Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic battery draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Ionic battery is draining at a rapid rate.  Charged it last night till 100%. Put it on my wrist at 6am and it has already dropped to 61% in only six hours.  I have restarted, reset to factory settings, and turned off notifications but still nothing has changed.  

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

A warm welcome to the Community @Dcovey. Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've tried and the details that you've mentioned. 

I've shared your case with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them. Please continue the communication through email, they will continue assisting you. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been a solution pinpointed on this? I have the same problem. Battery is draining real fast. I deleted the ionic off my app and then gave it a hard reset and re-synced but the battery still drains fast. Please advise

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @MarkDima. I appreciate the troubleshooting that you've followed. 

Since, you've restarted it and confirmed that you've fully charged it. I'm going to create a case on your behalf and our Support team will continue assisting you on this. 

Has there been a solution pinpointed on this? We provide you with steps that can help you resolve this and then we share your post with our Support team. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue. Charged to 100% past two days and already at 44%. Also getting a notification every time the app closes that I need to open the app to sync my device. Never seen that prior to Friday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @BrianWSmith22. Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. I appreciated that you've fully charged it. 

I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you on this matter. 

Regarding your question about the message that you're receiving in your app, you can check the latest information provided by our team in this thread: Open Fitbit To Keep Data Synchronized Notification.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was the problem fixed with the battery draining 

Best Answer

Looks like they're working on a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No the battery was not fixed. Turned off the heart rate monitor and charged
the battery by 9pm last night and were it to bed to see if the battery
would last even longer if I'm just laying down and not moving much. By the
time I woke up at 610ish the battery was close to 13%.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @thomasharper1 and @BrianWSmith22.  This isn't a bug, I've seen that some users have had this type of issue but we as Moderators are always providing troubleshooting to help you with it.

Hey @thomasharper1. I would like you to restart your Ionic and charge it

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Community users @MarkDima. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get back to me or our Support team in the case that I've created for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue - I completed an update and it drains super fast even with little activity. I have tried turning off all day notifications and the always connected settting, plus I did a factory reset. Still horrible - charge overnight, every night so I lose any sleep data, and started out with 100%, put the watch on at 11:30 and by 5 PM (when sitting all day at work) I am down to 55%. Can't hardly use for a GPS activity since it will drain before I finish a 3 mile run.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Think on my next charge, going to keep a record of the time, it takes the battery to lose power

Battery fully charged today, Tue 23 April, and checking my power level for the battery at 23:00, its now at 57%

Now if the battery is getting drained quicker than usual, it looks like in the morning, before going out for a ride on my bike, I'm going to have to recharge the battery

Best Answer
0 Votes

They sent me a new charger free of charge. Just came in today, I am hoping this is the fix but not sure it will

make a difference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very similar issue. Have been training for a half marathon using my ionic but not sure I can trust it for the race this weekend. Disappointing. Not looking forward to carrying my iPhone for 13.1 miles. They did send me a new charger free of charge. I charged to 98% today. At noon it was 98% and it’s down to 48% 8 hours later. Not sure the charger is the fix. I’ll give it one more try tonight

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I doubt it's the charger as all it does is provide the charge to give the battery power. Its definitely the Ionic which is sad because here we are paying over $200 for a product that states on the box itself multi-day battery life. We all obviously purchased it for the multifunctional purposes and they told me to turn off the heart rate sensor so the battery life would increase but still that didnt change anything. If I only wanted a step counter I would've bought the cheapest model. Ionic dies less than 12 hrs later. Fitbit and the false advertisement. Very upset with this and I believe they should reimburse us or send new Ionics to replace the faulty ones we have. 15560671718515981005350940873367.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

At least your battery is lasting 12 hours. After my last update, I might, MIGHT, get 6 hours from a full charge using the charging cable that came with my Ionic. This happens to every product I have purchased from Fitbit.  The product will be great for a few months, and then something happens.  I don't want to say it, but it seems like Fitbit makes a product, not to last, but to just last until the warranty expires.   This will be the last Fitbit I purchase no matter what.   

Best Answer

I am having the same issue plus another which may or may not be related.

My Fitbit Ionic has recently started loosing charge very rapidly - lasting no more than 24 hours.

Additionally, despite my having the Notifications Settings set to not notify during exercise, this recently started happening. When this happens, it kills (without saving) the exercise in progress.

I have tried rebooting the device with no improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So if there any issue with the battery being charged, fitbit want to send us a new charger, do see that being the problem, and take it when they say charger, they mean a new cable

My cable works perfectly fine, and have used it with other plugs/chargers

Like me, my Ionic is now past its 12 month warrantee, but depending on where you live, you may have protection in law.  Now if anyone here lives in the UK, any faults that develop with your Ionic, or any fitbit watch, could be covered by the consumer act, which now covers electrical items

Now I have briefly spoken to a trading standards office about this, and what he told me, which could affect your rights, to get your watch fixed.  Is your watch, fit for the purpose it was made for, if there were detailed problems, not just effecting one watch, but many others, you would have a case for the following

1.  For the watch to be repaired, but this isn't an option for the Ionic, as its meant to be waterproof

2.  You get a new watch as a replacement

3.   You get a full refund, this option best to hold on to your receipt

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have heard nothing but great things about Fitbit’s customer service. I am going to call today and I’ll report back. Im hopeful there will be a solution 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! Thanks for participating in the forums, sorry for the delay in the reply. 

A warm welcome to the Community @ShellyB1972. Thanks for the details that you've mentioned and the troubleshooting that you've tried. I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you on this matter. 

Hey @ionic-jo. Great to see you around. I would like you to make sure that you've restarted your Ionic and you've fully charged it. (This time change USB ports) 

Thanks for sharing your experience @Dcovey. and @MarkDima.

Welcome to the Community @Brett2308. Sorry to hear that your Ionic's battery isn't lasting as expected. I would like you to confirm that you've restarted it and fully charged it. (As mentioned above, try changing USB ports) 

Great to see you around @Bodcat. Thanks for the reboot that you've tried. I would like you to restart your Ionic and charge it again. Regarding your exercise that's getting deleted when you get a notification, please try answer to the following questions: 

1. How long were they running the exercises?
  2. What type of exercise were they running (e.g. using GPS or not)?
  3. Were they listening to music on their device when doing the exercise, etc?

Please manually log the activity to get the summary on your Dashboard. 

Also, I wanted to clarify that each resolution that our Support team provides is based in the details that you mention in your posts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes