Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard time charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why am I having such a hard time charging my ionic? Shouldn't it just plug in and charge? Is anyone else having this issue? 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79
I’m quite disappointed with the Fitbit. Won’t buy another one. Went back to my garment vivoactive hr

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow! Very interesting. It’s a shame too bc I really loved my ionic. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
In my particular case its been a litany of things
Failure to connect to gps consistently
When it does connect the resulting map view looks like I was stumbling around drunk
The loading of music is clumsy. Should go over the wire not wirelessly
If you reinstall the app you have to customize all over again
I've reloaded, reinstalled and reset the system at least 15 times
The charging receiver on the back of the watch gets clogged with stuff causing the charging process not to work
The garmin vivoactive hr s gps featture connect ps in 3 to 5 seconds.
The fitbit ionic takes 5 to 30 minutes to connect. Even laying the watch on top of my porch bannistet with a clear view to tge sky doesnt help the connection.

Sent from Samsung tablet
Best Answer

Well it's over 6 months now since Fitbit replaced my Ionic with a new one and thankfully I have no problems with the charging. Unfortunately though, the back button is not working properly...and it keeps going into Pay mode by itself...on and off....sometimes it will wake me up in the night!!!!! Other times I cannot open the exercise app and have to soft reset to do it....timewasting.....and  annoying.

I think the Ionic is a great tracker but wish these things would be sorted out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a fitbit something or other that broke under warranty. They offered a replacement or an ionic at half price. In retrospect I should have not taken the half of deall.

Sent from Samsung tablet
Best Answer
0 Votes
Lmao then how can you say you have no problems?? 😂🤣🤷‍:female_sign:🤷‍:female_sign:

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

No problems with charging babe...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JenRadTek well because he doesn't apart from waking him and going on random pages and buttons not working. 

Amazing what people will accept after paying £250. At that price you would have a forerunner. Ultimate tracker if you are a runner. 

😁🤪👍

Best Answer

Hello guys! It's a pleasure for me to continue providing assistance with the inconvenience experienced with your Ionic devices, my apologies for the delay in responding. Welcome to the Community Forums @Jethro29. It's nice to see you again participating @Fxdci @JenRadTek @tobingj and @Gunsout.

First, I'd like to appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation prior to posting, I totally understand how frustrating this situation can be for each of you and I'm sorry for that. I noticed that some of you already contacted our Customer Support team regarding this situation, therefore, my best advise will be to contact them back for more information about the outcome of each of your cases.

Please take in consideration that our Support team refers to our warranty policy when it comes to a warranty-related process. They move forward to determine the eligibility for a replacement device if all the applicable troubleshooting steps were exhausted with no avail. I recommend you to check the policies previously mentioned for a better understanding of their conclusion. 

The feedback that was submitted is appreciated, we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, such information is really helpful for us to evaluate our procedures. 

Don't hesitate to contact me back if you any of you have additional questions for me to answer, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If we spend $400 it should last longer than a year.
Best Answer
0 Votes
In my case it worked just enough to prevent me from going the warranty route.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If we are spending $400 it should last more than a year

Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem is that even when we are given another Fitbit under warranty, the same **ahem** happens. It’s unfortunately made very poorly and I can honestly say I will never buy another Fitbit. It’s not worth the money. Obviously it wasn’t made well when SO MANY people have the same **ahem** complaint.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
AFREAKINGMEN!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree 2 ionics and a charge 2 in 3 years. When this one dies my relationship with Fitbit Dies. Fitbit replaced my last Ionic under warranty without even trying to fix it because they were a where of the problems and don't care.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back guys @Hula67 @Fxdci @JenRadTek, thanks for your replies and updates.

Sorry for the inconveniences some of you experienced with the Fitbit products. I want to thank all of you for the time you took to share your thoughts with us. I can assure you that we take in consideration all the feedback our Community Forum users share with us because we're working everyday to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services. Don't hesitate to contact me back if I can do anything else for each of you. 

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For what it is worth...I have discovered it to be much easier to charge my ionic by removing the wrist band, that way the charging cable is not fighting with the bands. Fortunately they are very easily removed and replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Gunsout thanks for your post, my apologies for the delay in responding it.

I appreciate the suggestions that were shared with us in your post, I'm sure that the information that was posted will be really helpful for other users that are experiencing the same. Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need further assistance with your device, I'll be around.

I want to suggest you to visit our discussion forums and participate! There are several users who are interested in fitness, healthy eating, better sleep, among others. I'm sure that they will be happy to meet you there.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic was left on charge overnight; it hasnt.  ive cleaned the contacts on watch & cable. it wont turn on.  i've tried a different cable & socket.  It's only just been replaced. Please advise; really frustrated now

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well it would seem you ruled out cables, power supply and cleaned the connectors.

Make sure the socket has power.

Then the next thing to try if you haven’t is a hard reset
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/fitbit/fitbit-ionic/

Before I called Fitbit support I’d try plugging into a laptop to see if it recognizes it.

I dumped mine after about 18 months of just odd behavior.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes