Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Not Syncing with Samsung Galaxy S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all! I hope you're well! I created this thread to compile any post which is about difficulties syncing the Fitbit Ionic with the Samsung Galaxy S8 and therefore keep the Community organized. 

If you are experiencing something like this, please try the following:

• Make sure you have tried all of the following:
  1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off, wait 10 seconds, and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit Ionic didn't sync, restart it
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. If still no luck, check this helpful article for more details.

Also, try this:

• Make sure your Ionic is connected to Wi-Fi. Check this post for more details about that.
  • Check if the Fitbit App is updated to its latest version (2.66).
  • The newest Ionic firmware version just begun to roll out. This progressive roll out will be available for every Ionic user in a few weeks. Once you see the update is available, complete it.

This should help you out. Please try the above steps.

@BWilsonSr @TomDNA @Buzzman @LeisureWalk @USAF-Chandler Hello all! I moved your posts to this thread to keep the Community organized! 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

After serval weeks with no success I returned the Iconic and charged my Surge back up and have been wearing it since with no issues. Obviously they have still have some bugs / issues with the S8+. Once my Surge no longer works I will transition to another tracker or smartwatch. Its unfortunate,  because I truly enjoyed the social and ease of use with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes