Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 compatibility with Fitbit Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi wondering if anyone has got the new HUAWEI P20 phone yet to see if its compatible with the fitbit IONIC, as I'm tempted

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

1. Mobile -> Battery -> App Launch -> FitBit -> Disable "Manage Manually".

2. Fitbit -> Notifications -> App Notications -> Enable WhatApps, WeChat etc.

3. Fitbit -> General -> Enable Always Connected and Keep-Alive Widget

4. Restart your mobile.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thx, but the notifications do also work with this?

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
It works for my phone.

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thx

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

I recently bought a Huawei P20 lite only to find that it is not compatable with my Ionic. I tried everything suggested online and nothing worked. 

Last night i enabled bluetooth tethering on the off chance and it worked straight away. 

It's in Settings>Wireless & Networks>Tethering & Portable hotspots. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for this.  I will try tonight.
Michelle 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't buy fitbit ionic o ly compatible to older hand phones don't work on my honor view 10 n Huawei P20 pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Dave

The Huawei P20 lite is not compatible at all with the Ionic. We discovered this when we purchased the phone. The Blaze also struggles with automatic synching - very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will Huawei P20 lite ever be compatible with Ionic? It was syncing until last week 17 August then just stopped working.

Very disappointed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Removed my ionic from Fitbit

Uninstalled Fitbit 

Disconnected Bluetooth 

Reinstalled Fitbit 

Restarted phone 

Re-added ionic

It connected and synced! 

Hope this helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi knoedel321

How did you get around the syncing and notification issues most P20 users have been grappling with? Would appreciate it if you could share your experience with the P20 and Versa/Ionic here thanks! 

@knoedel321 wrote:

P20 and P20 pro work fine. Iuse the P20 pro with the Ionic  but briefly had the versa. Works fine too👍

I just like the Ionic better

Best Answer
0 Votes
All i do is unpair the fitbit from the phone, close the app fully then
restart the phone. When fully started up again open the app without pairing
the fitbit, the app should then pair and sync the fitbit. It's a pain in
the backside but it's the only way i can get my fitbit to sync with my P20
lite. I usually have to repeat this process every couple of days.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Sorry to hear about the syncing issues you've been experiencing with the Huawei P20. I'd recommend double checking the tips and recommendations I've shared in my post above.

Note that the devices on this list have been confirmed as fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. 

Our team routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. Be sure to verify that your phone meets the minimum operating system requirements

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just got the p20 and cannot get the ionic to pair with the phone it seems to be an android problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi it's so frustrating isn't It! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s getting on my nerves now tbh, it connects to apple no problem, it doesn’t seem to connect to any phone with the updated android software, I use my ionic to alert me to phone calls and messages etc, I suppose we will just have to wait until the problem gets fixed

Sent from Mail.Ru app for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Our team is always testing new phones, blah blah....

All the phones on the list, exept apple and samsung models, are dinosaures. 

That's convinient, if you have sync problems, just say that the phone is not compatible. I dare you to find a recent compatible phone on your list that isnt apple or samsung!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine's a P20 lite phone as well. I just got my Ionic adidas today. It got set-up without any trouble the first time, but ever since it won't connect at all. I factory reset it, now it doesn't get set-up anywhere. It doesn't connect to my PC either. Now I just have a brand new ionic that does nothing. Extremely disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is the P20 they is the problem I think as my Ionic works with Samsung and Apple. Very annoying.  I am using my old Samsung now and have to wait to upgrade my phone next year again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Huawei have probably done it to make us buy their own watch,it’s a shame because I really like the phone,I’ve gone back to my iPhone now and the watch and phone work lovely

Sent from Mail.Ru app for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes