Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.1 - Firmware Release (27.68.9.12)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/16

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.1, available for Ionic (Firmware Version: 27.68.9.12). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone.  

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
173 REPLIES 173

I have Ionic and I am in the same boat with you!!! My phone can't even find it to Pair with it now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

guys the next update that's in beta will fix it. I cant give details but I have 0 issues with the latest beta. they did great with the fixes. Just give them time to push it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean give them time to push it??  How long till they "push it"?  Do I just keep trying do install the Ionic every few days or what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree with blinkzane, I am also running the beta (27.68.9.15).  Watch is working perfectly and syncs to my 'non-compatible' Nokia like a charm!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

MRogers71 - Yes mine was well under warranty still. Purchased it February this year.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This one did not get the firmware update, it did updates when I first came un

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just bought mine in May so mine was only 4 months old

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody. Sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for the time you spent trying to resolve the issues you experienced. We appreciate that some of you have reported the issues have been resolved.

If you are experiencing difficulties receiving WhatsApp notifications from Android devices, please be aware that our team is currently working to resolve this issue and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. We're sorry for any trouble.

If you are experiencing difficulties receiving notifications from iOS devices, please follow these steps.

In the meantime, please make sure you've followed our instructions to set up notifications. If this doesn't help, some users have had success after uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

On another note, if your information is not getting transferred to your account, you can follow our troubleshooting steps to resolve syncing or set up issues.

To resolve difficulties to update the firmware of the Fitbit Ionic, please follow the steps on this article.

@malar Customer Support has been in touch with you recently. For more information please check your inbox.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

This update bricked my ionic. Wont turn on, wont connect to app at all. Completely useless.

Please advise how you intend to fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly seems the life cycle of this product is just over a year. Mine Bricked at 15 months. No resets worked. My Blaze lasted over 3 years and then would not hold a charge.

My Bride gave Ionic to me for Christmas and my Daughter a Versa. Daughters Versa does not have issues....yet. 

I liked the Ionic as it was easier to see with older eyes. Nothing to see now.

After reading multiple posts the common problem seems to be the  battery life and there is no replacement as it is a recharging battery.

Maybe this is built into the product so we will be sheep and buy a newer model every 18 months. This choice of upgrade should be with the user and not the manufacturer.

My choice now is to research other Smartwatch options. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all the workarounds, still don't get any update notification. What else can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @MassiveAttack ,  a warm welcome to the Community! Thanks for informing us that you haven't received the banner to update the Ionic. Don't worry all users will receive it. In the meantime,please keep your app updated and verify that you are connected to the internet. 

@LouK84 , thanks for sharing your experience! Support informed me that you already have a case open with them. You'll receive a reply very soon. Please continue working with them.  They are going to help  you further. 

@Scotag8ter , nice to see you for the 1st time in the Community! Thank you for the information provided. 

I've contacted Support, and they will open a case in your behalf. You'll be receiving an Email very soon. Please keep an eye in your  inbox. 

Please keep me posted. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Yes, under warranty. Still waiting for it.

Best Answer

I don't know if the update screwed up my Ionic or not. It stopped working in the middle of the night and will not turn on!! This isn't even a year old!!WTH?!?!??!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As suggested by a few other users,  I uninstalled my Android app v 3.6.1 (Samsung XCover4) and reinstalled it from the Android app store.  This did indeed fixed the notification problems that I reported--SMS notifications come through but WhatsApp notifications do not-- so I can only conclude that it was a phone issue, although, as far as I can tell,  the settings were identical. Most curiously,  my Windows 10 client also started syncing again, although I had not reinstalled that app. This suggests that the W10 problem arises if the Ionic is paired with an Android device which is not behaving properly. Presently my Ionic performs as expected. All features work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
In my experience the Ionic has a life of about 9 months. Currently on my 3rd Ionic in less than 2 years. Replaced twice under warranty.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Presently on my first Ionic that is 22 months old. Have had one major failure due to app software update, and 2 issues with notifications also related to software or firmware updates. All have been resolved and the device continues to work correctly. That being said, this is still a very buggy device.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never had an issue until yesterday. Complete shut down. Not even a year old yet. And no answers from Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Get online with Fitbit Support and they will help you out

Best Answer

still no update notification. why is there no "check for updates" functionality?

Best Answer
0 Votes