Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about Fitbit Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've never owned a Fitbit product.  I recently began using the Fitbit app as a way to log water, food and steps and I am enjoying it and finding it motivating.

I'm thinking about making the plunge and purchasing the Fitbit Ionic.  (I also was looking at the Blaze.)

So question, would you buy the Fitbit Ionic again?  Do you regret it?  Love it?  Think it's worth it or not?

Any feedback is appreciated.   Thank you in advance!  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
463 REPLIES 463

No, I would not recommend buying a Fitbit!  I paid $285 to purchase a Fitbit Ionic in January 2018 and it completely died and stopped working this summer.  I called Fitbit to see if they could help me.  They said my device was outside of their 12 month warranty and told me there was nothing they could do.  I was shocked that Fitbit didn't offer to try to repair it.  I can't believe that I paid this much money for a watch that lasted 1.5 years.  I've previously owned multiple Fitbits devices but after this experience they've lost me as a customer.  I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure others don't make the same mistake I did in buying this device.  I'm planning to write the Fitbit Management team and Board of Directors a letter to share my customer experience with them:  https://investor.fitbit.com/governance/management-board-of-directors/default.aspx

Best Answer

Sounds very familiar, sound exactly like my experience with Fitbit - Very surprised at the poor customer service at Fitbit.  Buyer beware.  

Best Answer

Beware,  Fitbit uses the warranty as a shield rather than a means of maintaining customer satisfaction.  You are better off buying a cheap knock off, it will last longer and will give 90% of the functionality.

Best Answer

Agreed, The high price of the Fitbit can not be justified given the poor quality of the product.  $249 for a watch that they say may only last just over a year (just past the warranty period) is crazy.  

Best Answer

Same story exactly.  I loved it while it worked, but Fitbit has quality issues and there products are designed to last just longer than the warranty period - not a good strategy for long term success.

Best Answer

Fitbit acts like a hard reset is no big deal - just normal mode of operation.  Very frustrating.  If you are looking for a fitness watch, beware - the warranty Fitbit offers is not equal to the investment you will make.  Look elsewhere.

Best Answer

Thank you for the Board information

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I haven’t had any problems with mine. I have several friends who have
had problems. As long as mine continues to work I would buy another one. If
it gives me problems and you don’t back the product up then no.
Best Answer

Loved my Alta HR, love the fitbit app, 4 days in and I hate my Ionic...so no probably not

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would never ever in my life considering buying fitbit ionic or any other watches they sell again. It's even an insult to trash calling that worthless piece of **ahem** trash. It was nice while it lasted (13 months). But when I woke up today, it was suddenly dead forever.. . I took care of the watch like it was my baby. I still have the package, the bands and the charger. But the watch..... worthless thing. Don't even bother looking at a fitbit watch, turn your head to the side and look else where. Trust me, you won't regret it. (Sorry for my language and if I seem rude but.... if you are selling an expensive watch make sure it works passed the warranty... and with passed I mean over 2 years!!!)

Best Answer

I totally agree Fitbit is “_hit” the ionic crapped out a few weeks after the warranty and the Fitbit company wouldn’t stand behind it!

Best Answer

Here is my complaint. I have owned my Iconic for 2 1/2 years, so far it has worked fairly well. No sudden death or craziness. However the original Fitbit app was iffy, syncing was on and off. The latest App update is much better and sync seems to work 98% of the time.

Why I will not buy another Fitbit product. (1). Slowest charging fitness watch I've ever owned. (2). Battery life is subpar at best and goes downhill the longer you own it. After 2 1/2 years I have to charge the watch every 2 days. I expect death of this watch in the very near future. (3). The music feature is useless. Deezer and Pandora useless.

Now I've owned a few Garmin Fenix watches and battery life over time never changed, it also charged twice as fast so it's back to Garmin for me. Sorry Fitbit, you need to build a better watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I own one that just died and would not reboot nor charge. I would recommend you to read the Forum about "Ionic not turning on not charging" or something like thay. Very eye opening! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

NO!!!

Bought mine new  on 3/14/18

Replaced under Warranty March of 2019

The device failed again August 13 2019......Will not hold a charge for 24 hours.

offered a 25% discount to buy a new one ??????

Best Answer

Absolutely stay clear of Fitbit

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Never Again! Don’t buy one

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

No. My first one suffered battery drain after 6 months of normal use. Now I have received a replacement under warranty, but the update keeps failing and I have wasted hours trying to make the thing work. Waste of time and money.

Best Answer

After being with Fitbit for over 4 years, also indulging them with 2 different models (Surge and Ionic), I'm leaving Fitibit.  Almost 2 years to the day, with no apparent reason, no neglect, clean case, my Ionic died today. Supports answer was to offer 25% on a new one.  With spending this much on a device, and features still not even realized from their original marketing material (Oxymeter), it's now dead.  The Surge was a disappointment as well. It advertised 5ATM , which disappeared in later marketing material.  It didn't hold up to sweat. The screen would fog (they gave me 2 replacements under warranty), and eventually died.  When the 3rd one died, I thought they might've gotten their act straight.  I got the Ionic (if it can survive swimming it can survive sweat). I had such pains getting it to sync regularly over the past 2 years with 2 different phones (ios and android).  Now its dead.  Good bye Ionic. So long Fitbit.  

Ionic (27.32.10.20), Surge (Did not live up to 5 ATM Spec originally on tech spec), Samsung Galaxy S5, Moto G5 Plus
Best Answer

More than a year has gone by and I am still wearing my Ionic.

And I finally want to take back my 'NO'.  Seems like the news of Google takeover has so far revitalized the company.  Starting right before the announcement, bug fixes seems to be coming at a much faster rate.

New firmware updates, not one but two, in the past few months.  A few nagging bugs have finally been ironed out like the music player control, water intake, GPS fix (I don't think it was affecting a lot of people but I was having a lot of difficulty getting a GPS lock), notifications to name a few.  New features too which is a nice plus - multiple watch faces, the new agenda app (although I don't use it).

Just a more stable and solid OS.  Still some issues with notifications, and the Spotify app reverting to free account which renders it useless, but at least it is now much more reliable although still not 100%.

I will probably buy another Fitbit when my Ionic eventually reaches end of life (was seriously considering the Garmin Fenix 6, but its lack of touchscreen and the dull display contrast were holding me back... and now my Ionic is suddenly working more reliably).  But will fitbit release another model with built-in GPS?

Best Answer