Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable the PIN (Device Lock)?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my new Fitbit Ionic and I was playing around with it.  I enabled the PIN and now i'd like to disable it, but I cannot find a way to do that. I had gone through the wallet app, but did not enter a credit card.  I tried uninstalling the wallet app, but I still don't see a way to remove/disable the PIN.  I can reset the PIN, but not disable it.  How can I disable it so I don't have to enter it in if I don't want/need payments? 

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone and welcome to our new members.

Currently there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches. For more information, please visit our web page at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the Community organized and prevent any confusion.

Have a great rest of your day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
51 REPLIES 51

Not done from the tracker itself @Fozzy0007

Use your mobile,

To change the device lock setting:

1. On Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon (User-added image) > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Device Lock.
  3. Tap or click to change your device lock setting.

Let us know how it goes...

help with device lock

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

Your pin code is to unlock your device, not your payment pincode!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see an option for "Device Lock"... 

I tap the Account Icon

i tap the ionic icon

i don't see Device Lock... i do see "Pin enabled"... if i tap that it only gives me the option to reset the PIN, not turn it off.

i tried deactivating the wallet app, but i still haven't seen it allow me to turn off the PIN entirely

(I'm using the Android Fitbit App for the above)

Best Answer

after my last response, i checked to see if there were updates to the Fitbit app waiting, and there was... it is not disabled... thanks for the help!

Best Answer

You're the lucky one, every time I try to enable the Device Lock I get a message indicating the firmware is not up to date, odd as it took 1 hour to do the update in the first place.

Overall very disappointed after "3" factory resets, device lock and wifi don't work. This is on the verge of going back.

Best Answer

Me again.

After factory reset number 4 the fitbit app updated the Ionic, then another update, so 2 version updates and it now works. 

Fitbit are you acting like Microsoft in releasing before fully testing and letting your loyal customers tell you about bugs!!!

Best Answer

i got my ionic this morning. Set up device lock, updated the device and my fitbit app (on android), and still dont see a device lock option under account settings. Maybe post a screenshot... i dont know. 
So  far I can't sync music, pandora, or turn off the pin code.

Best Answer

53CAB50B-D298-42C2-A9C2-CD636D01E8A4.png

5E1BB6B9-5B01-44E6-B9B6-726F0EC55526.png

Best Answer

@Jorkal wrote:

53CAB50B-D298-42C2-A9C2-CD636D01E8A4.png

5E1BB6B9-5B01-44E6-B9B6-726F0EC55526.png

What phone are you using?

Best Answer
0 Votes

IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, this doesn't appear to work on my Android. There is no 'Device Lock' option. Do you know how I might go about it? TIA 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes, i just got the fitbit (Sydney, Australia) i use android and I can not disable the PIN, it is very frustrating!!!!!

Best Answer
I ended up doing a factory reset.
Best Answer
0 Votes

On android the pin appears to be you phone pin.

They should use the android pin activity for this,

Best Answer

This did not work on my android. However I went to account - ionic - then scrolled down to pin. Type in your backup password (mine was the same as fitbit.com) Once you are in I clicked on swipe and said no security and the password was removed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lied the pin is back.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is so infuriating. This on top of hours agonizing over music syncing that still doesn't work. I have so much hate and disgust for this device and the whole Fitbit company. We are all so stupid to spend so much money on this half-baked horror.

Best Answer

Ultimately, I had to find my old ipad pair with that then use the iOS app to remove the pin.

Might be easier to factory reset

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not work for me. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes