Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interval exercise data not showing in dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went for an interval run. Before setting off I set the Move and Rest to what I wanted, made sure the GPS had found me and set off. On syncing afterwards, when I look on the fitbit app on my tablet, if I press on Exercise I get the overview like usual with the map of where I went (which is all good) and when I click into the details for the interval workout it shows me usual stuff correctly (like heart rate over the course of the exercise and calories, with the usual graphs, also correctly like usual).

But I prefer the detail of the dashboard which I go to the website for. However for the interval workout I get the overview map in the Exercise panel on the main dashboard, but when I click on it I only then get text data (correct by the way) I just don't have any graphs to scrub through to view the details of my run, nor is the map showing at the top like it usually does. Is this a 'feature' of an interval workout?

I'd take a screenshot of my dashboard to demonstrate what it looks like if anyone can tell me how to insert an image into this post (if I click the camera icon I don't get an option to browse my computer to choose a file).

Sorry if my question isn't clear - it's a bit hard to describe.

Thanks,

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @helen101, hope you're doing great! During your workout, view the following interval stats on your screen:

• Countdown of the time left in your current round
  • Number of rounds that remain in your workout
  • Total time left in your workout

You can customize the stats you see on Ionic by clicking here.

You can view other real-time stats including your heart rate and estimated calories burned by tapping your device during the workout.

You can use built-in or "connected" GPS to capture additional workout stats including route, distance, and pace. 

You can see a summary of your workout including your total time, max heart rate, and estimated calories burned in your exercise history. View your workout summary on Ionic after ending the exercise.

Make sure to sync properly, you can also try the following steps:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (Android, iOS)
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm also experiencing the same issue as helen101. The data displays just fine in the Fitbit mobile app:SmartSelectImage_2017-12-23-15-51-00.png

But I was wondering why my interval workout wasn't showing up in Strava, and thinking that it was probably because Fitbit doesn't sync that exercise type, I'd do it manually by exporting the data from the dashboard. That's when I noticed the same problem:

dashboard-unresponsive.PNGThere's no map data being displayed and all UI buttons are unresponsive. Looking in my browsers dev tools, it's clear something's going wrong with your front end application (failing at calculating splits, at a first glance):dashboard-unresponsive-2.PNG

And when I try to retrieve my interval training's data by copying another exercise's request and changing the excercise ID I get the following response: "validation - logId - Could not convert activity log 1.1 to TCX"

It would probably be a good idea to log this as a new bug report Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Exactly the same issue here, no option to export interval run to tcx and no map. Shows on Fitbit app can't sync to Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear lord, 2 years later and no solutions, I bet everyone has this problem (no correct TCX data with the Ionic), and the only people who notice are Strava users. I am so frustrated that I bought this watch. What is the point if I need my phone to get data.

Fitbit dev's, please escalate this bug and give an estimated timeline. Or, send me a link to your code repo and let me fix it please. I am ready to throw this watch in the trash, buy a Garmin forerunner 245 music (it's in my shopping cart), and leave a bunch of bad reviews.

ALSO, please add PACE to interval workouts -- you have it automatically on the Charge 2, but it's not an option on the Ionic.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Interval-workout-and-tcx-export-issues/td-p/305...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Can-t-get-the-map-from-Interval-workout/td-p/2863097/page/3

Best Answer

Yip. . . still same issue for me as well!

Best Answer
0 Votes