Amazon Music

Please let us sync amazon music like we can Pandora. I have an amazon music account.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

282 Comments
STU997
Jogger

Hi,

Just bought a Fitbit Ionic. Very disappointed to see I cannot use my Amazon account to stream music. As I have no intention of paying another subscription for music, it looks like I will have to return it for a refund.

Is there any plans in the very near future to rectify this?

Scottliving
First Steps
It honestly doesn’t even seem like they care about this thread. Thanks for nothing Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Roshansocean
First Steps
I haven't heard anything either. I keep posting hoping they will listen but
they don't seem to pay much attention.
I think we have to start calling them.
I feel the same way as you. Not paying for another service for sure.
R
djrego
Jogger

It would be great if we could sync the Ionic with the Amazon Music app, like we can for Pandora.  A lot of people I talk to have Amazon so they don't want to pay the extra fee for Pandora on top of it.

durbin1991
First Steps

we should be able to listen to amazon music on our fitbit Versa.

teejster
Jogger

Hello,

My wife and I just bought the new Versas. We would love to see Amazon music capabilities added. We have an Amazon unlimited account and would love to use this app through bluetooth. We can download playlists and songs, etc. via Amazon Music Unlimited. Being able to access this downloaded content on the go would be very beneficial instead of needing to download music to my computer and then on to the Versa.

Thanks for your time

Roshansocean
First Steps
Agreed. The issue is about getting fitbit to pay attention.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Either that or maybe getting Amazon to allow an app to be written for the tracker .We just don't know if the hold up is on Fitbits or Amazons end. 

Ibrahimhamed
Jogger

Well, if the hold is from Amazon they should let's know. We can go and put pressure on them to get this ready sooner. No matter what the issue is here, i think it's the lack of communication/attention to customers is what's making it really bad!

Schwoebez
First Steps

I refuse to pay for several music subscriptions. Why would I want to pay almost $30+ a month for several different subscriptions? It just doesn't make sense... I might as well connect my headphones to my phone instead of my Fitbit and sync my Fitbit to my phone after my workout. Hopefully soon I wont have to.

Mary6363
Powerwalker

It would be good to have ability to have Amazon Music directly on Versa as music controls very unreliable when controlling music playing on phone.

Littlelamm
Jogger

I have Amazon Music unlimited and would like to have the app on the Ionic/Versa too. Already paying for a family subscription through Amazon. I don't want to pay for Pandora or other. 

LeezaLou
Recovery Runner

I have an Amazon Music Unlimited account. Please can this replace or be in addition to Deezer (does anyone use Deezer?). I know a lot of people are voting for Spotify but I think Amazon is also a widely used streaming service particularly with a lot of people being signed up for Amazon free delivery service, where the music element is complimentary. It would also be great to get Amazon’s Audible on board. To stream music and books from my wrist instead of using my phone would be awesome. 

tjn14
Stepping Up

One more vote for this.  I just got the Versa and don't see any way to justify $5/mo for Pandora when I already use Amazon on my mobile devices and Echo speakers.  All my playlists live there. 

From what I've read, you are supposed to be able to control music on your phone, but that requires manual bluetooth connection every time, and that connection drops every few minutes for me. 

Other alternative is supposed to be copying local music files over wifi, which takes tens of hours, I guess?  Seems like the music capability needs to be improved drastically if this thing is supposed to compete with samsung gear and apple watch!

teejster
Jogger

Hello again,

I just wanted to say thanks for all of those who have replied/ commented on my Amazon for Versa suggestion.

I like how we all want the same thing. I hope Fitbit is watching and listening.

Ionic users: do you have Amazon music capabilities? 

Musicbarb
Recovery Runner

Hi teejster---no unfortunately no "phone free" way to play amazon on ionic.  Very disappointed.....:(

Littlelamm
Jogger

Really would like to stream music from my Amazon music unlimited account on my versa. We already pay for a family music plan. Not paying for Pandora too when Amazon has all our music already. 

MMCM13
First Steps

I too would love the ability to use my Amazon music on my Versa!

Rasperella
First Steps

I think it would be great to be able to access Amazon music on the Versa instead of Deezer and pandora or in addition to as that is what I subscribe to and don’t want to pay for another service.  

Ladycaz
Base Runner

And the ionic, I have an Amazon account and have hundreds of tracks my music is endless there! I have had to sign up for an account with dezzer, but it's expensive! 

@Rasperella wrote:

I think it would be great to be able to access Amazon music on the Versa instead of Deezer and pandora or in addition to as that is what I subscribe to and don’t want to pay for another service.  

monarch60
Stepping Up

Love my Ionic - but would love it more if I could have my Amazon Music on it!  I too have committed to Amazon Music Unlimited and do not want to pay for another service.  Thank you.

Cherylah1980
First Steps

It would be great to have the ability to stream our Amazon music with our Fitbits  I personally own the Versa. It would get too costly to start paying for more than one music provider when Amazon Music plays everything I'd ever need to listen to .Thank you for your time! ☺ 

bexterfish
First Steps

same for the Versa please 

BB1002
First Steps

I bought the Ionic for the music feature not knowing that I wasn't going to be able to play my Amazon music. Very disappointed! considering taking it back and spent the $300+ on something that will cater to my needs and preferences, Amazon music! 

Not paying a subscription to Pandora when I'm perfectly happy with what I already have, Amazon music! 

Moderator edit: format 

Pweigel
First Steps

Definitely need this feature. Syncing to the watch is great so you don't have to run with your phone and Amazon Music is a huge player and this is a huge feature.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.