Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calibrate Fitbit Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey Pals,

is there a way to re calibrate the Ionic?

I was in my car when it said to lay it on a flat surface, but i was not able to in the car...

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

Same issue here. While I love the Ionic, it undercounts the steps. My One is much more accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How or when about  if in fact fitbit will ever think about doing an xl wrist band.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think sfringers tip is a possible solution for all guys who have this calibrating problem every day. 

But listen Fitbit, it is for sure not much work to integrate an "calibration" option under settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ftibit does not seem to be counting my steps accurately. A friend and I walk together, same stride and she has more steps then I do.  I would like to calibrate it my fitbit Iconic, but I don't know how to make it calibrate.  I have had it tell me to calibrate before, but how do I  initialize it.   Thanks!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same Question than Sunset, if i Miss calibration how i trigger when im able. 

@Enrique.Silver
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having problems calibrating my Iconic. Have tried since Christmas and even rest it to factory settings and let it run for a hour to upgrade everything. Anyone know how to resolve this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I plug my ionic in but so t calibrate

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help me with this. I got mine yesterday. But it has never detected my hr. It always fails to do the calibration. It does not matter if is facing down side or in the air. It fails. Always

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey , I just permited calibration was resquesting again, and i left alone
on the table and happens perfectly, maybe if you reset can solve.

Good Luck
@Enrique.Silver
Best Answer
0 Votes

If I was away and not able to calibrate when watch asked me to do so, how can I initiate it to do it now that I'm able to plug it in. 

Thanks

Jeremiah

Best Answer
It will eventually prompt you to do so I'd imagine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with Sunsetrunner. 

while I get the pop up to calibrate or to “snooze” it for later. It would be great to calibrate it manually by either putting the option in the settings or leave it as a message. (Scroll down and reclaim the once snoozed action)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. 

There is a way to force calibrate your ionic. This is only if you really onte to calibrate your ionic. 

You either wait for an update to occur or reset your fitbit. 

Remember this is only if you know you really need to calibrate your ionic. 

Enjoy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way to recalibrate the Fitbit? I recalibrated mine a few weeks ago and it has been on average a tenth of a mile off on my runs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The GPS seems inaccurate is there a way to calibrate? 

Best Answer

Is there a way to calibrate my Ionic fitbit manually?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this and it vibrated but just keeps asking me to calibrate over and over again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Tinychef.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing. I would like to confirm if you've tried the following:

1. Restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Plug Ionic into the charger and leave it there for a few minutes on a flat surface and face on its side.
  3. Check if your watch is updated to the latest version: How do I update my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes