Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic back button stuck

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

My left button on my ionic is stuck.  Tried the cleaning. Tried the toothpick.  Tried air can. Tried the alcohol cleaning.  Called customer support and because its more than a year old the "best" they can do is a 25% discount. Extremely disappointed. A $200 plus watch should last more than a year and a few months.  At least give me another way to do a "back" function,  can't use any features because I cannot go back out of any menu. So frustrated!

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Angels2k It's great to see you on the Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried and the details mentioned. 

I appreciate the time you took to share your feedback, these comments help us to improve. It is particularly difficult when the device is no longer covered by the warranty, but even though Support is eager to help with any problem you may experience with the product, they do need to adhere to the official warranty policy, this would start counting from the original date of purchase.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem with my Versa ... as have others.  Seems a bit more than a one off issue and more like a common fault.  

Best Answer

@Katehes Thanks for getting back. I would like to confirm that you've followed this procedure to clean your watch's button. 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea they know it's a common problem  but they are not willing to do anything about it, especially if the warranty is gone. Hopefully you have better luck than me. 

Best Answer

Zero help from Fitbit but did use a toothbrush to clean the button and this has freed it up.  As it’s a versa and you can use it while swimming (allegedly), figured it wouldn’t do any harm - what’s the worse that could happen right ?!?  It was already useless.  Any hoo, it has worked and button now working fine.  For now anyway - touch wood! 

Best Answer

same problem.  tried the other cleaning methods but no success.  I live in a hard water area so went to my go-to cleaning solution of white vinegar.  Filled a small dish with vinegar such that I could leave the left hand button submerged for 30 minutes.  Then rinsed.  It works now!  Button is still stiff unlike the buttons on the right but maybe it was always that way and at least it's making the connection and doing what it needs to do.

I figured the watch was kind of broken without the left button functionality so wasn't too concerned with the vinegar ruining it.  But everyone's risk tolerance is different.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me. Button is stuck and the watch is pretty much unusable. Don't think I'm buying another fitbit any time soon...

Best Answer