Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.2.2 - Ionic Firmware Release (72.1.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Ionic will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available - if you installed it, let us know what you think!

If you don’t see the update yet, that’s expected. Check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We expect everyone to receive the update in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

Did you know that we gradually release our updates? We do this to make sure everything is working just right for you. Sometimes we find an issue and it might take a little longer than expected for everyone to get the update. While you might see suggestions on how to “force” an update, we ask that you don’t try any of these workarounds. Most of the time the update won’t be available and you can lose data or encounter other difficulties. The best way to get the update is to be patient and wait for the update banner to appear in the Fitbit app. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

You can find release notes here.  New Ionic version is 27.72.1.15. 

HOW DO I UPDATE?

You can find step-by-step instructions for updating your Ionic here.

If you run into difficulty please review these troubleshooting tips

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

Mine is the same too, no longer tracks steps, heartbeat or sleep

I emailed Fitbit and they offered 35% of a new device 

I should not have to pay anything, my ionic was working fine until this update. 
I have done all the restarts and procedures Fitbit have asked but still will not work! 
I am now looking to break my 9year partnership with the Fitbit community  

Best Answer

Not sure what's going on but they need to fix this issue. I don't like Apple products but they are looking good at the moment. 

Best Answer

Since I did the update my workouts are not registering.  I contacted support and they are no help.   Either send another fix that really fixes what’s wrong or I will be moving to an Apple Watch 

Best Answer

Mine hasn’t either and I am beyond frustrated 

Best Answer

Did you happen to change your watch band at that point too, to a non-Fitbit kind of band? That has happened to affect my data. 

Best Answer

Hello Kathywent, The only change I made was the update. Then at the end it asked to callibrate the sensors and this gave several times an error. Lateron I saw that the sensor greenlight is nog present. Exactly that is the error now, it doesnot registrate my steps and heartbeat.

Best Answer

Did the update an now my ionic keeps dropping Bluetooth 

junk

and yes I’ve tried all the resets on my phone and ionic

Best Answer

My Ionic is now draining battery in less than 12 hours, it was fine before the upgrade?!?!?!

Has anybody else seen battery issues post upgrade

left on charge over night, 100% > 86% in 1 hour!!!

Help, this has rendered the device useless & I have concerns Fitbit have done this on purpose like apple with old ios

Best Answer

Yes battery drains faster than my sink with no plug in it. It is either trying to continuously update or sinking with mobile with no luck

Best Answer

Something strange happened today! Its working again. I did my workout at the crosstrainer and at once I saw it registrated my steps, I looked at the back of the watch and the sensors are working again. It looks, it counts correct when I benchmark the number of steps with former workouts

Best Answer

Updated, battery life has been awful since the update. Currently won’t charge, yes I have checked ports, and tried a reboot. It was fully charged 24 hours ago. This morning, I saw another update but now it has disappeared and I couldn’t do the update as my fitbit doesn’t have enough battery life. I was excited as I figured it was an update to fix whatever fitbit screwed up in programming from first update, killing everyone’s batteries. This makes me want to quit fitbit.

Best Answer

My ionic doesn’t last a day now. 

I have restarted, I have removed and added it back in the app, I have removed almost all apps (only have Fitbit apps: timer, activity, and alarm one, and the one I can’t remove), I have turned off all notifications (my norm), I have updated the iPhone app (yesterday). Still. Watch dies within 12-14 hours. The watch face I use does not track weather or anything wild (weather is uninstalled) no crazy pictures, no sp02, just heart rate and activity. I have not gone on a hike or walk or bike ride so no gps periods. 

very disappointed. 

battery life was the only thing that kept Fitbit above anyone else. It’s YOUR ACE IN THE HOLE, otherwise Apple is the superior product. Shame the Fitbit team is not taking this seriously. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for keep sharing your comments. 

As a first approach, I'd like to reinforce the fact that we do not recommend performing a factory reset on your own unless it has suggested directly from our Support Team. Performing a factory reset might damage your watch permanently if it's done incorrectly.

As mentioned before, if you're still running into any issue with your watch, you can try the suggested steps listed below before checking with our team:

• Find step-by-step instructions for updating your Ionic smartwatch here
  • If you run into any trouble updating your watch and it looks stuck, review these troubleshooting tips
  • If you have any questions or inquiries related to your warranty you can check this page

We've also noticed that some of you have different issues with your Ionic smartwatches after the update.

1. If you're having syncing issues with your Fitbit, please try these steps Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 
  2. If you've noticed battery issues with your Fitbit, please try these steps before checking with our support team Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? or Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?
  3. If you're having heart rate issues,  please confirm if you've restarted your device by following the steps from this help article How do I restart my Fitbit device? Then you can sync your Fitbit and test it. Take in count this information: What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?
  4. Remember that if you've already followed all troubleshooting steps suggested in our Help Site, it's best to get in touch with our support team. Click here to get connected.

For the ones who got in touch with our Support Team before or after posting here, please feel free to update your support case if you still have inquiries or need further help, so our team can continue assisting you.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the update no problem. My fitbit won't connect via WiFi or Bluetooth to sync to install. It connects via Bluetooth shows to logo then drops out with a red X in a circle about a second later. I've tried multiple times

Best Answer

Wow, lots of issues, went from Sense back to Ionic to get firmware, it found Ionic, configured WiFi (HotSpot on phone), always worked before, during swap, it found I had 72.1.9, informed me there was an update, tried, failed over WiFi, asked try again or over Bluetooth, I tried again, it failed, rebooted phone, rebooted watch, now it says I am up to date, no update still at 72.1.9 not 72.1.15, but it no longer gives me a notice for an update, says I am up to date... 

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer

All of the problems cited in this thread, have to do with the latest update.  ALL OF THEM!  I called the help desk, and they have me doing a factory reset.  Don't know how this is going to fix this problem, as the update will just download again, and do this all over again.. FIX THE UPDATE ISSUES!

Best Answer

I have tried all these things, I have even cleaned the connectors with toothbrush and cleaning alcohol.

Get your development team in the office and get on with releasing a fix to this software.

You have ruined my watch with this upgrade & your support team are following scripts tat are no use at all in this type of issue

Best Answer

So…has anyone figured out how to fix your device after downloading the firmware? My device is a little over a year old and now doesn’t work! I swear this is my last Fitbit if this can’t be fixed. Ugh! I will miss it but I’m tired of buying devices every 15 months. Please help!

Best Answer

I did what you suggested. It still doesn't work. Thank you for your suggestions though.

Best Answer

Ok I tried update. It froze everything and couldn't do anything. Finally had to do a factory reset. Now it is updated the problem is on my today screen only thing it shows is heartrate,steps,and steps this hour. Everything else is gone. Also no notification will work either. I have the iconic. Need help now. 

Best Answer