Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable Fitbit Pay-Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have not set up the Fitbit pay system and will never do so.   How do I stop it from asking me to put cards in my wallet.   I want to remove this capability.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @cdrhiller, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post.  Let me share with you that at this moment it's not possible to uninstall or disable the Fitbit Pay feature of your Ionic device because since your device has a NFC chip, this will be system app. However, we're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our users.

The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. We look forward to reading your suggestions. 

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer

I completely agree with this. I will never use this function and for the last two days the device has been driving me mad with the insistant messages that the wallet has not been set up.

I really feel there needs to be a option to disable it - not everyone want this kind of functionality.

Best Answer

This super irritating and even if I did want to add the card I do have (which I don’t) FitBit doesn’t support the card I do have... doesn’t seem difficult to add an option to remove this notification.

Best Answer

Agreed this is annoying and you need to be able to switch it off, at the very least stop it pestering to add a card when your trying to use the fitbit. Can you please raise this with the team and roll something out ASAP. 

Best Answer

This is a most unfortunate response.  We are asking for help from Fitbit.  Please provide updates when possible.

Best Answer

Please make it so we can disable this feature on your devices ASAP.  Its very annoying to have it tell me I need to add cards when all I want to see is the time or my stats.  We should be able to completely remove the wallet app along with fitbitpay.

Best Answer

I am sick to death of versa 3 continually telling me to set up a wallet. Like many others I will ever do that, for goodness sake Fitbit fix this there needs to be a function to turn this off.  My versa 3 was stuck telling me to do this and it was unusable until I removed it then set it back up in the app.  I was so frustrated with this I almost binned it, needless to say neither myself or my wife will ever buy a fitbit device again unless this issue is fixed.

Best Answer

Is this still an issue? My husband recently got a charge five, and through  out the past week it consistently tells him to add a credit card to his wallet. We use our Discover card and it is not supported.  

This is just silly…

Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread since it became off-topic, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes