Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic Fitpay setup error 0.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi ladies and Gents, Just trying to setup my FitBit wallet, as i press get it comes up with the "preparing..." message but doesn't get any further then this.

just pops up an error message saying "the operation couldn't be completed. (fitbit.paymentsError erroe 0.)"

I've tried un-pairing though Bluetooth and restarting both iphone and ionic as well as deleting the FitBit application and re downloading it on the apple store nothing has worked thus far. 

Anyone else had this problem and know a solution? 

Thanks everyone! 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi all! I'm happy to report that our team released a fix for this Fitbit Pay setup issue on the iOS app version 2.47.

Please update your Fitbit iOS app, and try to add your card to the wallet. For general questions about setting up Fitbit Pay, checkout this help article: What should I know about Fitbit Pay?

Let us know how it goes!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

@Dylann506I've not seen that error before but just to be sure, are you in an area that Fitbit Pay is supported (and with a supported bank and card) and using a supported phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Appreciate the reply! According to fitbit my bank (commonwealth bank of Australia) is supported. I'm assuming an iPhone is supported as i can download the application on the apple store all the features work fine on my flex and charge HR the ionoic works fine for the most part also its only the wallet application i can't get to work. I cant setup the fit bit wallet feature on my windows 10 64 bit p.c  i'm fairy tech savvy but at this point I've got no clue and i don't believe  its possible to set up on p.c for security reasons.

Thanks! Have a good one! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_1692.PNG

Best Answer

@Dylann506 Thanks for getting back to us with a screenshot. 

I spoke with our engineering team and they recommended performing the following:

• Restart your Bluetooth from within your phone's settings (not from the control center) by toggling on/off
  • Manually sync your Ionic 
  • Attempt to setup Fitbit Pay again

After performing these steps, if you are still unable to set up, let me know. 

@SunsetRunner Thanks for the assist! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit Unfortunately these steps didn't make a difference, still gets stuck on the preparing screen before showing the error message posted above.

Appreciate the reply! thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having exactly the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dylann506 Thanks for trying Matt's suggested workaround. I work with Matt on Fitbit Pay concerns, and I'm escalating your experience to our engineering team. Can you provide me with your phone model and OS version?

@Ken200 could I get your phone model and OS version as well? 

Thanks for helping @MattFitbit and I get to the bottom of this!

Best Answer

iphone 5 iOS 10.3.3

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all the above steps and have the same setup as the OP. Still getting this error. Any solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I got to add a device code on my Fitbit for the first time without Fitbit pay it keeps saying error no matter what I try.I tried to ask Fitbit but they had no idea.It is one-day old.It says enabled then a check mark beside it then disabled under then there is a small space and it shows a change pin button.Remember I do no want Fitbit pay

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobFitbit I can confirm its iPhone 5 issue its works totally fine with my iPhone 6 and the problem only occurred with my iPhone 5  (i was using an iPhone 5 for a fitness tracking and iPhone 6 as my daily phone)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NathanYorkJr what phone are you using Nathan?

Best Answer
0 Votes
iPhone 5
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem. Country/Bank/bank card is on the supported list, but I can't get far enough into the process to add it. The Error 0 pops up 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue iPhone 5 as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobFitbitiphone 5 iOS 10.3.3 - Not Working

iphone 6 iOS 11.2.1 - Working 

@danielkadamsjr I'd say iPhone 5 users are out of luck at the moment maybe there will be an update to resolve this problem in the near future. who knows.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was in the phone with them. Told them I knew I wasn't the only one with the issue. They boosted my issue to top priority or something. Seems they are working on it.

Best,
Nathan York Jr

Moderator edit: Personal information removed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks everyone for reaching out and providing more information.

The issue has been escalated to our engineering team, and they are going to investigate. I don't yet have a timeline for a fix, but I'll update this thread once we do. 

Best Answer

I'm having the exact problem with my iPad.

Best Answer
0 Votes