Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Device Not Found" on the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, the long and short of the issue is that my Fitbit Ionic spent a fair bit of time dead (Band broke and a replacement one to ship took almost a month, fantastic job). Once I got the battery powered back up and everything set, I noticed one major problem - "Device not found." This error is constant. Here's what has been tried (To expedite through the fact that the same answer constantly comes up in response to this issue and it's not worked yet):

- I have reset the phone, the app, and the device

- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app

- I have shut down the watch after changing all settings via a YouTube tutorial demonstrating how to work around this issue with Android phones (I use an LG G6)

- I unpaired the device and attempted to set it up through the app again (Bonus points, it cannot find the device effectively meaning that it's irredeemable through the app on Android)

- In sum, I've tried everything that's constantly reposted on this forum as a "fix."

Now, I HAVE been able to get the device back in pairing through having it connected and running it through the FitBit app on my desktop (Windows 10). HOWEVER, having done all that, whenever I try to sync it with the app, you guessed it, "Device not found."

I have the watch laying on top of the phone while trying to sync and it cannot find it. Either the phone's blind or FitBit has become my worst tech purchase since the Soulja Boy console. Does anyone have a solution for this Ionic issue or should it just get clubbed with a hammer and wash my hands of the whole mess?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68
This is my second one after I returned the first one after 18 months, but I
never had this problem before.

I think I will be returning this one shortly as well.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Philoakes @SunsetRunner Thanks for getting back.

I appreciate your feedback and understand your frustration. I'd like to know which phone model you have and the OS installed on it. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is an iPhone 11, V13.5.1
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m getting this message all of a sudden now too.  I had a Charge 3 and it was working fine and syncing till a few days ago. I also did all the steps. I ended up buying the Versa 2 yesterday because I thought my Charge 3 was the issue. Nope. Having the same problem with the new one as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Silvia, my Ionic has never synced properly. Bought in April 2019, it was 'iffy' out of the box and it's steadily gotten worse. Steps and some other items occasionally sync, but the only time it synches by itself is during the night when I'm sleeping. I can't 'make' it sync during the day. I had this problem with my original Samsung S7 Edge, a Samsung Tab A, Windows 10, and my current Samsung S10. It's the tracker, not the phone it's paired to. It's a lemon - is there anything Fitbit can do for me?

I love my Ionic, but I hate it because it never works. If it's turned off, or if I change time zones, it's sometimes a day before it syncs and the time is correct. It is probably the last Fitbit product I'll own (loved my Surge before it) unless my confidence in the company is restored.

Best Regards,

Scott

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine Fitbit watch and app now has the same problem, and like you, I have done most f the steps you outlined.  
before this, there were occasions that my syncing was not and reinitialise it.

so now may retire it.

i already had the watch replaced shortly after I first had it.

thinking of getting an android cheaper watch.

fed up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dumb question: what is factory re-setting? What is re-setting period? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have a flex and it last synced 3 days ago after an app update.  i have done all the above without success

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought it was just me with my charge 3 

Best Answer
0 Votes