Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 32.10.20

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 08/23/2018: Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Ionic users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.10.20) I have decided to close this topic to further posts. 

If you still have not updated your Ionic to OS 2.1.1, check out this post for some best practices on how to update your device. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Ionic unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic. 

Thanks again to all the great feedback we have received on this firmware. Looking forward to the next Fitbit OS update! Robot Happy

Fitbit Update - 6/7/18: Fitbit OS 2.1.1 has been released to 100% of Ionic users!

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1.1! (Firmware Version: 32.10.20)

We've started to roll out this update to 30% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

You can find the release notes for this new OS version by following the link, here.  

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

As a reminder, I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread. 

Best Answer
561 REPLIES 561

So nothing big this time?

?
Best Answer

It would definitely help with customer sentiment to have a little more transparency in the release notes. 

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

This doesn't help concerned customers that are wanting to understand if issues they are encountering/have reported have been addressed.

Please put more effort into showing your customers the courtesy they deserve for investing in your not-so-inexpensive product.

Best Answer
Installed the new firmware. After preliminary testing it appears the exercise custom stats are sticking now. Must perform a restart after installation. I'll update in a few days.
Ionic, retired Blaze.
Best Answer

I am not included in the roll-out. I don't know whether to be happy or sad.

Best Answer

Installed update, still no notifications with using message+. The one thing I wanted fixed and........nope!

Best Answer

do the rollout is based  on email address registered in Dashboard ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So you released an update that didn't even address the issue of notifications not being received with the message+ app? Why even release an update at all then, when this was clearly a large issue. Unreal...

Best Answer

Thanks Carlos,

But can you be a bit more specific about which bugs are fixed? The release notes are rather poor and don't tell a lot. It doesn't sound very promising.

Best Answer

If the fixes included some backend fixing or refactoring I would understand that you don't want to disclose information related to that. But at least mentioned that in the release notes then.

"General backend/system fixes to improve overall service stability/functionality."

How am I supposed to know what got fixed with this update and if it includes fixes for issues that have affected me specifically.

The whole point of release notes is to be able to see what was done so you know if you need to update or not.

The current messaging in the release notes is beyond poor. It's downright criminal.

I am mostly satisfied fitbit customer, but come one people step it up in this department, or in the future don't even announce new releases if the release notes are gonna be like this.

Best Answer

I like this. Frequent updates mean that the manufacturer is constantly improving the product.

Best Answer

@MikeGn wrote:

I like this. Frequent updates mean that the manufacturer is constantly improving the product.

In principle, yes. But have you followed the discussions in the other updated firmware releases topics here in the forum?

Best Answer

Is this release going to fix the notification issue I have been having since the last release? 

Best Answer

The app says: "Update failed, Try again using Bluetooth?" The watch says firmware version is 27.32.10.20 

I rebooted the watch and the phone. The app still think the Ionic's got 27.32.10.15 and the Ionic is pretty clear that it's got the 27.32.10.20 already.

This is the first time an update went through in less than an hour, but it looks like it doesn't count, unless I do it again, with Bluetooth. Which generally takes about 3 hours.

I think I'll just let it slide for a while and see if the app gets it. 🙂

//Hasse Hellstrom

Best Answer

@CarlosCFitbit

Unfortunately the update didn't fix the problem with the missing text notifications, and I still have to do previously mentioned workaround.

Best Answer

I have just updated to 2.1.1 release via Bluetooth 20 minutes job done no issues, not had chance yet to see what is different other than the watch seems to function faster and more smoothly that`s not to say I had any issues with the, functionality before the update.

TBH I am one very happy Ionic owner and  am a convert having had Garmin and Polar watches in the past. I have in fact worn my Polar M400 in tandem with the Ionic  to compare results which I must say there was little or anything that varied to any great degree Distance using GPS on both watches were pretty much the same, accuracy on maps pretty much the same and heart rate again pretty much the same which I much admit  surprised me a little as I really expected the Polar Heart rate strap to be more sensitive but no.

Then of course the Ionic has more Functions than any of the Polar or Garmin watches I have had in the past.

So a big thank you to all at fitbit for the ongoing improvements to the Ionic, yes there is still work to be done and functions that many of us would like to see,  such as real time elevation when out running or walking the mountains for example however I for one am happy to see frequent updates and improvements thanks again Fitbit team

Best Answer

==Updated ===

After waiting for 20 mins, nothing is changed. I reset it by press and hold left button together with bottom right button, It's now back to the clock face.

Just updated and when the app said done. My watch show white fitbit logo and go nowhere, this has been 10 mins already. I can't press the left button to turn the watch off. In short, I can do nothing with the watch.

Any suggestion??

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, I press and hold left and bottom right button together, now it's back to the clock face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@iamPooh you need to press and hold the buttons a bit longer, roughly 10 sec. or so, and then your watch will restart👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hej_D Yes, you are right! Thanks!

At the first place, I was pressing and holding only the left button for like mins (Was trying to turn it off) and nothing happened. After pressing and holding both buttons 10 secs as you said, My watch is coming back. ^^

Best Answer