Allow More than 8 Alarms

I was wondering why there is a limit of only 8 silent alarms? I would appreciate if we could have more, 8 just doesn't seem to be enough. I understand that each alarm lowers my battery life, but I am willing to trade some battery life for more available alarms.

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

82 Comments
jsml
Jogger

Would be great to have ability to set as many alerts as needed (espeicially since alerts are not available as an IFTTT action nor through customized idle alert situations).

I want to set an alarm every 30 minutes to be active, and 5 minutes following to indicate that 5 minutes has passed and I can stop my exercises and go back to work. However, in an 8-hour day, that's a lot of alerts!

cathyjamz
First Steps
Great products! I not only use the alarm feature to wake up but, as work meeting reminders and personal reminders too...so offering >8 alarms configured at once would definitely help me.
Conduit
Jogger

Can you have more silent alarms OR an alarm tha vibrates hourly during the waking hours?  I'd like to use it for mindful reminders throughout the day.  The same function could also be used to for ADHD children, medicine reminder, etc.  Here is an example of a watch that has this function:  http://watchminder.com/uses/ad-hd-ld-and-autism

Thank you.  

GoatCheese
First Steps
Currently, the ChargeHR allows for only 8 alarms. I set multiple alarms during the day for a variety of reminders, and these can run up to 15. It would be really helpful for Fitbit to increase the number of alarms that one can set. 15-20 available alarms would be great.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for contributing with this idea @Anne44. Sounds like there are other users that also need this feature to be expanded, so I will forward your request to the developers so they can take in into consideration.

Thanks again!

tmgal
First Steps
8 alarms is not enough for our very busy and time-sensitive lives. Please add more alarms to the features. When asked by those curious about my Fitbit, this is a little known feature that I mention, however, I am cautioning about the 8 alarm limit.
Notes
Jogger

We need this all the more because there are no idle alerts. The feature I actually need the most, above all others, is idle alerts--but if we can't get this, the additional alarms is a band-aid solution.

Illionair
First Steps
I love that my fitbit hr has 8 alarms, put I would like to have a silent alarm for every hour or atleast 12hrs. That would be awesome!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I really wish more alarms were possible. If I could set alarms to tell me during my day to move from one thing to another I would love it. We all have different things that we need alarms for and right now in my life a basic day I would love to have 12 alarms minimum. In college i used a phone alert to tell me to get to class on time if others did that the wake up alarm or a class alarm would have to be cut out. Yes it is also good for meds, but some people have temp med needs of meds every few hours, add in waking or anything else, and your are ruined if the med schedules don't match or have to be offset.

If the user chooses more than 8 alarms then maybe an alert could pop up and say more alerts cause a reduced battery length, continue?

Let the user choose.

Laska
First Steps

As a teacher and a mother 8 alarms is just not enough.  I would also like to be able to name the alarms.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlejandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I think it would be great to have a feature to add more than 8 alarms. I will make sure to pass this suggestion to the correct department.

See you around! Woman Happy

HuguetteS
First Steps
I'd like more alarms too!
HuguetteS
First Steps
I agree 8 alarms is not enough!
Smithnan
Jogger

Yes, we need more alarms!   I like to set an alarm each hour to remind to take my steps.  I have a desk job, and it's easy to get lost in work and not get up.  Even outside of work, it's just good to have a reminder to get up and move.  It works great- but only for 8 hours of the day!  - We need more alarms!

Bpickett
Jogger
Yes more alarms! I would love one for when the max HR is hit. I know many people got this Fitbit because of health concerns and to monitor their HR. This feature would be amazing
PeteHolz95
First Steps
As great as it is to even have 8 alarms for someone like myself who has difficulty waking up in the morning and has different schedules only having 8 alarms becomes a hassle. My idea is to allow the app to keep as many alarms as wanted but only sync alarms that are currently activated to the Fitbit.

I would also say increase the cap to more than 10 alarms personally
Ronannet
First Steps
any chance of having an infinite amount of alarms but only allowed to set 8? Would be useful and this wouldn't impact the battery issue that may come from it. This is really needed 👍🏻
kylerminer49
First Steps
In school we have to watch are time there's no bells or anything we and we are not allowed to have our phones I need thirty alarms on my Fitbit so I don't miss classes I only have 8 and need 22 more please add it where we have more room for alarms
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 Smiley Happy

KJDA
First Steps

I agree More alarms would be great. IT would also be nice if you could add a word or two as notes. Like Wake UP! or Work out! I dont mind charging more often.

dboudreau
First Steps

I'm with the other folks, requesting more than just 8 silent alarms. I was surprised to run into that limit earlier today, as I was setting up an alarm at the top of each hour between 9am and 5pm as gentle reminders to get up from my desk and stretch my legs a little. I understand that allowing us to set unlimited alarms may sound a little crazy on the life expectancy of the battery, but just 8 sounds awfully limited, too. I personnaly would need about twice as many to feel like I'm not being limited by the technology I choose to use.

ricoNomad
Jogger

It seems that Fitbit doesn't really value its customers.  

Untoldent
First Steps

Adding my voice to the choir here. The page already scrolls, so it can't be a UI limitation. Is it a limitation of the memory on the wristband?

First post here is from May 2015 so i'm not holding my breath, but i would really like to be able to set more alarms (or to set one alarm hourly, as has also been suggested). If i want to get 250+ steps in every hour, i need a suitable reminder function on the wristband.

I really like using the silent alarms on my Flex 2 but I've reached the maximum number of alarms that I can set! It would be great if there were more than 8 alarms that could be set because I use them as reminders throughout the day (e.g. an alarm to remind me to start getting ready for work, etc.).

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Same for me, but for a Charge 2. 8 alarms is clearly not enough, when you want to have alarms to ping you at time intervals throughout the day.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.