Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variability is live :D

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just review todays sleep stats, and was surprised by this:

signal-attachment-2019-12-17-061002.png

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
261 REPLIES 261
I did and it worked! Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I feel your pain as I don't have the feature either but it's not fair to say it's just "fitbit being lazy".  That makes it sound like everyone is just sitting around doing nothing.  We have no idea why the feature hasn't been fully implemented - technical issues, budget, product owner prioritizing something else, etc.

Again, I agree with the frustration but applying the reason for the issue as "fitbit being lazy" isn't fair.  We don't have insight into what is happening at Fitbit (at least I assume you don't - I know I don't).

Best Answer

I have a 2-1/2 year old Fitbit Ionic and have the EOV graphs since mid December, but only rolled out to me a few days ago.

EOV tracking is available on Charge 3, Ionic, and Versa series devices. Your Fitbit device tracks your EOV while you sleep using red and infrared sensors on the back of the device

This link is the help for EOV.....

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

"lazy" may be the wrong word, but the general sentiment (frustration) around the lack of clear communication of the rollout of this feature is inarguable.

Staggered rollouts of software features is nothing new to any of us, it happens all the time with phone OS updates, app updates, etc. But this EOV offering rollout is obviously a mess - nobody can say this is "going as planned" (at least, I'd hope not, else somebody needs to be fired.)

They wanted headlines to say they were "first to market" but weren't ready yet to give it to everybody. Many of us would just appreciate a blog post that said, "We're experiencing difficulties rolling this out due to X, Y, and Z, but expect to have this fixed by end of Q2." That would give them the breathing room and stop us from constantly checking our app and restarting our devices.

So it may not be "lazy" just "incompetent coordination between Marketing and App Dev".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. The O2 thingy just appeared out the blue. Didn’t have to do anything but I did restart the Ionic a few days ago because of another problem so it may have happened then? 

Not sure what to make of it. As a recently retired GP I’ve been looking forward to this kind of feature but this doesn’t really give me any kind of useful information at all. I guess that Fitbit are scared of being sued if they claim too much for this feature and someone gets false reassurance. O2 variation may indicate a problem but you need to know what is an acceptable level of variation on the chart before reaching any conclusions and I haven’t read that anywhere. To get close to diagnosing sleep apnoea you need the actual O2 saturations not the the variability. I guess that we will not get that until Fitbit have passed whatever criteria the FDA in the USA have set. Until then, remember, this is a toy not a diagnostic instrument..

Best Answer
I havent checked to see if mine is live yet but have a question..why cant
the have as n app that would show 02levels just like an oximeter. It would
sure help people with breathing problems, like copd, etc..just a thought. I
would think that type of app would interest alot of people.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Cindy,
I agree with you. O2 sats would be far more useful. If they aren’t confident in their readings then Fitbit should either not include it or put a caveat saying that the readings are nearly a guideline and not for diagnostic purposes.
Appin

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

So Fitbit's "spokesman" is happy to give rollout updates to the media, but not the users themselves...

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/your-fitbit-might-be-in-line-for-blood-oxygen-update-this-week-3...

Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It randomly appeared!  And when I went back, the data is there from December.  It wasn't a simple restart of my phone or anything, because I got a new phone in that time period.  I agree, actual readings would be better, and if we could use it for exercise and other times in the day - not just sleeping.  But at least there is something showing up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HAHAHAHA - not holding your breath 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree 100% with your post - the attribution to laziness just hit one of my pet peeves 🙂

Thanks for posting the update link - hopefully we will start seeing the feature soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday, nothing, today the Estimated Oxygen Variation graph was available. It displays in the restoration section of the sleep stats, make sure to scroll down, it is toward the bottom of the restoration section.  It wasn't due to any recent updates to my app or the device, I've been up to date on both for at least the past month waiting for this feature to show up.  I have an Ionic device (firmware 27.70.7.14) and Android fitbit app version3.14.

I hope all the other frustrated fitbit users see the feature come alive 🙂

Best Answer

Here is an example of why it will never be possible to get to a sleeping score of 100.

My restoration last night went to 15/25.. The best I have had there is 23/25. The variables were

• Lower RHR from 58 to 54
  • An extra blanket on the bed,.higher HR. Summer in Melbourne
  • Sleeping average HR went from 55 the previous night  to 64
  • Only 22% below RHR

The two spikes are my bathroom breaks.. and the EOV image is the night before 12% tossing  and last night 10% tossing.

Screenshot_20200222-090555.pngScreenshot_20200222-095917.pngScreenshot_20200222-095810.png

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wondering where that detail came from.  It looks like that is a a Premium extension of the basic oxygen graph that I finally got today.  Not enough to get me to pay monthly or annually.  I do wish there was a true lifetime feature. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for you response. Have a great day!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Matt,

I got my FitBit Ionic in early February and the firmware was upgraded when I first set it up. 

I had this oxidization graph but now it is gone. 

As your post was in January indicating that the problem is resolved could you tell me what I need to do to get it back?  Do I need to do something to the app or the watch?

Thanks for your response. 

Jack

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto. Mine finally showed up earlier this week, not all that impressive (I manage a hospital sleep lab) and then it disappeared. I’m not quite ready to throw my FitBit in the trash yet but certainly am beginning to see how mismanaged and ridiculous the company is. 

Best Answer
Mine also showed up. Interesting but would like to be able to see oxygen
level during the day and during workouts. Not a novice idea since there are
oxygen readers. Fitbit, look into that possibility.
Best Answer

I just signed up for Premium. Would like to receive data for the Estimated Oxygen Variation graph. My information is blank. It's one of the reasons I signed up for Premium. May have to cancel if I don't receive this important data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have got it and if you have the right watch shouldn't need premium . I don't have premium. 

Mine wasn't working so I reloaded the Fitbit app and charged my Fitbit watch until it was fully charged . 

I also read to make sure it is fitting properly on your wrist so I tightened mine and now i get the oxygen levels . 

Best Answer