Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay in Australia

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Pay have announced they have signed up 3 of Australias largest banks.. Here is an extract from the article from this link

For Australians that are less concerned about health and more interested in contactless payments, Fitbit Pay revealed this week that it signed three of the Big Four banks – Commonwealth, NAB and ANZ – which is more than both Apple Pay and Samsung Pay.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Here is today's email from my ANZ Bank. So like many I will be awaiting Fitbit's official release of PayWave..PayPass etc and of course my Pre-ordered Ionic...

Effective today, 2nd October 2017, ANZ has partnered with Fitbit to enable in-store payments on the new Fitbit Ionic device. Once set up with their card details, customers simply need to tap the Fitbit device at any contactless merchant terminal to make a payment. To set up Fitbit Pay on their device, customers with a Fitbit account must pair their Fitbit Ionic device and add their eligible ANZ cards using the Fitbit app.

The Fitbit app can be downloaded from iTunes or Google Play Store to an eligible iPhone or Android device. For eligible devices, please visit the link below:

https://www.fitbit.com/au/devices for eligible devices

You can add up to 6 Visa Debit/Credit cards to the wallet and choose 1 card to use on your Ionic. Fitbit Payments are authenticated by a 4 digit PIN which is required to be entered each time the watch is on your wrist, or the first time you make a payment since last taking off your watch or after 24 hours since you have last entered your PIN.

For more information on ANZ's Mobile Payment offerings:

https://mobilepayments.anz.com/fitbit-pay/

The ANZ Digital Servicing Team will provide support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
I can confirm that fitbit pay works great with the commonwealth bank. I just paid for groceries at woolworths with it 😉
Best Answer

@lancelin2k7 Great news. I'm still waiting for my Ionic

@lancelin2k7 wrote:
I can confirm that fitbit pay works great with the commonwealth bank. I just paid for groceries at woolworths with it 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lancelin2k7Setup Ionic today... First ANZ Paywave at Woolworths perfect... A couple of odd looks because it wasn't an Apple watch..

Well done Fitbit. Very easy to setup the wallet.

@lancelin2k7 wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lancelin2k7

I have a CBA card as well but having issue in getting the card displayed on the watch (when you hold down the left button).

When you long pressed the left button on your watch, does it show the credit card image with the last 4 digit on your watch? or does it display the message "Pay with Ionic" "To Start, add a card in the wallet section of the Fitbit mobile app"?  Mine CBA card is activated on Ionic from the Android mobile app but when I long pressed the left button it shows "Pay with Ionic" message.  Tried tapping in Coles on self checkout and it doesn't take the payment.

Best Answer

@TrumpTrumpThis is what I see with my ANZ Visa card.. The sky image is part of the Credit card image.  As I have posted in other areas I cannot help because I had a trouble free setup and has worked now for over 150 "touches since October 3rd..

One fail on a Suncorp Terminal, and that was a data error and another where the ANZ thought it was a "hot" card.. and no explanation from them...because the physical card worked immediately, and I have had 3 transactions since on that same Commonwealth pay terminal, so just a glitch.

There is a suggestion in another topic.. To go into your wallet and Suspend and UnSuspend the card and that worked.

pay Fitbit.jpg

@TrumpTrump wrote:

@lancelin2k7

I have a CBA card as well but having issue in getting the card displayed on the watch (when you hold down the left button).

When you long pressed the left button on your watch, does it show the credit card image with the last 4 digit on your watch? or does it display the message "Pay with Ionic" "To Start, add a card in the wallet section of the Fitbit mobile app"?  Mine CBA card is activated on Ionic from the Android mobile app but when I long pressed the left button it shows "Pay with Ionic" message.  Tried tapping in Coles on self checkout and it doesn't take the payment.

Best Answer

Hi Colinm39, thank you for the screen shot.  That's what I'd expect as well, however mine shows pay with ionic, tried 100+ times (actual attempts) to suspend, unsuspend, re-activate the card.  Still having the same issue.  Start to suspect that I have a faulty watch.

DSC_2463.JPG

Best Answer

@Colinm39 Finally after 10+ re-installing everything (Factory reset on Ionic + firmware updates and reinstall Fitbit app from app store).  It is now finally working, I can see my CBA card on my watch for once.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TrumpTrump wrote:

@Colinm39 Finally after 10+ re-installing everything (Factory reset on Ionic + firmware updates and reinstall Fitbit app from app store).  It is now finally working, I can see my CBA card on my watch for once.

Glad you got it working, finally. However just be aware that I too had it working once and then it suddenly decided to "uninstall" itself and I've not been able to get it working properly again since. Currently have a case number with Fitbit support, and it's being investigated by a "higher tier". I await an update. I hope you (and others) don't suffer the same issues.

Best Answer

How did you pay?

Dud you just swipe the fitbit or did you have to enter a pin or something else?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dickson11 Once installed you will find occasionally you have to re-enter your 4 digit pin because the Pay feature hasn't been used for awhile.

To use Pay you just hold the left button on the Ionic and the screen below will appear, with a partial image of your card and the last 4 digits of your credit card. Then hold the face of you Ionic against the Pay terminal. The Ionic will buzz and a large green tick for a successful tap..

Depending on the terminal and your notification settings you may see the transaction displayed on you phone and the Ionic..  It will be in your wallet. 

Occasionally a failed transaction will appear to follow the same procedure. You will normally get the failed receipt. I then find the physical card works. The banks aren't very helpful on tracking the errors.  Over 300 successful pays with me and only 3 failures, one was a transmission error, and the other two the error thought it was a "hot" card.

_20171224_223051.JPG

@dickson11 wrote:

How did you pay?

Dud you just swipe the fitbit or did you have to enter a pin or something else?

Thanks

Best Answer

So I’m with NAB, I’ve added a card to my ionic. But when I try to use pay, it asks for a PIN number. What PIN number am I using as the cards PIN doesn’t work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JascoMaskiWhen you setup the card it would have asked for a 4 digit pin for your watch.. That is the pin.  Definitely not your card pin...

Whenever I take my watch off, and put it back on that is the pin number I have to use.. Or, if you haven't used the Pay feature for a while the Ionic is on your wrist it will again prompt again..

I'm with ANZ and I didn't have any issues..

wrote:

So I’m with NAB, I’ve added a card to my ionic. But when I try to use pay, it asks for a PIN number. What PIN number am I using as the cards PIN doesn’t work? 

Best Answer

Thanks for that, I’m probably just being stupid (old). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JascoMaski  Thanks for the reply... Does it work now,,,?

Smiley Happy Old !!!! I'm 78 and still with it...Probably about 400 Pay's on Fitbit.. I purchase everything on my ANZ VISA via Fitbit,,

A couple of the older machines failed me so I contacted the ANZ bank and with the error message which to them  indicated a "hot" card... even though I paid within a minute with the same plastic card..

Last week a dear lady... I say that because she looked older than me..saw me using the watch... She said, "do you remember Dick Tracy"..... my reply, "We can't talk into this watch".

All great fun...

wrote:

Thanks for that, I’m probably just being stupid (old). 

Best Answer

Hi. A few questions for FitBit Wallet users (IOS and Android app users)

I only have the Windows Fitbit app for which Fitbit Wallet is yet to be released. As a go-around, I have used a friends iPhone, downloaded the IOS FitBit app, logged in as myself and setup a credit card using Fitbit Wallet on their phone. I only installed one credit. My question is: When you install more than one credit card, can you choose which one to use for payments on the Ionic itself? Or are you limited in using whatever is the default card until re-syncing with Fitbit Wallet? Ideally, I would like to install 2-3 cards and be able to choose which one to use at the pay station with my Ionic and without having a phone nearby. Is this possible? Or even though Fitbit Wallet can store multiple cards, the Ionic only allows for one to be stored?

My second question is can you use Fitbit Wallet across multiple devices? For example, can I upload a credit card on my friends iphone whilst logged into the FItbit app as myself, and then do the same when Fitbit finalise Fitbit Wallet for Windows. Or another case would be: using the Fitbit Wallet across an iphone and then an ipad or a work phone etc etc. Are there any issues with the phone/pad device being registered to the Ionic and then not liking the fact that multiple devices can sync Wallet settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattyGatzawrote:

Hi. A few questions for FitBit Wallet users (IOS and Android app users)

I only have the Windows Fitbit app for which Fitbit Wallet is yet to be released. As a go-around, I have used a friends iPhone, downloaded the IOS FitBit app, logged in as myself and setup a credit card using Fitbit Wallet on their phone. I only installed one credit. My question is: When you install more than one credit card, can you choose which one to use for payments on the Ionic itself? Or are you limited in using whatever is the default card until re-syncing with Fitbit Wallet? Ideally, I would like to install 2-3 cards and be able to choose which one to use at the pay station with my Ionic and without having a phone nearby. Is this possible? Or even though Fitbit Wallet can store multiple cards, the Ionic only allows for one to be stored?

My second question is can you use Fitbit Wallet across multiple devices? For example, can I upload a credit card on my friends iphone whilst logged into the FItbit app as myself, and then do the same when Fitbit finalise Fitbit Wallet for Windows. Or another case would be: using the Fitbit Wallet across an iphone and then an ipad or a work phone etc etc. Are there any issues with the phone/pad device being registered to the Ionic and then not liking the fact that multiple devices can sync Wallet settings?

Hi Matty,

On question 1: My understanding is that you can only have 1 active at any time on your Fitbit Ionic which means, you need the app on the phone to switch cards.  The cards may be deactivated as well if your apps is not active for a period of time, I think about one month but I maybe wrong.  Think the app asked me to resync with my Ionic to keep the card active when I didn't use Fitbit pay for quite some time.

No for the question 2 as well, your device only sync with 1 app to my knowledge but you can have multiple devices sync to 1 app.

Best Answer
0 Votes