Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic GPS not connecting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The entire reason I bought the Ionic is because it has a dedicated GPS chip inside the device, meaning regardless of my phone reception, my run should be tracked via the dedicated GPS, well I've been on a few runs now and the watch gets stuck on "Connecting..." and it never connects to the GPS which is a bummer because I don't want to have to take this back and spend an addition $300 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Moderator edit: Word choice

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Concur I have a third party metal strap and it interferes with initial GPS connection. I simply take the strap off and it locks in less than s minute. Then reconnect the strap and in good to go.  By the way when I leave the metal strap on it never connects to GPS.  So glad you recommended taking it off. I love my Ionic!

Best Answer

It's too bad they don't seem to be continuing with the Ionic range. Pushing GPS users to the Sense. I like the fact the Ionic looks different to the Apple Watch but hey-ho, will most likely move with the masses to the Sense when my Ionic finally gives up (I'll do my best to keep the Ionic running for as long as possible). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem it started dropping out through a ride and now it will not find the GPS at all tried rebooting the phone and the watch reloading the app and still nothing for the money you pay for these things there should be better backup 🤔🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have stood in front of my home waiting and hoping for the satellites to light up my Ionic and nope so signal

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi bgolden

check earlier in this feed for troubleshooting. Particularly if you’re using a replacement watch strap….

Best Answer
0 Votes