Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inoic not able to keep Bluetooth Connection

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new Ionic is having trouble maintaining Bluetooth Connection with my iPhone to the point where the Dashboard is unable to update. It will connect for 1-2 seconds, then disconnect. Help!!

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hi,

The problem I have with mine is that I use it to keep up with messages and emails as I can't always get to my phone. I've missed many of these because the Bluetooth doesn't hold all day. I've found I have to disconnect my phone Bluetooth and reconnect at least 3x per day, after which the sync stays for a few hours then drops again. I need this to work right. I'm on a new Samsung so no connectivity issues elsewhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TeeJ85 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to report the situation you are experiencing with Ionic and notifications. Thanks for sharing the steps you have tried and all of those details regarding this.

Have you tried performing a restart on your Ionic? This should refresh its inner system and should certainly help you out with this.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I realize your post is two years old but I’ve had this problem off and for months. I then began having other problems.  Fitbit sent a new tracker but first it refused a recent update, after three days trying it finally at least updated but then I assumed all was well until just now going in to log a run I did without my tracker to find it wouldn’t sync and sure enough, refusing to connect to Bluetooth. 

With so many complaints about this why is nothing being fixed.  I even bought a totally different tracker last week when the replacement Ionic refused to update despite trying for days. 

And I’ve tried all of the fixes, not so fixed. 

thanks for raising this issue, hopefully they’ll fix it at some point? Please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anybody found a solution to this issue. It is very frustrating. I'm nearly ready to throw in the trash.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the 3rd time I have needed to get support and up to 3rd time for a replacement. I’m not very happy with this especially when you spend quite a bit on the ionic adidas version 

Best Answer