Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Stopped Working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had this watch for 18 months, taken good care of it with no issues.  Spent $300 on it at launch, and now I’m told I can spend another 160 to replace it.  Super disappointed with FitBit.  I’ve been a loyal customer up to this point, but unless FB makes this right, I will take my business elsewhere.  Sounds like there’s a big issue with the Ionic.  FitBit should stand behind their products, and either offer a repair service, or a free replacement.  For $300, a watch should last three years at least!

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Where i bought it they have a 6 week return policy after that you have to deal with the manufacturer. That's laughable! Funny I'm not laughing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on my 2nd ionic and my last Fitbit. I've purchased 8 total for friends and family. But after thier o well additude and seeing thier is a problem thier 25% off a bad product I'll buy a Samsung s3 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped after 2 months.  I'm reading all the articles and seems to be across the board.  I agree very disappointing that the company is not being more proactive

Best Answer

This is my 2nd Fitbit that has suddenly stopped working.

Best Answer

Hopefully it's less then a year old, if it is older then 12 months they will do nothing for you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow. Their support team is so tone deaf to issues with the Ionic.

I just had a  syncing issue with the app, contacted Fitbit support, got halfhearted, useless ‘troubleshooting’ advice, and then was offered a 40% discount on purchasing a New Ionic because my Ionic is out of warranty. No real solutions were offered.

I have come to believe that, when you purchase a Fitbit watch, you basically need to know you are spending money on a watch that in less than a year will stop working.  They will send you a new tracker, but that one will also stop working in less than a year, and then you are out of luck! Great business model, Fitbit!!!

My favorite part of this whole thread is that the support person that keeps appearing from time to time continues offering completely useless advice that offers no real solution to the problem and then marks the issue as solved! This is like a metaphor for their whole customer support model. Fitbit will not survive long if this is how they treat their customers.

Best Answer

My Ionic is about 2 1/2 years old got up this morning it’s dark and won’t come on at all. Fully charged too. Very disappointed and won’t buy the product again. Going with an Apple Watch at least I can get support at a nearby store. 

Best Answer

Hi, my wife and I bought smart watches for each other last valentines day. I got the fitbit ionic and she got the Samsung gear sport. Her Samsung is doing great still but unexpectedly my fitbit no longer responds to touch. I reset it multiple times and finally did a factory reset and it is still unresponsive. I can't even get it set up now because I cannot dismiss the "tips." I was hoping for a new device, there is no reason that it should stop functioning after only a year and a half of ownership. However, today when I called in to fitbit support team, somebody who barely spoke English assured me they wouldn't do anything besides offer me a 25% discount on my next fitbit device. What and the freaking crap would I buy another watch from fitbit? The thing is an absolute piece of crap and the fact that there are a ton of other costomers with the same problem proves that it's a defect with the design. I obviously should have gotten a Samsung like my wife, it would still be doing fine just like hers.

I'd like to give fitbit the opportunity to remedy the situation before I get in touch with Samsung and offer testimony that they have the superior product. Im sure they will like to hear a personal story on why their product is supperior. 

Best Answer
Fitbit does not care they have our money.  I have purchased 8 diffent Fitbit over the past few years, but happy to say ionic was my last three new samsung I love it works great Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note9.
Best Answer

One more unhappy customer here. I got my Ionic in November 2017. It stopped working in August 2018, because it was under warranty Fitbit replaced it. Yesterday, my Ionic decided to quit working, turned off and died. Today customer service offered a 25% discount on an Ionic or a 40% on a Versa (the colors they want). This is my third Fitbit with issues. It really bothered me that the customer service person said to me that there are conditions associated with the way people use the devices that are associated with the short-life of the products. So....it is our fault. I am not a swimmer, I use electronic products that last forever. Fitbit, don't put your lack of quality on your clients.
I think that I am done with Fitbit, which I hate only because I really like the Fitbit community. 

Garmin? Apple watch? 

Best Answer

I have been with fitbit for years and worked my way up through the models however every model I've  had has required to be replaced (under warranty) for one reason or another. In Oct 2017 I purchased the ionic hoping that this top of the range model would be free of issues. In Feb 2018 the strap started to peel away and was replaced under warranty. In March 2019 the ionic failed (battery failure). Replaced under warranty. Last week the replacement ionic failed (battery) thankfully within 2 weeks of the 2 year guarantee expiring. Fitbit again replaced under warranty. I swim 2 -3 times a week. Could it be the ionic is not waterproof as it is advertised? As I type the delivery of my 3rd ionic should be with me within the hour. I love my ionic but have decided this is the end of the road for fitbit and will look at other makes when this one fails (which I fully expect within a year). Fitbit have always replaced items when provided with evidence of fault however, in my opinion they have a flawed product not fit for purpose.

Best Answer
I have the new garmin watch and love it battery last 3 to 4 days works great with samsung phoneSent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note9.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to know.. i will be looking into the Garmin or Apple watch around the holidays due to my recent Ionic issues!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I switched to Garmin. Battery life is way better.
Best Answer
Switch to Garmin. I have a 735XT bc I swim and do triathlons and it has a
much better battery life
Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch has done the same thing. Went black and nothing since.  Wont reset or anything.  Did anybody tell you a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just all the troubleshooting as far as resetting, factory resetting, deleting from account, re-installing, chat (which basically took me thru all that again)etc.  I have done it all and CS offered me 25% off a new one since mine is 21 MONTHS old (based on some posts, some have been sent new ionics.  Mine is now basicallly a watch that doesn't even keep time.  (I thought we were on time for church the other night and we it was actually 6:01p v. 5:56p)  I keep hoping Fitbit will email us that they are working on a fix or an update will fix it since all this seems to have stemmed from the IOS update 13 and the latest Fitbit update.  I was optimistic Monday when it said my Ionic needed to be updated but nope 😞  I use my Fitbit daily for alarms and workouts.. so therefore feel completely lost without it! 

HOpe you're having a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Send it back then sell when they replace itSent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note9.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, buy a different smart watch- anything but a fitbroke. I went with an Apple Watch and am loving it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same happened to mine. I've paid $300 for this! Always took very good care of my Ionic. If it stopped working wasn't because of users problem. What solution is Fitbit offering? I've already tried all the suggestions mentioned in the forum: factory reset, charging on my computer, cleaning the contacts of charger and Ionic.... nothing happens! I've never been so disappointed with a brand in my life.... if Fitbit doesn't replace my watch I will definitely never buy anything from them again. So much lack of ethic!

Best Answer