Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic - First Impressions

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Greetings guys, Been using the fitbit ecosystem now for quite a while, Started with the Charge, moved up to the Surge and got my hands on the Ionic now for a week. My first impression is very good Fitbit!! My surge now, battered from all the years of use, strap kind of loose on the one side and almost smooth, battery life still good, has moved on to the friend, because it is still fully functional. So if I have to review the new Ionic, I will say with a song in my heart, Great job! Better battery, better software, & more aesthetically pleasing(lets be honest the surge looks a bit 1980s), yet still as functional as the Surge was the day I got it. I am enjoy hitting the treadmill and the road now, small things like the hourly reminder to move & the new watch faces is awesome! It took them a while and I have been waiting a long time, well... worth the wait! Would recommend it to any fitbit fan. Even got myself a nice orange strap fitted.

So lets get moving, Burn those calories and get the good night sleep!! I will post more on the Ionic as the time goes by. Haven't been on the community enough. For that I am sorry life tends to get in the way!

Enjoy and give some good hints on the Ionic to make my experience better pleaaaassseee 🙂

- Sporting a Samsung Galaxy S9 wearing a Fitbit Ionic Since 2018
Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@_Machino_ I hope you're doing well! This is an excellent review! I'm very glad to hear that you are enjoying your Ionic as much as I enjoy mine!

It's an awesome device, and it will get even better with the development of new apps every time. This is the first fitness watch created by Fitbit and future is full of surprises for sure, it will be even better I insist. Smiley Very Happy

Additionally, have you checked the Feature Suggestions Board? If you have any ideas for future features you would like to see on your Fitbit Ionic or Fitbit in general, this is the best place for asking. Feel free to search for existing feature suggestions or add you own original one!

Which orange strap you got? I love orange, specially when combined with black! 

Thanks for your review, it's awesome to hear this kind of things about Ionic! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Ok, I got my Ionic yesterday. I'm completely new in FitBit ecosystem, I have used no Fitbit product previously. I have some issues with my heart, so I want to have its performance monitored. My eyes are anything but good, so large OLED display is a great feat for me. That's why I got my Ionic.

What I absolutely don't care about are any "goals", "workouts", etc. I don't want my device to boss me, I just want it to monitor my stats. So I'd like to be able to tell my device "Don't care for any goals" - which I'm not able now. I'm using large number of alarms, so limiting me to eight is a terrible joke, please stop it, Fitbit, and let me set as many alarms as I need. From previous devices (Sony Smartwatch 2, Samsung GearFit 2) I'm used to have multiple watch faces on my device and switch among them anywhere. I can't do that on Ionic, I have to stick with one watchface, If I want to change it, I have to replace one with another - nuissance.

So please, let me have multiple watch faces loaded on device, there's more than enough memory since I don't care about music on wearable. Please, let me have as many alarms as possible. And please, provide us with custom watchface builder with predefined modules, so I can create a custom watchface without javascript, css, and svg, in similar style I could on Sony Smartwatch 2. And last but not least, don't bother me with any "goals".

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TomVal Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing your Ionic first impressions and sharing all of those ideas.

I was making some research at the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find a couple existent ideas which are asking the same as you:

Please cast a vote for those ideas and leave a comment too to show support.

I was not able to find ideas about removing goals or a custom watch face builder with predefined modules app. Please create a new suggestion for those ideas. Make sure to post one suggestion per idea.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you create any ideas! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer