Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Display Stuck in Logo Screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

_20180717_215410.JPG

Factory reset applied as per support request. Stuck in a loop as shown above the last hour. @fitbitsupport how far do I have to go to prove the problem is with the FITBIT ? 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89
Very common issue.
After 3 I gave up as they just wanted to give me reduced amount for a new
one.
Not being funny these cost a lot of money to keep failing.

I have an old digital watch from the 80's that still works.

I moved to Garmin now which i'm loving.
I really like my Ionic but not reliable and Garmin steps are more accurate
too.
Best Answer

Seriously - I Spent hours on the phone with tech support and their suggestions for a hard reset did not work - followed Rich's and BAM! it worked after 7 days of NOTHING! Fitbit lucked out because I am about to switch companies with their poor service. Phone froze after starting an update and because its more than 2 years old and they couldnt verify on their server that we had started the update - no love for us - here is your crappy cheapo discount, have a nice day! 

THIS WORKED! so happy! Took a couple tries and had to have the phone its connected to right there to run the reset and it took another 20 minutes and was done. Thanks so much for posting this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This suggestion of holding down the single button on the left and lower button on the right worked well.  I had to push the two buttons down together 3 or 4 times in a row and then it worked 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nnathaniel66

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have completed all the instructions you have indicated to do a factory reset but my fitbit stays stuck with the fitbit logo (solid) on the screen. My app indicates it has full battery power. When I do the factor reset, it never moves past the fitbit logo. Is there anything else I can do? Thank you

Best Answer

I had the same experience, the advise from the service staff was to buy a new watch. Which really pissed me off, cos my watch got hung due to software update.

Somehow,  after the power drain off, I recharged again and the reset works. You may wish to do the same. Afterwhich I didnt dare to perform any software update again. It was my first and last Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply. Yes, customer service didn't help me at all, just want me to purchase. I will try to drain down the battery and see if that helps (its so annoying because it just synced this morning but now is totally hung up).  I appreciate your help!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is the full solution:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8UDGaFl6Vk

In summary, what worked for me was to forget the Ionic device from the network, turn bluetooth off, turn bluetooth back on, and re-pair with the Ionic with a new connection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok so I hold the 3 buttons down until the logo goes away and I get a blank screen.  Then I hold the three buttons down and I get the logo screen again and no vibration.  Back to square one.  What gives?

Best Answer
0 Votes

factory reset mine today due to sync issues and now boot loop, really love the watch not loving the company

i finally got mine to recover, you just have to keep resetting the thing with the gold all three, release the bottom right after screen turns off and wait for vibrate release all buttons, and just keep repeating that till you get a red X and then setup the device

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is my second FITBIT. Don't know why I bothered as I had nothing but
problems with the first one. Will never buy from FITBIT again!
Best Answer

Thanks! Your method worked for me too.  The big question is why do I get more assistance from other users than the employees of FitBit?

Best Answer

I'm on my 3rd Ionic - all were junk. Defective - lasting only a few months. Now all I see is the logo, and I can't even do a factory reset, the logo disappears and reappears. Can't get it to a blank screen. Each one  I had was junk.

Best Answer
Same here. The logo stays on, nothing else, can't even do a factory reset.
Best Answer
I have moved on to Huawei GT2e, no regrets. Cheap and good. Dont think i will ever get a fitbit again
Best Answer

quick search brings you here. dont take my word for it google it or utube it. fitbit are selling lemons and I hope someone takes them to court, I'm four defective units in now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I woke up this morning and my fit bit ionic won't turn on it just blinking the fit bit logo 

Best Answer

This solution did not work for me.

I did try to keep the 3 buttons pressed for 20 secs/ 30 secs / 1 mins / more .

But it still shows me just the logo. I can even go to the factory reset screen.

The battery did drain yesterday night. But I have charged it for 30 mins now and should have some charge to start up.

Thanks

Anurag

Best Answer

LoL..I just beat my Fitbit Ionic to death with a 25lb weight.  So sick of it not working.  Second Fitbit I owned.  I will am finally free of this accursed technology.  Hello Apple  :).  Peace. Out.

Best Answer

superb work, I to.have given up .with the lengthy returns, try this try that .. my third fitbit is currently sat in my fruit bowl awaiting pending destruction

Best Answer
0 Votes