Amazon Music

Please let us sync amazon music like we can Pandora. I have an amazon music account.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

282 Comments
NatVo
First Steps

I agree....more music streaming app compatibility is so important!! I can’t get through a workout without music! It’s a hard sell to pay $12.99 for a Pandora subscription (or even $4.99) when I already have an amazon music subscription.

Status changed to: Existing Feature
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hey @ESC357. You can play your Amazon Music with your Ionic. 

If you see "Music unselected" on your watch's screen, first make sure that music or audio is playing on the phone paired to Ionic. It's possible that the app you're using to play music or audio doesn't support the AVRCP Bluetooth profile, which is required to control music using Ionic. Apps that are compatible with this feature include:

• Amazon Music
  • Apple Music
  • LG Music app
  • Rdio
  • Spotify
  • Pandora
  • Play Music
  • Samsung music app

To find more information about this, check the Why can't I control music on my phone with my Fitbit device? article.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

MarreFitbit, that is 100% not what the OP asked for.  They want to use the Ionic to *sync* music.  IE, use Amazon Music on their fitbit, like they do Pandora, without a phone.

This is not an existing feature, and the status should be changed.

Carlye07
First Steps

amazon music for ionic

Springeralready
First Steps

I agree! And I'd love to be able to stream from my google cloud, the music I have saved in my google play database.

Setterlover
Recovery Runner

I also have the Amazon Prime Unlimited music subscription and would love to be able to download or stream from my Ionic as well.  I am not going to pay money for Pandora when I already have an Amazon music subscription.

tpflyers
First Steps

And, I also have the Amazon Prime Unlimited music subscription and would like to be able to download or stream from my Ionic as well.  I am not going to pay money for Pandora when I already have an Amazon music subscription.

doslozanos
First Steps

Yes, very disappointing I can't download my amazon music. I do not want to pay for another subscription.

Shelby1820
First Steps

The Amazon Music App should be available on the Ionic watch for use without my cell phone. I will not pay for Pandora when I already pay for Amazon Music. This is the one thing stopping me from upgrading. 

Roshansocean
First Steps

Completely agree. Need this ASAP.

Sunflowercm06
Jogger

The Ionic needs easier music uploading capabilities and Amazon music or Goole music.

Joeyd72
First Steps

Amazon should be working with Fitbit and vice versa.  Especially Amazon Music for the Ionic.

ponch1775
Recovery Runner

Agree 100%.  No need to get a Pandora account when I already have Amazon Music.  Please make that available for Ionic.

Milena1112
Jogger

Yes to Google play!!!  The music feature is completely useless to us Canadians since Pandora is not available here.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

For Google add your vote to the request for Google music. 

For Amazon music add your vote to the request for Amazon music.

Please remember that it is requested to only post one suggestion at a time. With two suggestions there is no way of knowing which is being voted on. 

That is after a search has been done. 

PezWI
First Steps

I agree.  I had the Blaze and I received the Ionic for Christmas as an upgrade and I am extremely disappointed that I can't use Amazon music.

PezWI
First Steps

I agree, I'm disappointed with this upgrade because I do not want to pay for another subscription and I use Amazon Music a lot and I don't want to have to carry my phone around while working out as well.

Ibrahimhamed
Jogger

It will be great if fitbit ionic can have a standalone amazon music app, where it can download offline or play over wifi without having a phone paired to it. Similar to what's supported for panadora now. This is a very important feature for me personally. I already have amazon prime account and won't pay/subscribe for any other provider. Without this feature the ionic is like a flex2 in my eyes. I had hard time choosing between fitbit ionic and iwatch3. I ended up getting the ionic because i thought it can make my workout more convient. Without my amazon music it's not.

Ibrahimhamed
Jogger

I looks like the fitbit support team stopped looking at this one since it has been marked as "Exsiting feature". I don't mean to highjack this thread but i created a parallel feature request that explicitly state no phone required. Please go and vote here.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Standalone-Amazon-music-on-ionic-No-phone-needed...

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

How often do you carry WiFi with you? 

I don't understand the request. 

Pandora is setup once, then gets updated over WiFi during the period the Ionic is charging. 

Ibrahimhamed
Jogger

@Rich_Laue, there's two ways of doing this one is like Pandora but the difference here is the subscription. I believe Amazon music is the other one.

The other one is with WIFI, if possible, at least for me there's wifi in my gym. So i can be streaming all the time while i'm working out. I believe that's the case today in lots of gyms.

My main point is supporting Amazon music without needing to carry my phone around.

Setterlover
Recovery Runner

I would like to be able to download music as well from my Amazon Music app.  I have a running playlist and upgraded from the Blaze so I can run without have to use my phone!

Roshansocean
First Steps

I was excited about the lonic precisely so that I could use it on runs without taking my phone along so this is very much needed since I subscribe to Amazon music and not Pandora.

ESC357
First Steps

Please make this feature a reality. I have amazon music subscription and am not going to pay for Pandora premium.

Kfarrell
First Steps

I agree. The Ionic is alledgedly and upgrade, but has missed the mark with downloading music. I honestly don’t know who continues to purchase actual CD’s and download music to their computers! How many years ago was that? I have an Amazon unlimited account. It affords me the luxury to hear any song I want when I want. It would be great for Fitbit  to integrate with Amazon Music. For the cost of this watch, owners should not have to have additional expenssoes to enjoy advertised features. I am really on a rant. It’s crazy how people making decisions don’t look at things from every angle, or do they, and just ignore them??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE integrate Amazon music with the ionic!!! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.