Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to Sync Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my ionic for a week tomorrow. Still have not been able to sync it properly and use it. I have talked  to the customer service team multiple times and spent hours trying to trouble shoot with them.

It takes about 2 hours to get it set up. It syncs for about 5 minutes and then disconnects. It then goes back and forth from looking and syncing but never connects.

How long do we need to wait before this gets fixed or they can give some update. I have tried all the trouble shooting including factory reset, etc. Very frustraing.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
683 REPLIES 683

@katstuck wrote:

Went for a 12 mile run yesterday and it never logged the exercise in the app but I got the steps for the run synced. Looked at my phone and saw exercise hasn't been syncing since Wednesday (it's Sunday now). WTF? I restarted the watch and rested my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and now it says I have zero steps Saturday?!!! 😡😡😡😡

This is totally unacceptable. I'm running the latest version of Android on Google Pixel.

Did you not try to force a sync?

You have a Pixel, see point A in opening post:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Turn-off-All-Day-Sync-amp-Always-Connected-by-default/m-p/2273...

Contact support if you need a rant.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is now logged with Fitbit support and communicating with them via email. 

Some elements are syncing - steps, calories and the progress bar gets to the same point every time before stopping (just under the first i inFitbit) and then says my battery in my Fitbit is empty even though it’s at 94%

also now tried on both iPhone and iPad with exactly the same outcome

will update on progress when/if I make any!

Best Answer

I'm at the end of my tether now. Had my fitbit ionic since launch and it sometimes stays connected and most of the time its not vonnected. Bluetooth switches off by itself. No longer getting notifications for anything and seriously considering sending it back and getting the Samsung gear sport! This shouldn't be such a nightmare. Getting it to do what its supoosed to do is the only thing any of us want. Really frustrated here.

Best Answer

I’ve found taking my Card off the wallet helped solve the syncing issues completely. Any opinions ?

Best Answer

I've never had anything attached to the wallet so that's not been the cause of my issues. I've found that removing my old device seems to have helped though. 

It just seems to be pot luck and we are having to find ways around the problems that Fitbit should be fixing. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the info. 

Removing the the card has worked for me. I even loaded the card back on and the syncing issues come up again. Then I remove then it’s stable and the syncing issue is fixed. 

There has been a recent app update. I wounder if it has helped the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been a recent update? Im having all sorts of problems and added to that UK clocks went back weekend which added to my list of issues. Sad but going back weekend and switching to Samsung...had enough of it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using windonws 10 but cant find the slect as primary device option. Where was it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

New Ionic owner as of 11/1.  This is how I'm getting it to sync:

1.  Turn off all day sync and turn off always connected.

2.  Power off phone and Ionic

3.  Power on Ionic, let it completely start up

4.  Power on phone

5.  Open fit bit app, and sync by pulling down the dashboard screen.  This takes a 2 to 3 attempts but syncs. I was also able to update the watch face this way.

It's worked this way 3 times for me now.  It's a pain, but I can live with it until Fitbit acknowledges and resolves the problem. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8, model SM-G950U, Android version 7.0, Patch level October 1.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

where is the "always connected" option?

Ionic (latest firmware) - Iphone X - IOS11.x (latest) - windows 10 - iphone 5s - Surge
Best Answer
0 Votes

To turn off Always Connected on Android, start the Fitbit app, click on watch in the upper left, and scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

(To turn off Always Connected on Android, start the Fitbit app, click on watch in the upper left, and scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen.)

Sorry, upper right - it's early still 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@daveinmn wrote:
Try unpairing your Ionic Bluetooth. That worked for me on my Samsung
Galaxy S8+ Haven't had a syncing problem since.

So I tried this method on my Pixel XL and have not had a single sync issue for over a week.  Left "all day sync" and "always connected" on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help. It sorted itself out after couple of days but shouldn't have to be doing any of this in the first place. Like buying a new car and tinkering with it when you get home because it doesn't run well!!! Think mine is going back as im only on the basics and dread to think what issues i will have downloading music onto it!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here...shows connected but last mentions last sync as two hours ago

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having syncing issues as well. Seems to come and go but mostly it doesn't work. Mine again hasn't synced for two days. I've reset a once already I've removed it from my phone added back, restarted, basically I've tried everything that has been suggested on the forum. It's getting really annoying. It should just work. It's the only Bluetooth device I have trouble with. Getting to the point of sending it back and giving up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked for me. Just got a new Ionic. Synced with iphone 6 but not Del inspiron laptop. Read this instruction, restarted watch and bingo-- synced right away. Love this Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All,

Galaxy S8 running Android 7.0. If I want to connect to my phone to control my music I have to enable Bluetooth Classic on the watch, then enable it as an Input device in  the Bluetooth settings.

All works well until it comes to synching as there is now two Bluetooth Ionic devices, Ionic and Ionic (Classic)

I have to delete Ionic and all is well it synchronises the data from the watch to the application.

Why the developers require the two connections is a mystery, they may like to explain?

I would assume perhaps wrongly that one is perhaps causing issues for the other as there maybe contention issues for the connection to the  phone.

Having had a couple of Pebble,s multiple Android wear watches, Samsung Gear S2 and S3's, Apple watches, the FitBit smart watch experience in setup is far below all the above listed wearables in both initial setup and user friendliness.

You bought Pebble, FitBit, use their experience, hell mimic it if you want to as it was / is far superior.

Best Answer

My Blaze and Charge HR synced fine with my Samsung Galaxy s5. Ionic will not sync with it or with my Galaxy tab 7.7. Only way I could setup was with my laptop running Windows 10 and the wifi dongle. Syncs with laptop and wifi dongle but will not let me set or use apps or change clock face via wifi dongle. Responds with "make sure Bluetooth is on". Bluetooth is on. This is second Ionic and have worked with support with no solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

MY ionic hasn't sync for 3 days. Tried every sequence of restarting phone and watch. Logout of app. Forget bluetooth etc..

I'm wasting so much time on this watch which should be improving my life.

Can't fitbit even acknowledge this problem and have the decency to issue a statement that they are working on this problem?

Utterly disappointed!
Best Answer