Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ionic screen falls off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The entire face fell off my ionic and all of its guts came out! They replaced it in December and today the face fell off the replacement too. Anyone else having this problem? I am not rough on the watch and I have never dropped it.

Best Answer
270 REPLIES 270
I know, right?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I’m in UK - apparently I had a two year warranty. The screen failed at about month 12. I have to say, I like the Ionic so much that I was prepared to buy another one if Fitbit did not replace my faulty unit. It’s a **ahem** fine watch. Could be put together better - but it is **ahem** fine.

Best Answer

It is irrelevant when this occurred, if fitbit used a faulty adhesive, they used a faulty adhesive and should issue a recall. My screen fell completely off after 12 months, but I noticed something was slightly off with the screen before then. I used my watch incredibly gently, and rarely even showered with it, and my gentle use was rewarded by the glue crapping out right at the deadline of the warranty. Almost as if this was intentional.... Planned obsolescence for days

Best Answer
I agree with you. They won’t admit to the faulty adhesive.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Exactly. Just passing on the problem. 

Hope it is still under warranty, or you purchased an in store warranty because if not, let the games begin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit doesn't replace the ionic after one year but Amazon will. My first ionics screen fell off while I was standing with my arms to my side at the 6 month mark. They sent me another and its screen failed about 7 months later.  Needless to say I moved on from the ionic.

Best Answer

How does that work that Amazon will replace after one year? Did you purchase your fitbit from amazon?

Best Answer

Hi guys thanks for reaching out the Forums! I'll be more than glad to keep assisting you with your inquiries. Smiley Happy

@Jason01 Thanks for the clarification. I hope they can help you with this.

@KSA1011 Sorry you feel that way, all Fitbit users are important for us. Each scenario is different, but I think that you can use the option available according to your warranty information, as it was mentioned by our support team.  Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

@Feelbitfit Thanks for sharing your feedback, our team take every case and check possible options to help our users. They have procedures and specific warranty rules to confirm, you can read more about it here. Thanks again for showing your support to other users.

@nhahn15 We really appreciate your time! Sorry for any inconvenience, usually our team checks possible options using the Fitbit warranty. Please if you have more questions about the information you got about your warranty, feel free to get back to them so they can reply your inquiries. As mentioned above we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

@vicpoole Nice to see your review! I'm glad to see that you're back on track. We'll be around in case that you need anything else. Thanks for your feedback!

@SunsetRunner Thanks for sharing your comments, we're here to help out with any inquiry about your Fitbit device. 

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has any attempt been made to see how many users this defect ended up affecting? Also, have any changes been made to the product to prevent further issues? I am a bit disturbed how this common issue is being swept under the rug by super long moderator messages providing no new information. Thank you for the help!

Best Answer

I'm a customer with Amazon and bought my ionic through Amazon.  What I did was called them and got with customer support and I honestly told them that there were major issues with the IONIC.  I went on to explain to them that I had a screen fall off on my first one and my second watch the screen went bad not long after the warranty expired.   I also told them that most people I knew that owned IONICS had them fail before the warranty and I thought there was a major problem with the watch.

I also led them to the forum to look at all the complaints just so they could see there was a story to back up what I was telling them.  After sitting on the phone for a while the representative informed me that they agreed with me and the watch should of held up better and because I was a good customer they sent me a pre paid shipping label via email and I shipped the watch back for a full refund.   Mind you this was 14 months into ownership of the watch. 

They also eluded to knowing there were some issues with the IONIC but I won' t go into detail because I don't want to break some of the guidelines this forum has about saying too much..  They don't want negativity and I get that so hopefully my explanation of how I handled my situation with Amazon is looked upon as constructive.

At the end of the day I think Amazon took care of me because I'm a valued long standing customer with history with them I'm not sure they would of done what they did for just anyone.  I firmly believe that fitbit would do the right thing as well if the watch wasn't so likely to fail.  I honestly believe they can't afford to send out replacements and the rate they fail at this point so they're hands are tied.  I think it's totally 100% a business decision. Of course this is only my opinion but we all know that most companies will make exceptions and cover products right outside the warranty and the fact that Fitbit has been so steadfast in their non flexible warranty terms speaks very loudly in terms of how they're handling this.  I've never in my life seen a product with so many different issues affecting it without a proper and just resolution for it's customers.

Best Answer

Yes, the issues with the Ionic screen are endless. Now, to add insult to injury, my tracker has completely died and won’t even charge anymore. After years of being a loyal Fitbit user and purchasing multiple units, it’s time to move on to another device. I will just take my business to Apple.

Best Answer

This just happened to my Ionic.  Needless to say I was a little mad and even more so since seeing all the posts.  I just sent it back today and I hope the next one doesn't have the same issue or I will be leaving Fitbit.  I had an HR which had to be replaced twice and decided on the Ionic because I really liked the features.  Wish me luck!!

Best Answer
Good luck!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hopefully you have better luck with the Ionic, but from what I have come across when my Fitbit journey started, this happens with ALL of their devices. The adhesive just does not hold. DOES NOT HOLD. I suggest you keep a eye on your Ionic and immediately document any change related to the seal starting to rise up. The best thing about Fitbit is being able to communicate with them from your cell phone, but the worse thing - the adhesive on their products seems to give out within a year, and if they replace your watch it will be with a refurbished product.  Good Luck!

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me after doing dishes at work for the second time! They sent me a replacement but when I say it happened again they are saying my broken one is still active and that’s not possible. I think they are just sick of giving me a product I paid 300

dollars for! It’s outrageous when you spend that much on a watch and it falls apart. Thanks Fitbit 

Moderator edit: Word choice

Best Answer

The face fell off my Fitbit yesterday! I think I’ve had it a year. I take really good care of it and don’t do anything that would be excessive wear. Has anyone had success gluing back on?? Every Fitbit I’ve owned breaks or stops working at a year old or less! Switching to an Apple Watch! Goodbye Fitbit! I’m done!

Best Answer

I just had the same thing happen to me! Second ionic that this has happened too! I love my Fitbit but I'm thinking of looking into something else!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually I have the versa and the screen fell off! Sounds like all their Fitbit’s have an issue! I had 2 charge HRs and both of those broke as well and I’m not into any rough sports. They are processing my complaint right now as this happened 11 months after purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My second Versa screen fell off this week. Both in the past 12 months. Thankfully 1 year warranty is good through the end of the month.

Best Answer
Oh no! This now happening to the Versa too!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer