Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does a fitbit normally last you?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How long does a Fitbit normally last you? I've gone through 3 in the last 2 and a half years?

Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

My first Charge HR completely fell to bits after a few years although i didn't wear it much.

My first Ionic failed after about 6 months, just went dead.

The second Ionic (replaced under warranty) has now lasted over 1 year and still going strong.

The original strap broke after about 1 year and was replaced with the replacement still OK other than it comes unclipped regularly which is annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck. Let me know what happens

RF
Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife and I have had several. None of them have lasted longer than 1-1/2 to 2 years. Coincidentally the warranty ends at 1 year. Seems crazy to buy something for $200+ and it only lasts that long. So before you buy one, decide whether it's worth $9 to $16 per month to you...

My latest experience is with the Ionic which just died after using for a year and 9 months. It effectively cost me $10-$12/month. 

After going through four watches, I feel like I've given Fitbit a chance to prove themselves. I'm ready to try another product, so if anyone know of another brand that tends to last longer please let me know. I don't even care if it's more expensive, I just don't want to be buying a new watch every 1-2 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started with fitbit back in January 2012 with the Ultra and loved it, best customer service around back then. Upgraded to the One over two years later, not because ultra stopped but because I wanted something fancier. Then I got a Charge HR because I wanted a wrist wearable one maybe in 2015/2016. Then I upgraded to a Blaze in May 2017. Now I've had my Ionic since March 2019 and I have to say. It is likely my last fitbit. Nothing lasts like it used to. 

Best Answer

Nothing lasts like it used to. 

Some call it inbuilt obsolescence. Others call it poor engineering and design. 

Button (contacts),LCD screen and battery longevity will be an issue on many mas produced "cheap" products. Batteries will always have a finite lifespan. I ALWAYS prefer user replaceable rechargeable batteries.

There is no reason low power electronics shouldn't last for many decades though.

You decide.

🤔 

Best Answer
Apple Watch. Fitbit’s app is better. But the Apple Watch is far more versatile and it won’t die ....ever

RF
Best Answer

My alta is still running fine my son uses it I got that when they were first released so its got to be a good 4 yes old and my friend has my old alta hr that still works but my ionic is in the process of being replaced for the 2nd time from whenever they were released my current ionic would still work fine holds charge well 5-7 days  its still waterproof etc if fitbit hadnt released the latest update. Fingers crossed this new one lasts until xmas so i can put a samsung watch on my list.

Best Answer