Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Setup Checklist

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everyone -- I really appreciate your candid feedback on your setup experience. 

After reviewing this discussion, I want to provide tips to help you setup your shiny, new Ionic successfully. Please understand that during this process there are certain steps that can take longer, especially the Firmware update, so patience is key. This is the largest firmware we've ever released and contains more data than any of our past Firmware update releases.

During setup, I recommend connecting to a strong personal or work Wi-Fi network that requires a password (public networks like coffee shops or bookstores should be avoided). If you're not connected to strong Wi-Fi connection or using Bluetooth, the process can take as long as 2 hours or more. So please make sure your Wi-Fi connection is strong. 

With that being said, let's get you setup!

Setup checklist

1. Start by making sure your device meets the requirements
  2. Un-pair all Fitbit trackers in Bluetooth settings (if any are listed under devices in BT settings)   
  3. Remove all Fitbit trackers from your Fitbit account (If any other Fitbit trackers are setup to your account already)
  4. Turn Bluetooth off/on
  5. Perform a factory reset on Ionic (tap on Settings/ tap on About/ tap on Factory Reset)
  6. Restart your device (phone or computer)
  7. Plug-in Ionic to charge somewhere close to your internet router
  8. Go through the setup process (instructions start on page 9 of the manual) 

What if setup still doesn't work? 

Try giving it another shot. Follow the instructions above and if you get stuck, please tell me where in the process Ionic stalled.

I want to acknowledge everyone's contribution to this discussion and express appreciation for bearing with us through some of the hiccups. We're always striving to improve our product and observe user sentiment and feedback to make improvements where necessary. Rest assured that future firmware and app updates will be released incrementally to address issues experienced by users.   

Lastly, I welcome you to continue sharing your experiences here and provide as much insight as you can. My hope for all of you is a successful setup so you can start reaching your health and fitness goals with help from Ionic!  

Best Answer
345 REPLIES 345
I agree with you. I have had nothing but pleasure using my Ionic Smartwatch since October 2017.

I have had issues with the strap (the metal pin came out) and I recently replaced it with an all metal strap. I am in the process of replacing it with a Fitbit sports strap as I developed a rash from the metal one.

The Ionic is what I wear all day. I wear a Garmin Fenix 5 Plus and chest strap when I run for the additional tracking information.

Graham
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree great Fitbit but really bad strap I also lost the little pin in the strap and went for a sports type from eBay much better.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you after much frustration this solution FINALY!!solved my problem.For a watch that cost this much,the set up should be far more intuitive and not so cluncky

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe you can help someone else--what did you do that worked?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I set up activities on my ionic that I just replaced. I had done this with my first ionic----that only lasted 17months----and I want to do this on my new ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
sorry I had problems also and I found a fit tracker that holds a charge about two weeks which is longer than any I have found so went to it.
Anita
Best Answer
0 Votes