Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic crashes when double tap on excercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Before the latest firmware I used to double tap on the exercise I wanted to select and then tap "play button" to start tracking, now if you double tap on one of the exercises for example "swim" or "run" the watch crashes. Seems like single tap is the other way to start it which is what i use now (single tap was not doing anything at all prior to this update).

Just wanted to give you a heads up on this.

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Thanks for stopping by @Brooklyn320 and for the heads up! My Ionic keeps working as it used to before the update. By any chance, have you tried restart it? If not yet, I'd recommend following these steps:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Ionic doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

After the restart test your tracker and see if when taping the exercise of your choice it keeps crashing. 

I'll be around, keep me posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi I did restart it a bunch of times, and it did not help. It took me a while to figure out that after update you can also single tap to start exercise tracking so I was very frustrated that the new firmware update broke the main feature of the ionic which is exercise tracking. 

Additionally, yesterday a friend of mine bought an brand new Ionic, updated it to the latest firmware and his does the same thing, it crashes when you double tap on an exercise. 

Best Answer

@Brooklyn320 Just wanted to take the time to thank you for your report. 

Our team is aware of this experience and are working to resolve it in a future firmware update. 

In the meantime, you can avoid the exercise app crashing by tapping on the watch face only once. 

If you have any questions, you know where to find me! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hi all. 

Just wanted to jump in here to announce that OS 1.2 has was recently released to 10% of users. 

This firmware update includes a fix that has resolved the issue where Ionic was crashing when double tapping on the exercise app. 

If you have not received an alert that the update is available for Ionic, you can expect to see it soon. You can find more information on this OS release by following the link, here

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue! If you have any questions, you know where to find me! Smiley Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Firmware update will not complete . Now exercise button doesn’t work. With 1. Or 2 taps.  It flashes and returns. No exercise options.   Chat help. No help.  I want my wAtch working.  Ugh 😑 

Best Answer

It's great seeing you around @cnowmAN! Thanks for reaching out to our Support team. I've noticed that you've mentioned in this post that they walked you through the factory reset procedure and now your Ionic is working properly. 

I'll be around if you have any other question. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried doing a factory reset on my phone now that it’s back on it just keeps blinking the blue diamond. How do I get my Fitbit ionic to turn back on with the factory apps

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic stopped displaying when I was in the treadmill mode. Tried recharging - did not respond. Tried the reset procedure several times - no change. The app cannot connect. Other suggestions before I just replace it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cleaned my contacts first and then did the reset suggested above and now it is charging.  Thanks! 

Best Answer

my ionic completely died. wont' charge, turn on, nothing  only had over a year. disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been about a year since I have used my Fitbit Ionic due to surgeries. Now ready to hit the gym and my unit is stone cold dead.

I put on the charger for the past 48 hours. USB good. Nothing. Cleaned pins and contacts. Nothing. Holiday present from my kids. App on phone shows update available but cannot get Ionic to even turn on. Is there a method for a complete reset to get unit to turn on?

Need help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any fix for black screen and won't charge after update?

Best Answer

I have done all of these steps and my device still won’t turn on or reset.  The app says the watch is dead and it keeps “looking” for it. I’ve had it on the charger for hours after cleaning it.  

The watch is is less than six months old and was working fine yesterday. 

Now what?  

Best Answer

I'm having same problem. Had a near full charge and now nothing. Black screen and hooking up to charger does nothing.

Best Answer

Thats exactly what is happening with mine. Near full charge and suddenly the screen is black and won't turn on. Tried charging, cleaning, testing plug ins, factory reset but nothing will turn it back on

Best Answer

Same issue here. Fitbit was working a couple of hours ago, now the screen is off, restarting doesn't work, companion app says "Looking". 

Tried to plug it and restart it multiple times, nothing. Cleaned the contacts, nothing.

I am also noticing the Ionic is quite hot; it's been 1 hour off my wrist so it's not remanent heat from my body. Feels like the firmware update bricked it.

Thanks in advance for any help the official team can offer.

Regards,

Mathieu.

Best Answer

Did the update and now my watch has crashed will not even turn on so mad right now,! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No matter what I try my fitbit ionic won't turn back on

Best Answer

That didn't work for my ionic, nothing I have been told to try on here has worked I'm about ready to throw the piece of crap away and never buy a fitbit product again.

Best Answer