had the ability to hold music and eliminated the need to carry a smartphone for music.  Sounds like the money I have spent on Deezer as well as the gear to work with the watch are now unusable.  Not looking forward to my 20 mile run this weekend without music...

Best Answer

@DiLiak @Brickyard8590 Hi there. Thank you for the details mentioned. 

I see where your frustration is coming from as Deezer is an important app for you. There were issues with the Deezer app however, it's now resolved and you should be able to access the app without difficulties. 

Have a good weekend. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a versa 2 , and I have been having the same issue for about a week, and I am still getting the error message.  FYI, I have had my versa 2 for about a year & deezer for several years, o it has nothing to do with initial setup issues.  Does it matter if I use my computer or my phone?  I have tried both.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this issue with Fitbit Sense as well.

Best Answer

@JeniP Hi there. @valenzine Welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

Take into consideration that if you're downloading or updating the Deezer's playlist, you'll need the Fitbit app as this is where the music gets added. I'd like you to make sure you're following this procedure to download or update playlists on your Fitbit watch. 

As always, make sure that your Deezer is up-to-date, learn more about it by checking this article How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit device? 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, of course. The problem seems to be on Deezer's side.

Best Answer

I followed all the directions in your links (as I have been doing for about a week now) & I got the same message, "Uh oh!  There was a problem connecting to the server."  I have also contacted  Fitbit support by phone.  I will contact them again, maybe I'll do the chat tomorrow.   Like I said in my other post, I have had the versa 2 for almost a year.   I had a versa before it. This is the first big issue I've had with it.  Maybe they are trying too many updates & ignoring other aspects of the watches?

Best Answer

@valenzine @JeniP Thank you for getting back. This issue should be resolved by now. If you're still getting this error message please contact our Support team by clicking here, they'll be happy to help. 

Have a good rest of the week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still facing this issue.

Best Answer

I am also still facing the issue.  I did contact fitbit support by phone, & we tried some troubleshooting steps which did not work.  She is trying to communicate with her supervisor or something and will send me an email when they have a resolution or something.  Valenzine, you should contact support so you can get a case number, etc.  Also, she said they were aware of an issue, that it had been fixed, but some people were still having the same issue...

Best Answer

I was able to manage my Deezer playlists last week.  I hope everyone else is having success, too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it was fixed almost a week ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get to connect Deezer? I am having trouble connecting it with my Fitbit. I contacted their customer support and the rep told me to contact Deezer

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi mate, 

I am experiencing this exact same issue with my Fitbit versa 3 error message 'uh oh, unable to connect to server. I also use Deezer and Fitbit to go on long runs, now unable to do so.. just wondering if you ever got a fix or worked out how to fix it? 

Kind Regards.

Best Answer

SAME. i just got my sense yesterday

Best Answer

Yup me too! This is beyond frustrating.

Best Answer

Same issue for me "An unexpected issue occurred. Please try again later", judging from the recent activity I'm not the only one, did you find a solution in the end?

Best Answer

Hi, this seems to be an issue again can you let us know if 'there are issues with the deezer app' again, or some help on how to resolve this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those of you still stuck the following worked for me;

Update phone to latests software

Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.
Best Answer
0 Votes