Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit pay in Canada

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When will Fitbit Pay get rolled out in Canada? And if so, what banks are involved?  

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Thanks for your persistence. I called RBC this morning and it was easy to get verification for my VISA card. Seems that they've solved the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay... I am a little more confident today.  I am told that the agent dealing with this issue is the most knowledgeable on the RBC/Fitbit/Apple issue and he is at this very moment communicating with the Fitbit team.  They will call me as soon as the issue is resolved.  The great news now is that we have confirmed that there is a problem with one of the companies and it is not user error (I was starting to wonder if I was doing something wrong)
At last I can see some progress...

Best Answer
0 Votes

IOS updated today so I thought i would give the credit card another try. Needless to say, the issue has not yet been resolved and I have had none of the promised calls from either RBC or Fitbit all week.  Im not going to bother calling them today as it is Sunday, I am working Mon, Tues so I will call them again Wednesday.
It is very disappointing that it is taking so long to fix.  On Wednesday I am going to suggest to RBC that they set me up with another credit card but we will see what happens over the next few days.

In the meantime I have set my credit card up with Apple Pay and everything seems okay with them.  The only thing I haven't tried to do is make a purchase with it so I might head into town and test it out.

UPDATE:  Had an idea that it was my phone that was the issue as it is a company phone with all sorts of firewalls and securities installed.  Logged in to my account on the wifes phone and retried to register the card.  It didnt work but at least we ruled out another possibility.  😞

Incidentally, this is the message I am getting at the verification stage.  I know it says the card is not supported but both RBC and Fitbit agree that it is definitely supported.

IMG_1476.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wednesday morning, I'm a little late starting my usual round of phone calls.  At the moment speaking to a technician who says its not RBCs fault and tried to put me through to Apple again.  I stopped him and told him that some one in RBC is already dealing with it.  Scary thing is he hasn't asked for my card details yet.  He is a little confused and I am on hold at the moment....  more breaking news as it comes in...

OMG... is this for real. I have just been told my phone is too complicated and I need a new phone... and this service between Fitbit and RBC has been available for at least a year and a half.  I have requested to speak to another technician and am back on hold.

UPDATE:  Well another technician picked up the line who told me that he had determined that it was not the fault of RBC, I need an iPhone 6  (i have an 18 month old iPhone 5 running the latest update).

At this point I told him I was calling "B**l S**t" as I said he was just told what to tell me from the last guy.  Lo and behold, when I asked him what my original issue was, he could not answer... he was actually stuttering  LOL.

Anyway I gave him a break and explained the whole situation... unfortunately he cannot find any notes on my account.  I am back on hold waiting for another department.  37 minutes into the call.

1 hour and 10 minutes into the call and I have been told that there is no progress.  I asked about the information Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb gave me about the phone and was told that the information was incorrect.  I was also told that they do not give regular feedback any more as customers were getting angry when issues were taking too long to fix.

Well there was another hour of my life wasted that I can't get back. Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

Chatting to Fitbit now and we are going through the switch off / switch on routine again.
Okay my issue has been referred to a specialized team agent (again), but no further forward.
Holy crap, what a circus.  Might just cut my losses, sell the **ahem** watch on ebay and put the cash towards an apple phone or a Garmin Vivosmart.
I will give it till Jan 9th (excactly one month) then I am giving up on this Gong Show.

By the way, the word "ahem" was not the one I used  😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thx for the updates....they are comedic, yet also remarkably sad/infuriating 😄😄. Kinda been hoping your issue would be resolved so that it would mean mine would be resolved too!

Best Answer

Hi RatedE, I forgot to mention in my last post that VISA has also been bought into the blame game so now we are looking at an RBC/Apple/Fitbit/VISA issue.  I'm also now wondering who else is going to be implicated as each organisation runs out of ideas and excuses.

I also made the suggestion (just to be helpful) that they should open another credit card for me, test it with fitbit, and if it works they could transfer my account onto it and just close the old one.  I was told that was out of the question in case it didn't work.  Apparently they have a way of doing things at RBC.  He actually made a point of shooting my idea down in flames as my way was the wrong way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received a new Visa card so I'll try uninstalling the old one, install the new one and verify it....and then try paying for something with the Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have now streamlined my phone calls to RBC.  I have a department name and a ticket number.  Today my call was less than 11 minutes from initial hope to eventual disappointment.  I didn't have to explain and re-explain the issue and I didn't have some idiot telling me it was the fault of an anomaly in the Gulf Stream or an El Nino storm front or something else ridiculous.

I was put through to 3 different people quite quickly and eventually got to the elusive Senior Digital Adviser who was able to tell me that they found the answer 30 minutes ago and are working on the fix.  Apparently there is some issue at VISA with the coding of either my card or my account.  I will be contacted when the work is complete.....  and I might just go and buy a coffee and a donut (with my wrist) to celebrate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

24 hours after they found the issue there is still no change....  However, always end on a positive.....

I now know my card details by heart  Smiley LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today was to be the day that the Ionic went on eBay.  Exactly 1 month after contacting Fitbit and RBC to try and rectify this Fitbit Pay issue.

Well, I gave it one last try before creating the eBay advert, just to see if it was working.

And guess what, I get a fresh screen asking me if i would like to register and verify my credit card.  If there were a place to add notes then my answer would have been  "**ahem** right I would".  The card is now registered, verified and appears to be working as intended.  I need to head into town shortly so my local gas station is going to be the "taste test".  I am hoping that this will be the last but one post on this long drawn out issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works! It works! it works!  woo hoo.

Tested it out today and bought a pair of metal nipples  (it is a metal work project, honestly).

giphy.gif

Best Answer

Hi I have the versa and my bank is rbc but cant seem to get it to work I tried my debit card no luck then tried the Visa debit card and still nothing and fitbit says it should but still don't do I have no idea what to try next

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here been trying for a while and still same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

haha this thread is too funny and sad at the same time. I'm not in Canada but I had lots of issues originally trying to register a card several months ago with various BS excuses that it was because my pixel phone wasn't compatible. I gave up and came back today my Chase card registered without a hiccup. At least it shows some forward progress 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My advise would be to jump thru the same hoops that I did and just be patient.  They got there in the end.  Our problem was with VISA but when they eventually worked it out the watch works faultlessly.  Start by calling customer care and you should eventually get put through to the internet techs.

Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge 3 allowed both visa and MasterCard from RBC. The new version 4only allows Visa!!’ Why is Fitbit reducing allowable cards in canada????

Best Answer
0 Votes

What about Rbc MasterCard??? It used to work- newer version won’t add!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been 3 years, when will they be adding more Canadian banks.

I tried going to the link for suggested features but the link doesn't work anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pretty much not too much hope on fitbit pay to add more bank as for now the major bank is capital one and RBC plus some other regional banks. Personally I use CIBC cards most with a Roger's Mastercard.  And I have yet moving to Samsung gear S3 , which most of my cards (including RBC) would supported on Samsung pay , couldn't be happier. Maybe with Google purchasing fitbit, they can just port Google pay to fitbit watches in the future.

Best Answer
0 Votes