Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to Sync Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my ionic for a week tomorrow. Still have not been able to sync it properly and use it. I have talked  to the customer service team multiple times and spent hours trying to trouble shoot with them.

It takes about 2 hours to get it set up. It syncs for about 5 minutes and then disconnects. It then goes back and forth from looking and syncing but never connects.

How long do we need to wait before this gets fixed or they can give some update. I have tried all the trouble shooting including factory reset, etc. Very frustraing.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
683 REPLIES 683

All I get is the Fitbit logo on my screen so I can't even turn it off in settings

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted my iPhone, it synced after that.

Best Answer
Does it continue to sync after that?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Curt60 wrote:
Yes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rebooting iPhone did the trick. 

Best Answer

Today had problems sync'ing, after 10 mins and scratching of head I noticed "always connected" had turned itself back on! I turned it off and made sure all day sync was off, then it carried on working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also been having periodic syncing issues with the Ionic. Matter of fact, I would say it syncs about 25% of the time. On my Google pixel, I've noticed that after forcing sync a few times it will want to restart my Bluetooth. That sometimes will fix it. What works 100% is restarting my watch though. I'm hoping this is just an early adopter issue that will be addressed in future firmware updates.

Best Answer

@Placeman wrote:

Also been having periodic syncing issues with the Ionic. Matter of fact, I would say it syncs about 25% of the time. On my Google pixel, I've noticed that after forcing sync a few times it will want to restart my Bluetooth. That sometimes will fix it. What works 100% is restarting my watch though. I'm hoping this is just an early adopter issue that will be addressed in future firmware updates.

Confirm "all day sync" and "always connected" is set to off. When these are on that's when I run into trouble with my Pixel.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use a Samsung S8 Plus and have the same problems - extremely sporadic syncing. The issue mostly seems to occur when or just after I've been connected to another Bluetooth device, and only affects the Android app - I can still sync via the Microsoft store app on my laptop. It just keeps saying looking, and then device not found. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found restarting fixes it temporarily - it will sync once right after a restart, then to sync again I have to restart again. I'm almost certain its a device Bluetooth issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I had this too initially, where it would only sync steps and calories, but not sleep

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too, at first, then about a week later no problem logging sleep data.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Confirm "all day sync" and "always connected" is set to off. When these are on that's when I run into trouble with my Pixel.

This may be a fix, but what I bought was a "connected" device.  I don't want to have to force a sync everytime I open the app.

Best Answer

@Placeman wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

This may be a fix, but what I bought was a "connected" device.  I don't want to have to force a sync everytime I open the app.

Oh you're welcome, I'm so glad I helped you fix this Smiley Frustrated

Notifications still happen instantly (it is "always connected" if you like). When you open the app it runs a sync which does not take that long. Performing sync's at times when you aren't using the app is just a waste of the watch and phone battery.

Best Answer

I have tried every supposed resolution including factory reset and it will not sync on it's own. It will occasionally sync, but last time it went days without syncing before I gave up and did another factory reset and started the process over. I got my fitbit on pre-order and have a galaxy s8...this is ridiculous at this point. I've been a fitbit customer for years and am devastated at the thought of having to look elsewhere. 

Best Answer

I spent the morning wit Apple Genius desk yesterday, and got the answer.  With ios11,Apple made substantial changes that all apps will need to address.  Given that Fitbit updated their app in September and iOS 11 is 2 weeks old, the syncing pain with all but the iPhone is the pain of being early.  Like all of the posts here, my message to Fitbit is patience is not a forever thing.  

Best Answer
Correct, I have not had a problem since unpairing from Bluetooth.
Best Answer

Why couldn't they just say that, I would think they would've known that

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is NOT just an IOS issue. I am having similar problems with the Samsung Galaxy S8

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes