Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 31.1.16

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 12/05/2017

We've just rolled out new firmware for Ionic to 100% of users! This firmware update includes:

NEW APPS AND CLOCK FACES

This Fitbit OS update provides access to new apps and clock faces from Fitbit, Fitbit Labs, popular brands, and developers. The apps span a range of categories such as Flipboard, The New York Times, and Yelp. New apps and clock faces will be added frequently. Browse the available apps in the Fitbit App Gallery.

For more information, see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?

FITBIT LABS

We’re introducing Fitbit Labs, which develops experimental apps and clock faces for Ionic. Install an app or clock face to motivate you to stay active, help track and interpret your behavior, and provide intelligent feedback. Choose to adopt a virtual pet and use your steps to keep them fed and happy with one of the FitPet interactive clock faces, or install the Think Fast app and test your ability to rapidly and accurately switch between tasks. Check back often for new apps.

For more information, see What is Fitbit Labs?

FITBIT PAY

Now you can add up to 6 credit and debit cards to Fitbit Pay on Ionic and choose which card you want to use for each transaction. When you’re ready to pay, swipe right on your watch’s screen to scroll through your cards.

Note this feature is coming soon to the Fitbit app for Windows 10.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit Pay?

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

For instructions on how to update your Ionic to the latest firmware, follow this link

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
320 REPLIES 320

@magicgando wrote:

Buongiorno,

scusate ma io ho ancora il firmware 27.31.1.16.

Qualcuno sa quando arriverà il firmware 31.1? dove si può trovare la lista di cosa verrà corretto?

Stai tranquillo, il tuo Ionic e aggiornato ad ultima versione software! 27.31.1.16 e lo stesso con 31.1.16!

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok.

Ma mi aspettavo delle migliorie... ad esempio:

- quando arrivano le notifiche mi aspettavo si accendesse

- quando ricevo chiamate mi aspettavo si accendesse e potessi rispondere (ho android, con iOS si può)

Tu sai se verranno implementate in futuro?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@magicgando wrote:

ok.

Ma mi aspettavo delle migliorie... ad esempio:

- quando arrivano le notifiche mi aspettavo si accendesse

- quando ricevo chiamate mi aspettavo si accendesse e potessi rispondere (ho android, con iOS si può)

Tu sai se verranno implementate in futuro?

Non ho la minima idea. Io comunque non uso le notifiche.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Ionic for about 2 weeks and now it won't connect to tracking. It just churns along going on for 2 days. What do I do? I've deleted and reloaded everything app Bluetooth etc.? Paid hard earned money for this

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

How long is supposed to take to do the firmware update?  It's been 4 hours and its only 25% done via bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So is there a new update realised ,if so how do install it 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer

@karensherring wrote:

I HAVE HAD MY IONIC FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS AND NOW IT WON'T CONNECT TO TRACKING.  IT JUST CHURNS ALONG GOING ON FOR 2 DAYS.  WHAT DO I DO?  I'VE DELETED AND RELOADED EVERYTHING APP BLUETOOTH ETC.????????????? PAID HARD EARNED MONEY FOR THIS

If it's stressing you out this much in 2 weeks I would take it back for a refund if possible.

Best Answer
$300 it should work!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I expected it to work for € 340. I feel like an experimental rabbit.

Best Answer

I am a Garmin Forerunner 235 owner and I got my Ionic less than a week ago and I love it but as a serious runner there are a few things that are definitely missing. Will there be a firmware update to add the following:

1. ability to connect an external HRM

2. Cadence stats

3. Ability to use distance as well as time as a variable in interval training 

Many thanks,

Ian

Best Answer

When will the ionic receive an update to address the issue of the sleep stages not working? Very disappointing for such an expensive device. 

Thank you. 

Best Answer

Fitbit never supported external hr sensors (like chest straps) or offered one themselves. If you want a chest strap, you should go all in with Polar or a similar brand. 

Best Answer

I have a Garmin Forerunner 235 and I use a Garmin chest strap for a more accurate HR reading. I just think Fitbit is missing out on serious runners who want to use their chest straps and also get important data like Cadence.

Best Answer
Just sent my ionic back!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Glad you told us but I couldn't sleep 

Best Answer

Sleep stages are working fine here. What device are you running the app on! 

Sense, LG V60 Thinq Android 10, Surface Pro Win 10
Best Answer

I am using Windows 10 phone and desktop.  I have never seen a detailed analysis, covering deep sleep.  The problem is getting worse, if I watch TV or read in bed Ionic says I am sleeping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 7. I have sent my ionic back. Done. 

Best Answer

Whats going on with your sleep stages?  My Ionic is reporting my sleep stages just fine.

Best Answer

The same for me. I'm very disappointed with the IONIC

Best Answer