Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.31.1.29

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all!

I am super excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 1.2! (Firmware Version: 27.31.1.29)

We've begun to roll out this new firmware to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Feature update:

What’s fixed:

• We fixed an issue where some customers’ clocks didn’t update after switching time zones.
  • We fixed an issue where some customers experienced syncing issues after interrupting clock face installation.
  • We fixed an issue where some customers noticed the Exercise app crashed after double tapping an exercise.
  • This release also includes bug fixes and stability improvements.

Click here to view our Fitbit OS help article!

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I would also recommend updating your Ionic over Wi-Fi as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
447 REPLIES 447

I will give both the powering off the Ionic and deleting the ionic from app/deleting the app a try.

Thanks.

Best Answer

I now have done a couple of runs after the update.  The GPS distance now is very close to what I see with MapMyRun and Strava.  Before it seemed a few tenths of a mile too short after a 5K run.  Pleased to see this.

No change with heartbeat measurement, seems that same as before the update.  It's always been higher than it was with my Surge, but at least it's consistent.

Music transfer working fine after the update.  I don't think there was any changes in this area, so I didn't expect any new issues.

Syncing is working fine.  I only sync with my phone, which is a lesson I learned from my Charge and Surge.  With those trackers if you tried to sync with multiple devices, syncing frequently did not work.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Probably not the best way to elicit a response. 

@Lauscherwrote:
May I ask what idiots at Fitbit work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated to the new firmware release.

When are you releasing more apps?

In particular, the golf app which was supposed to come at the end of 2017?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to  have baf news for you. I cannot get the sync to happen between my ionic and S8 after the latest firmware update this week. It also lost it's sync with our brand new RENPHO scale which we bought BECAUSE it synced with fitbit. Last week when we bought it, it did a fabulous job. Right now, I am ready to go back to my girly watch because it does what it is supposed to. This is nearly useless. Very aggravated. 

Best Answer

Its so only 10% of us get mad at them at a time, for making stuff not work. 

Best Answer

Ive uninstalled the app and reinstalled and it still can't find my tracker, I've never had so many problems with a fitbit. Since the update it's only tracked and updated 1 night sleep in 4 nights. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done all the suggested things and uninstalled and re-installed. I am
not able to sync anything. I have Galaxy S8, if that makes any difference.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried to accomplish the firmware update several ways.

Unit was working fine, now no sync, bluetooth or wifi.

Also have unistalled / reinstalled app, cleared cache, shutdown and reset.

Phone is Essential PH-1 with android 7.1.1

Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the update my watch won't receive any notifications of any kind from my phone. I have rebooted the watch several times, turned notifications off and back on both on my watch and on the app, made sure my watch is synced to the app, and tried the notification test option on the app (which hasn't worked once).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same exact problems. I have never had an issue with my notifications coming through until now. 

Best Answer

I seem to have got notifications working again for now. This worked for me...

In the app tap on the ionic icon

>Turn off blutooth on your phone

>Press next to the sync now (arrows or red exclamation)

>This will then ask if it can turn blutooth on. Accept and it will sync current data.

Now data is up to date. Make the connection more permenant.

>delete ionic from the app

> go to phone blutooth and forget ionic (remove as a Bluetooth device)

>in the app add new device.

For me the repairing has meant it has worked for the last 24hrs. Time will tell if it is ok now or will break again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the new release, I've got sync problems, too. Have tried the tips of deleting the tracker and re add it as well as reboots and what not. If I'm lucky, I can get maybe one sync a day.

This is a serious problem.

//Hasse

Best Answer

Just got my Ionic yesterday morning. And all day I have been trying to get it work. For a 300€ (Belgium) product, thus is a disgrace.

Getting the latest firmware was a cumbersome operation, but it worked after several tries. At first, the syncing with the app (Android 8.0.0 on a Sony Xperia Premium) went well. I even succeeded - after hours of failed connectivity - to get a playlist of 120 songs on the watch. Via the Windows 10 app.

But then problems really started, like I was just experiencing warming up issues earlier I reckon... The watch itself seems to work fine. But everything that has to do with syncing and connectivity fails constantly. All the troubleshooting lists I find here and on the internet, don't work. 

I went for a run, and nothing works anymore. Bluetooth fails to connect, Wi-Fi the same. Never longer than a few seconds. Syncing is a nightmare. Even the playlist seems to have "vanished"?!

This is witchcraft, not watchcraft. 

I have spend several hours yesterday night to troubleshoot. Tried everything I could find. Nothing, really nothing helps.

The software development at Fitbit seems to have a serious job to do...

Best Answer
Hi, thanks for the suggestion but I've tried all that. Sometimes it works
for a day, sometimes it takes a day for the app and watch to find
eachother. Any one up for setting up a Fbook page called we hate S*"tbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit I don't have any other bluetooth headphones and the ones I bought were pretty expensive (and probably useless).
The support said this was a known problem and it would be fixed with the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Firthviewerwrote:
Hi, thanks for the suggestion but I've tried all that. Sometimes it works
for a day, sometimes it takes a day for the app and watch to find
eachother. Any one up for setting up a Fbook page called we hate S*"tbit

😅😅😅

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tried your suggestion, still not working 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

They do not seem to care about the people that are having problems. Their releases seem to only create more problems when in actuality they have not fixed the problems that they have. This watch is useless to me, going to purchase an Iwatch this weekend. Not sure what to do with this brick on my wrist, it does not warranty giving it to anyone. 

Best Answer

I can only give everyone advice. Send the IONIC back to FitBIT and get the money back.

For a month there are these problems. FitBIT is not interested.
After 6 years FitBIT you have to look for alternatives with such a bad quality.

Too bad that FitBIT is no longer interested in its customers.

@MattFitbit- For your Information

Best Answer