Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Device Not Found" on the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, the long and short of the issue is that my Fitbit Ionic spent a fair bit of time dead (Band broke and a replacement one to ship took almost a month, fantastic job). Once I got the battery powered back up and everything set, I noticed one major problem - "Device not found." This error is constant. Here's what has been tried (To expedite through the fact that the same answer constantly comes up in response to this issue and it's not worked yet):

- I have reset the phone, the app, and the device

- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app

- I have shut down the watch after changing all settings via a YouTube tutorial demonstrating how to work around this issue with Android phones (I use an LG G6)

- I unpaired the device and attempted to set it up through the app again (Bonus points, it cannot find the device effectively meaning that it's irredeemable through the app on Android)

- In sum, I've tried everything that's constantly reposted on this forum as a "fix."

Now, I HAVE been able to get the device back in pairing through having it connected and running it through the FitBit app on my desktop (Windows 10). HOWEVER, having done all that, whenever I try to sync it with the app, you guessed it, "Device not found."

I have the watch laying on top of the phone while trying to sync and it cannot find it. Either the phone's blind or FitBit has become my worst tech purchase since the Soulja Boy console. Does anyone have a solution for this Ionic issue or should it just get clubbed with a hammer and wash my hands of the whole mess?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68
Yes losing time on my Charge was howI noticed it had stopped syncing. I'm
not happy as this Charge is a Fitbit replacement from just before Xmas for
the one that had a corrupted display. So two major faults in less than a
year.
Think it's time for a change away from Fitbit. Too many problems
Best Answer

This is ubelievably crazy, after (again) wiping my Ionic, and mobile app, and cache, and every other trick, I can't even use this "smart-watch" not even lika a stupid watch. WIth installing latest firmware, the clock is off 9 minutes in just three hours!

Come on fitbit guys, I really lowered my expectations.... Its useless

Best Answer
I'm still getting nowhere following the endless restart turn on turn off
reinstall app etc etc and still can't get my Charge 3 to pair after being
advised to in pair it.
Not happy.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having rhe same issue with my Versa2. I've had it since Christmas and haven't had an issue until last night.  I've tried everything including, uninstalling the app and reinstalling. I am out of ideas. I use this app to pair with my wellness app for work too so now I'm missing out on that as well. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
This seems fairly common. Customer services were very helpful but were
unable to resolve my problem and are sending me a replacement under
warranty. If your device is less than 2yrs old and you live in the EU its
worth going down that route
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.  I will look into it. However,  I feel like its the app and not the device. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I have the same “device not found” as of this morning. None of these troubleshooting measures work. Is it possible the Bluetooth on the device itself is dead?

Best Answer
Yes I think that's exactly what the problem is because new Fitbit arrived
this afternoon and synced right away.
Best Answer
0 Votes
When I got the fitbit less than a month ago, it synced right away as well with no issues. It just stopped last night. I can try getting a new one but Im hesitant thats the problem.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
If you contact customer support they will go through all options and work
it out with you. Have to say their support can't be faulted as long as you
try everything they ask and report what happens back to them
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank youSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been dealing with this issue for a while with my Ionic and OnePlus 5T phone. I do not have the solution, but I have come up with a few workarounds that work most of the time. 

Quickest:

turn off bluetooth

try to refresh in the app (won't work without bluetooth)

then turn bluetooth back on

try to refresh in the app (works sometimes)

Slower:

go to Fitbit app info

Clear Storage

force close app

open app

login

sync (works most of the time)

A real fix via update would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully these shortcuts work and eliminate the need for a full uninstall/install or even worse a factory reset of phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keep getting device not found quite a lot so just leaving it. Lo and behold when I check later it has synced on its own. How can it sync if it can't find the device (Fitbit Versa)? Odd occasion it will sync normally.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once I managed to sync the Versa finally, I left the bluetooth on and this now seems to be syncing automatically without any problems. Only thing is how safe is it doing this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Chupy333.

i have had my replacement ionic for two months now, and Over the last two weeks, it suddenly loses connection with Bluetooth once or twice a day. Hence No Device Found warnings.
I would like to follow your solution but how do you do a soft reset of the Ionic and also the iPhone 11?

Thanks 

Chris 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Chris
This is what I had to do to restart my Versa (taken from the manual). Eventually it worked after I had done this and also rebooted my phone. Once it had found my phone and synchronised with it I left the Bluetooth on all the time. This seems to have solved the problem as it now seems to keep in sync. Dare not switch the bluetooth off though now.
Hope this helps.

Restart Versa

To restart your watch, press and hold the back and bottom buttons for a few seconds until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen.

Restarting your watch reboots the device but does not delete any data.

Best Answer
Thanks but this made no difference. The only way I can get the Fitbit to sync with the app is to turn the iPhone off and on again.

I have always left my Bluetooth on when I was connected, but now it cannot even stay connected to Bluetooth. When I try to reconnect, it cannot find my device.

Cheers
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

I appreciate the details mentioned. I would like you to try the following: 

- Go into your phones bluetooth menu 

- Tap on the icon next to their Fitbit device 

- Press forget this device 

Once you've done this, you can re-open the Fitbit app and re bond using the all day sync toggle. 

Additionally, we’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
--
Hi Silvia,

Unfortunately, this made no difference. Bluetooth keeps losing the
connection, and it can no longer find the device at all.

Regards,
Chris.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same problem, device not found. But this only happened after my phone updated. Have tried all the fixes suggested and still not working. Not a good advertisement for Fitbit. I won’t be getting another one

Best Answer
0 Votes