Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard time charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why am I having such a hard time charging my ionic? Shouldn't it just plug in and charge? Is anyone else having this issue? 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

It’s magnetic....shouldn’t  be having issues....

Best Answer
I know it's magnetic but it's still impossible to get it to charge
Best Answer

It would be better if it had some charging indicator that stayed visible while charging.  I, too, find it hard to be sure the cable is still making contact once the screen goes dark.

Best Answer

@Lyssmacch wrote:

Why am I having such a hard time charging my ionic? Shouldn't it just plug in and charge? Is anyone else having this issue? 

It should just plug in and charge, yes. What’s yours doing?

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
I would look up how to factory reset?

I had a surge up until yesterday, so I’m not familiar with the ionic’s yet on how to reset them...

I got one as well...I like it as well

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Reverse the direction you are plugged in. While you can magnetically connect in either direction I believe only one way will charge and that is Fitbit logo on charger facing top of watch.

Also it appears only one direction will cause Ionic to virbrate when connect indicating charge 

Best Answer
It does stay present during the charge....

I had no issues yesterday...

YouTube it 😔

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Sorry you've had so many problems, @thernandezh.  I have not had any problem with mine charging - I get the magnetic end of the charging cable near the  back of the tracker and turn loose of it, and it attaches and aligns itself to the charging port. The tracker display shows the battery level while it is charging.  I have only had the Ionic for a week, but it has not shut off one time during that week, so no sure why yours would be randomly shutting off. It has tracked all of my activity for the week I have had it, including those that I recorded with the Exercise App.  I am very happy with the Ionic!

Best Answer

Doesn't matter which way the charger is connected. 

P.S. The Fitbit logo is on both sides of the charger.

Best Answer

Oh crap just looked and you are correct on the logo I missed that. Either way, I get one direction that will vibe when connected and the other will not. 

Best Answer

@Lyssmacch

Hi I am going to simulate the fitbit support here.

Your first response will be - Is it plugged in?

Your second response after you then give them a fully 3 page mail detailing the issue will be -

Is it plugged in and the switch on the socket turned on?

If it isnt working get onto customer services immediately and ask for a replacement or even a refund. Sounds like the same quality issues they had on the Surge are recurring here.

Best Answer

@Lyssmacch As it's been several days since you posted, can you confirm if you were able to successfully charge your Ionic?

If not, I recommend restarting the Ionic and confirming that you're following the charging instructions here. Hope this helps.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have had problems with charging my Ionic.

Sometimes (rarely) it works fine but usually, I connect the charger (I have tried it both ways and orientation of charger does not appear to be an issue) to the device and the screen fills with the charging "bar" and the percent amount the battery currently holds is displayed.  However, this does not actually indicate if your battery is in fact charging.  I have left my ionic connected all night and woke up and it was still showing the same percentage charged.  When the charger is connected, if you go to the screen with the small battery icon and percent in the upper left-hand corner, you can tell if your phone is actually charging as the battery will blink and may be colored blue.  This only rarely happens.

I have tried charging with 4 different plug in chargers, USB ports on 3 different computers and they all have worked at least once, but none work consistently.  I have reset the phone multiple times and even done a Factory Reset - to no avail.  Most recently, the battery got down to about 5%, I was going to contact Fitbit and return it as I hadn't been able to get it to recharge for 4 or 5 days.  Then one day - it just started to charge.  Got all the way up to about 85% and then stopped.  I'm now running the battery down again and if I can't find a reliable way to charge the device, I'm sending it back (and cancelling my pre-order for the Aria 2).

So, does anybody have any ideas how to get this device to charge?  I like the device, I like the fitbit app and I would like to keep it, but ONLY if I can get it to charge.

Thanks

sandy

Best Answer

I charge my Ionic using the Iphone wall charger, it works perfectly as it did work for two years with the Surge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my third fitbit device and the first one that i've ever had any problems with.

I really can't tell where the problem is (hardware, firmware or software), but I would really like to get it working.  

Best Answer

I got my ionic last week have charged it once fine but tried charging it today and the magnets won’t line up to charge it goes opposite direction. Any suggestions? Never had a problem with any fit bit till now 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.trouble charging.....

Very frustrating

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing . About to send it back 

Best Answer

Mine has done the same thing.  It seems the magnet has been reversed.  Did you ever get it figured out?

Best Answer
0 Votes