Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download music on Ionic without a computer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Tiny rant:

After subscribing to Pandora Plus or Premium, it allows you to download the top playlists. Why can’t this same program/app be setup with Apple/google music so music can be downloaded without a computer? It seems like a frustrating and unnecessary step?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome on board @Navyvoce, it's nice to see you here! Your idea is great. I was making some research and was able to find these ideas asking for the same:

Please cast a vote for these ideas and leave a comment to show support for them. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe the words you are looking for are tiresome and exceedingly cumbersome - not to mention supremely outdated.  This is the single biggest gripe I have about the Ionic and probably Versa as well. There is NO reason to involve computers in this process in this day and age. Not to mention, it takes literally hours for it to download and I don't have that much music.  Fitbit needs to step up their game here.

Versa 2, Flex 2, Sense, Apple Watch 6
Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here @ConnieL429! I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services.

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

If you're having difficulties to download your music, please see: Why can't I download music and podcasts to my Fitbit watch?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to download my music to my iconic from google play music. It keeps telling me I have to use my computer, I do not have any music on my computer? Any suggestions

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bquerraz

It is simply impossible at the current stage. Please also notice that even if you had a computer you should first download your songs from your Google Play Music library (obviously only your own file and not those that are you streaming), create a playlist (I actually had to install iTunes for this particular reason since I found it the most reliable) and then use the Fitbit Connect app to sync it.Phew!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I guess I'll go get to work.
Best Answer
0 Votes