Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit pay in Canada

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When will Fitbit Pay get rolled out in Canada? And if so, what banks are involved?  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

From the Ionic press announcement:

"Over the coming months you will be able to add eligible U.S. American Express cards, as well as Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards from top issuing banks in over 10 markets across the globe, including ANZ, Banco Santander, Bank of America, Capital One, HSBC, KBC Bank Ireland, OCBC Bank, Royal Bank of Canada, UOBand US Bank with more countries and banks planned soon."

Nothing announced beyond that. Fitbit needs to strike business deal with each bank. Once the deal is in place, Fitbit will announce new additions.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

From the Ionic press announcement:

"Over the coming months you will be able to add eligible U.S. American Express cards, as well as Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards from top issuing banks in over 10 markets across the globe, including ANZ, Banco Santander, Bank of America, Capital One, HSBC, KBC Bank Ireland, OCBC Bank, Royal Bank of Canada, UOBand US Bank with more countries and banks planned soon."

Nothing announced beyond that. Fitbit needs to strike business deal with each bank. Once the deal is in place, Fitbit will announce new additions.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah i did it and it work but, i did ad my card on the app and i don't see it on my fitbit and of course it is syncronise! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I also had to add it through the app gallery in the app. It didn't install it automatically.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the app and all but my card is adding it self on the app but not transfer to my fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

I'm really hoping there are some Canadian Ionic users in this forum. I have heard there are problems with app usage on the Ionic ... basically they don't work or are not offered in Canada. Apparently, Pandora music is not available in Canada, NFC not supported in Canada and no Calendar notifications, to list a few.

I am still using an old fitbit and would really like to upgrade to the Ionic ... Not sure if it is worth it though if there is so many unsupported platforms on this watch.

With the new update that was launched today, I am wondering if some of these issues have been fixed.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone that might be able to answer!! TIA

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer

Yes, the Pandora App is only supported in the U.S. as Pandora itself is only supported in the U.S.

Note though that the Press Release from Fitbit that was released today states that " Fitbit is partnering with Deezer to bring its dynamic, personal streaming music service to Ionic users across the globe in 2018. "

By "NFC not supported in Canada", I assume you are referring to Fitbit Pay not being available in Canada. Under https://www.fitbit.com/fitbit-pay/banks it says:

2017-12-05_19-52-31.png

Or maybe contact this guy

Not receiving notifications isn't a problem unique to Canadian users.  .

Fitbit won't give us a list of the bugs that were fixed in today's update, so it will take some time for users to try the update and find out for themselves.

I'd stay clear of the Ionic for a year or so and revisit at that time to see if they made any  progress addressing the problems that users have reported

Best Answer

Thank you so much for the feed back. much appreciated!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. I moved a few posts here to help keep the community tidy. 

Just wanted to provide you all with a quick update! We have officially added RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) to the list of banks compatible with Fitbit Pay. 

If you have an RBC card, it can now be added to your Fitbit Pay Wallet!

If you use a different bank in Canada and would like to see it added, I would highly recommend checking out our feature suggestion board and adding your preferred bank to the list. This is the best way for our team to gauge interest for new banks to be added. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow RBC is added just now?

Funny because RBC was advertised as being on board as a day 1 and the only Canadian bank. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just added my RBC rewards+ card today as it was't an option until.this morning g. So have't try to use it to pay yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

MBNA Canada is the largest issuer of MasterCard in Canada. MBNA has 1.8 million active MasterCard accounts in Canada. Please add MBNA MasterCard to Fitbit Pay which will gain the popularity for Canadian to use Fitbit Pay much much faster.

Best Answer

I just tried adding my RBC Visa and got a message saying it was not supported.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess really only selected card. Most of the mobile payment only support personal card and it wasnt easy for me to add RBC visa on fitbit either , I have to call in to verify the account .

For more details you can go RBC site, https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/ways-to-bank/rbc-wallet-app/fitbit-pay.html?&utm_source=rbc_et&utm_medi...

Best Answer

Hey Alex, how did you get the card added.  I have an RBC Preferred VISA Card and it came up with a message saying the card was not supported.  I phoned the customer service and they said it had not been rolled out to them yet.

Does anyone else have any similar experiences ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lyndon001 wrote:

Hey Alex, how did you get the card added.  I have an RBC Preferred VISA Card and it came up with a message saying the card was not supported.  I phoned the customer service and they said it had not been rolled out to them yet.

Does anyone else have any similar experiences ?

I am not sure what is going on. As far as I know I added myu card successully . Then just need to call to activate the virtual card on the watch by calling RBC . Then that is . Even though I have to get transferrd twice to get it done.

Maybe RBC realize something inconvenient to do that trying to come up a better system to verification/activation process , so they decided to suspend the adding new card to fitbit pay until then.20171222_225627.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply Alex.  Just finished an online chat with Fitbit customer care, they have escalated it and will get back to me.  I am wondering if not all RBC VISA credit cards are supported, we have very similar cards but not the same so that could be the issue.
I will keep updating on here for info for others, or maybe someone else comes up with a solution.

UPDATE:  RBC have told me that all Canadian funds credit cards are supported.  However, they have a number of issues where users are getting the same message as me.  The problem has been sent up the food chain so I am just waiting for a call back.

Best Answer

I'll be following this thread closely - I added my RBC Visa last week, then I called RBC to activate it and I tried using my watch to pay for something on the weekend but the transaction was declined. Haven't bothered to try again since then....

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE:  just got off the phone with RBC.  Apparently they have a Fitbit Project Team working on it which is great, unfortunately there is no progress... not so great.

I am on chat right now with Fitbit help.  Just closed the app and reopened it, closed it, reinstalled it.

Call ended... Still no change but promised escalation and a speedy reply (sounds familiar).

That Apple Watch is looking more inviting as the days go on...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay thats weird.  I have posted an update on this week's efforts to get the card added and my post has disappeared.  Oh well here is a recap.....
At 0900 I made my first call of the day to RBC.  Long story short I made 5 calls.  2 calls were cut off and 2 calls got me no where.  One of the help desk associates forwarded me to Fitbit who told me that their highest escalation level were looking at it, but no progress.

Last call to RBC and I was told that Fitbit Wallet is actually driven by Apple Pay.  They put me through to Apple Pay who looked into my account and he couldn't find what the problem was.  He has escalated it to level 2 and has promised me a call back.
Tune in next Monday for the next thrilling episode of "Add My Card To Fitbit/Apple".

Best Answer