Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise App won't open on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was trying to start my workout but my ionic exercise App will not open. It shows the icon for a second and then refers back to the mail menu without giving me the ability to select or start a workout. I have restarted my ionic three times now and have charged it but still no change. I also don't see any updated needed so it's all up to date. Help! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunsetRunner.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and recommend doing a factory reset. Please note that after doing a factory reset, all apps installed and the data that has not been synced yet to Fitbit account will be deleted. To do a factory reset: on your device, open the Settings app > About > Factory Reset. After this, you'll be promoted to set up and update your Ionic again.

I'll be around if you need further help. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @shellytatiana.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling. Since you've tried to restart the watch, I recommend changing a clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having the same issue as @shellytatiana. This is the first time I've used the exercise tracker for a couple of months, so I am unsure when the problem started. Like her, I have restarted my Ionic several times. I have checked to verify that there are no software updates available also. After reading your recommendation, I have changed the clock face numerous times. Nothing has helped. The problem still remains.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunsetRunner.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and recommend doing a factory reset. Please note that after doing a factory reset, all apps installed and the data that has not been synced yet to Fitbit account will be deleted. To do a factory reset: on your device, open the Settings app > About > Factory Reset. After this, you'll be promoted to set up and update your Ionic again.

I'll be around if you need further help. 

Best Answer
It appears that the factory reset has solved the problem. Thank you. Now to
just go through and re-customize to my previous set up. i.e. clock face,
app order, e.t.c... At least the exercise app works again. Thank you
again.
DocTech19
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @SunsetRunner.

This is great news and I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience! Let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and create your own topics.

Keep on visiting the forums. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes