Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset on Fitbit ionic now it won't work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Received the Fitbit Ionic for Christmas 2017, had the surge and wanted to upgrade. I have had consistent syncing problems with my Android Phone. Then the Firmware update happened and it wouldn't work at all. We tried everything I finally got frustrated and did a factory reset on the Ionic and now it won't do anything at all. It just keeps trying to go through the set up but won't make it past the WiFi set it just can't connect. I've wasted so much time trying to get this to work. I loved my surge but my band kept becoming detached and I liked the ionic options. Did I just get a bad watch? HELP so frustrated and don't know what I can do. It's only a few months old..

Kristine

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

This answer has nothing to do with the issue we are having.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup 300 dollar brick. Thanks for the update. Should have just left it alone
but you know they want you to keep it updated. Then it wouldn’t do anything
and I reset and still nothing. Then I did factory reset and now it won’t
even take a charge or come on at all.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just to clarify what happened and all the routes i've tried.

My Fitbit Ionic is 1 year and 5 months old. 

Today my watch was working fine at 3:05 PM with 50% battery life left. I was
having syncing issues and also wanted to reset my data to start fresh, so I ran the
factory reset procedure, which is this (WARNING: This may ruin your device):

"1. Remove the Ionic from your account.
2. Delete the bluetooth pairing.
3. Press and hold all buttons on the device.
4. Wait until the Fitbit logo disappears, then release the bottom right button.
5. Wait until you feel a vibration, then release the other buttons.
6. You will probably see a red X message, just ignore that and setup the device again."

I did that, felt the vibration, then released the other button. Never got the message.
The device HAS NOT came back on since!

I've contacted customer support and we exhausted all support options (I.E. hold all buttons
down, hold the left button and the bottom right button down, tried running the factory
reset again (even with the device dead)). Customer support did a good job and all they could, 
but it makes me wonder if this is a known issue for this watch from the Dev team? The device dying after a factory reset?

I was looking forward to the Ionic 2, but this doesn't give me much
confidence in this line of product. I also don't like the syncing issues and would like to see the ability to sync through
usb to a computer.

*BTW, the "Best Answer" to this question thread has nothing to do with the issue.

Best Answer
Yup. I have an adidas version brick. It’s a known problem. They should be
replacing these watches. I bought a Garmin Fenix 5 plus. Done with Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

There might be a glimmer of hope on this problem. Okay, I've got the screen to come back on with a zero percent battery showing. This is a factory reset issue just to reiterate. Hold down the usual buttons and start tapping on the touchscreen. It does seems to respond. Perhaps factor y reset kills the battery? Idk, still occasionally working on a solution

Best Answer
0 Votes

I mean, if that's the case, battery replacements wouldnt be that expensive and give confidence for the Ionic 2  when it comes out for a company that would go out of it's way to help out customers and solve a glaring issue. Logistically i idk but just a thought

Really liked my Ionic when it worked right and the badges.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.

The moment to change brand has come! 

Goodbye Fitbit.

Best Answer

I did the factory reset and it will not turn on.  I've had it for only a year and 3 months. Nothing but a paper weight now.

Best Answer