Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset on Fitbit ionic now it won't work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Received the Fitbit Ionic for Christmas 2017, had the surge and wanted to upgrade. I have had consistent syncing problems with my Android Phone. Then the Firmware update happened and it wouldn't work at all. We tried everything I finally got frustrated and did a factory reset on the Ionic and now it won't do anything at all. It just keeps trying to go through the set up but won't make it past the WiFi set it just can't connect. I've wasted so much time trying to get this to work. I loved my surge but my band kept becoming detached and I liked the ionic options. Did I just get a bad watch? HELP so frustrated and don't know what I can do. It's only a few months old..

Kristine

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Have you tried skipping the WiFi setup part to see if it will actually continue beyond that? You can always add WiFi networks once the initial setup is done. Only problem is that the forced firmware update during the setup will take forever over Bluetooth. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

My ionic keeps flashing "Hi get started at www.fitbit.com/setup" for hours. Cannot move an inch. Is it a brick now?

Best Answer

How long is Forever? I tried that but after 30 min of trying to connect I gave up and restarted my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I left it overnight fyi. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nth1502 wrote:

I left it overnight fyi. 

Hello @nth1502,

Sorry your having problems.  Is your Ionic stuck in the update or something else?

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-not-syncing-stuck-on-4-digit-code/m-p/2663750#M49818

My problem was solved. Please read my updated post for possible solution.

Best Answer

THERE IS NO SOLUTION FOR THIS SUBJECT!!!!! Factory reset mine and now only the Fitbit logo is on the screen. It flashes every once in a while, but nothing! It's less only a month old. Of course the "solutions" have nothing to really do with the problem. I am military overseas, so I will try getting on the phone with customer service tonight to see what they have to say. I'm so disappointed. I gave up my Apple Watch for the Ionic and for the first month I loved it. At least Apple actually have a real guarantee and good customer service. Fitbit, you're a disappointment. Make good on all the hype.

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. Did they ever say how to fix it. I've tried to factory reset over and over. I hold the 3 buttons until the logo disappears then I feel the vibration. Then it just keeps cycling the logo on and off. Nothing works anymore. It worked fine till a few days ago. 

Best Answer

@Dvrapant wrote:

I have the exact same problem. Did they ever say how to fix it. I've tried to factory reset over and over. I hold the 3 buttons until the logo disappears then I feel the vibration. Then it just keeps cycling the logo on and off. Nothing works anymore. It worked fine till a few days ago. 

Did you follow these steps exactly? 

Fitbit OS hardware reset

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This will trigger the 2-button hardware restart after about eight seconds. 

- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, whilst continuing to hold the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.

- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.

- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
Yes In have followed this exact procedure over and over again. I get the
vibration after releasing the right bottom button. The logo just keeps
cycling on and off after that. It doesn't boot up to any other screen. It's
been cycling the logo now for over 24 hours, I've tried probably 20 times
to reset and it won't do anything now but cycle on and off. I was just
going to let the battery run out and see what happens after charging it
again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue has never been resolved I have lost additional functioality and this has been painful since March. I am so upset that I spent the money on this new watchand gave them such praise in the past.

Very disappointed 

KCK

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-not-syncing-stuck-on-4-digit-code/m-p/2663750#M49818

Key summmary of my troubleshooting process :

(1) Remove device connection in the app

(2) Turn off your phone wifi (keep bluetooth on so you can connect to your fitbit at reset step. When it is flashing with logo and greeting, it is still capable to establish connection)

(3) Turn off other devices/peripherals bluetooth ( speakers/laptop...) since they might interfere the process.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is no greeting. The logo flashes on and off only. It does not go to
any other screen. It does not boot after the vibration when doing the
factory reset. It has already been removed from the Fitbit app. The phone
does not find the watch via bluetooth.
Best Answer

@Dvrapant wrote:
There is no greeting. The logo flashes on and off only. It does not go to
any other screen. It does not boot after the vibration when doing the
factory reset. It has already been removed from the Fitbit app. The phone
does not find the watch via bluetooth.

I would recommend contacting customer support. They will be able to discuss your options with you. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
Yeah I took it to Beat Buy and the Geek Squad guy told me it probably has
to go back. Unfortunately I dont have the original receipt anymore so I'm
probably stuck with a dead watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dvrapant I think as long as you purchased it from an authorised reseller, fitbit will deal with the warranty. It's worth contacting customer support on the link I provided, see what they say. The should be able to see what the warranty status is from your account/serial number. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
Ok thank you I will. I love the watch so much that because I'm in the
middle of losing weight so well with tracking everything, I actually got
the Addidas Ionic yesterday after I was told this one needed to go back.
I'm crossing my fingers this never happens again. Hopefully they will fix
it and I can have another for a backup. I love all the features but when
updates come out I cringe because I always have trouble updating and that's
what happened this time. I dont think it updated when I tried but then the
problems started. Thanks for your help.
Best Answer

Same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. Apparently factory resets can destroy the device. I'm outside the warranty window. What a piece of junk.

Best Answer