Allow More than 8 Alarms

I was wondering why there is a limit of only 8 silent alarms? I would appreciate if we could have more, 8 just doesn't seem to be enough. I understand that each alarm lowers my battery life, but I am willing to trade some battery life for more available alarms.

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

82 Comments
TiffanV.
First Steps

The alarm availabilities is presently limited to 8 alarms.  However, it would be more beneficial to allow the alarms to be unlimited in number.  I set silent alarms for numerous reasons and have been frustrated when I could not set more than 8.  Most recently I have had sleeve surgery.  I need to drink water/liquid every 15 - 30 min to ensure I get my ounces in.  It would be great if I could preset these alarms so thhlat the fitbit would vibrate when I need to hydrate.  And, as my needs change I can adjust the alarms accordingly.  I am a chaplain in a hospital.  When I feel the alarm go off, it would remind me to get 1-2 oz of liquid in wherever I am in the hospital.  I am sure there are others who would appreciate and benefit from unlimited alarm numbers as well.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.,

Rev Tiffany Vincent

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TiffanV., thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

S.Ahmed
Jogger

Hello.

8 Alarms is simply not enough in this time and age, this issue has direct influence on overall user experience as some users have already mentioned, I am surprised that this has not been fixed already, it has been going on since 2015!

please correct me if I am wrong as I assume that you do want your customers to buy and use your products and not jump to the next competitor when they eventually upgrade to a new tracker. a competitor that solves these seemingly simple yet important issues. more alarms is not a luxury its a necessity, will you ever take this seriously? it has been 4 years since your customers started asking for more alarms. which is something  most of us expected to have by default.

Thank you

Tobygoldsmith
Jogger
Yes I need more alarms for my school and only 8 it not sufficient please at least 20 or 15

Get Outlook for iOS
paper.dragon
Stepping Up

There are so many people in need of this, and honestly it is not even a hard task to integrate it into the current system. Why aren't you listening your customers?

vladfr
First Steps

Hi, 

This has been opened in 2015. It is mind-boggling that no one took care of it by now. Just bump the number to 10 in the next release... It's at least something and will help a bit.

Miss_Kristy
First Steps

Everyone searching for answers to increase the number of silent alarms, please make sure you log in and vote for this suggestion. Hopefully if there is enough support this feature will be included in a software upgrade and silent alarms will become unlimited!

Thank you!

Beth.Idr
First Steps
  • I really need more arlarms,  Insted of 8 make it 12 arlarms. I have to divide my arlarms into 4 . I need to make other arlarms for other things. I will be so much better instead of Eight Arlarms.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Beth.Idr, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Fitbit watches. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

whiffe
First Steps

Please, give us more alarms. Bumping up a single variable will cost you almost nothing. :bell:

Ld4
First Steps
I’d like to have more than 8 silent alarms and I’d like to be able to label them.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ld4, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to have more than 8 alarms. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Bettythekat
First Steps

Please add more alarms! At the very least they should be available on the charge, versa, and vionic. 

teacherjmc
Jogger
Covid requirements at work (classes can only go to the restroom at scheduled times to avoid cross-contamination, teachers have to turn in three documents daily to document breakfast and lunch, etc.) are causing me to need many more silent alarms than usual! Even if I remove my wake up alarm, I can't fit them all in.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @teacherjmc thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add more alarms to Fitbit devices. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

jwonn
First Steps

I'm a teacher and teach several classes a day.  It's really nice to have a silent alarm right before each class gets out, so I can start wrapping up my instruction and not get caught by surprise by the bell and have to rush through a explanation of a homework assignment or whatever.  However, we have different schedules on different days of the week, so I cannot have all the alarms I need without going onto the app multiple times a week just to change from a regular schedule to a half day schedule and back again.  It's incredibly tedious (especially because you can't just toggle alarms on and off) and it leaves huge room for error.  Several times I've turned the alarm on, then hit the back button instead of the save button, and moved on, not realizing the alarm hadn't been set.  That would be fine if I only change my alarms every quarter or something, but when I'm changing them nearly daily, it's too often.  I should be free to focus on teaching my students, not worrying about the clock or whether my alarm is set correctly or not.  I've loved having fitbit, but if you can't just allocate a teeny-tiny bit more data space to alarms, I don't think I'll be able to keep doing this every day.

Azeast
Jogger
Fitbit has shown no interest in a feature enhancement to increase the number of alarms. But an Apple Watch. I did and it solved my alarm issue and much more.
GregNash
First Steps

Could a moderator please explain why this feature has not already been implemented?

I've read your page that describes how Fitbit decides what features are developed. The bullets below address the points raised there.

• This feature suggestion is clearly written.
  • It has received a lot of votes.
  • I, personally, have wanted this feature for years and only just now became so impatient that I took the time to join this community and add my vote. I'm sure that there are a lot of people who haven't voted on this issue but would appreciate the feature being added.
  • If you're not sure how many people really want this feature, you could add something to the firmware that records how many times a user attempts to add a 9th alarm and fails.
  • I expect that this would require a global firmware update. To minimize the impact, you could only apply it to new trackers. I, personally, would be willing to buy a new tracker for this feature. In fact, like other members of this community, I've been thinking about switching brands to get this feature.
  • I have a degree in computer science and know a thing or two about programming. Even when you're the developer for a project, it's often difficult to estimate the amount of effort that will be required for a particular issue and how it could affect different parts of the system. That said, this seems like an incredibly simple feature to implement.
  • This feature will continue to benefit future products.
  • If I'm correct in my assessment that this will require minimal resources, then it really isn't an issue whether or not this aligns with your organizational priorities.

If maintaining battery life is the reason for the limitation, you could add a warning when a user adds more than 8 alarms. The warning could explain that this action could affect the battery life.

OCMomma
Jogger
Allow user to set chimes, vibrations, or alarms to go off at the top of every hour(s) of their choosing.
Status changed to: Needs More Info
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @OCMommaThank you for sharing your Feature Suggestion with the Fitbit Community. Let us explain that currently you can set up alarms on your Fitbit device, and even customize its frequency during the week. To learn more about this, please see this help article.

If this isn't what you were referring to, please reply with more detail or specifics on how this idea would work, what problem this is trying to solve, or if you'd like to set more than 8 alarms. This will help us to understand this idea better. We look forward to your response.

OCMomma
Jogger
I currently have alarm set for the allotted number. However, I'd like to
have more than that number. I'd like to have the ability to set an alarm
for 12 hours, meaning 8:00 in the morning through 8:00 in the evening every
hour on the hour without having to set separate alarms. Although I don't
mind setting the separate alarms, the current allotment doesn't cover all
that I need so therefore I have to pick which hours I want my watch alarm
to go off. Does this make sense? If not please let me know.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @OCMomma, thanks for clarifying that you'd like to have the ability to set more than 8 alarms on your Fitbit device with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Madametechie
First Steps

I see people have been requesting more alarms on the Fitbit since 2015. I too would like the option of many more alarms. It would be a tremendous help in my school to give me a two minute warning to wrap up my lesson! Why has this not been addressed? Thanks!

OCMomma
Jogger
I agree as well!
OCMomma
Jogger
World you know if that watch syncs with the achievement app?
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.