Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic battery life

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic has been acting strange I had to turn off Bluetooth many times to get it to resync and it wasn't easy at all, but I would get it to work at times then it would not work or sync again,  I recently had to reset back to default, everything looked good.  Now today I woke up and it is dead it isn't even turning on.   I am guessing it is dead!  So last March is when I bought it, this sux.  I do use it I bike every week!   

I got the protection from Bestbuy I wonder what they will do?   Anyone else have issues?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

I have the same problem. Two days ago my ionic stopped syncing. Tonight i talked with Fitbit support about the syncing issue. I did a factory reset and now it is completely dead. Fitbits have a 1yr warranty so you should be able to get yours replaced through Fitbit support. Unfortunately mine is out of warranty so they won’t replace it. Every Fitbit tracker I have had never lasts more than a year and a few months so I won’t be buying a new Fitbit to replace my broken ionic. 

Best Answer

Yes mine also died and fitbit support after a few useless attempts washed their hands off the issue! I will never buy a fit**ahem** again

Best Answer

I am also finalle going Apple no more fit**ahem**!

Best Answer

Life span is about 6 months on average. I had 4 watches, two for me and two for my wife. All four of them lasted about 6 months before screen failure.

Best Answer

How can fitbit justify this?

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

**ahem** I really had hi hopes for FITBIT. I have their penny stocks just waiting for it to explode!   **ahem** I guess I will go back to Garmin then once this second one dies..  I will respond to this post when it does.  The new one tho is still acting stupid too. Sometime s. It won't sync 

Best Answer

Fitbit should refund my money!

Best Answer

Mine died after 14 months... FB wouldn't replace it because warranty period was 12. 

Best Answer
Hi Jamie,
Contact fitbit again- it appears they have extended the warranty to two years now.
Best Answer
I tried again yesterday. Got a call center in Nicaragua. Was quoted same
story. Have reached out to global head of customer support on Linked In. No
response yet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

After about 18 months my Fitbit Ionic just stopped working. It had been working fine up until it just died. I bought it from BestBuy with the protection plan so it was replaced but I was told that Fitbit no longer allows BestBuy to cover their watches with the protection plan so now I am debating if this is something I want to keep. If a $300 products just stops functioning shortly after the manufacture's warranty wears off then what is the point of the tracker if something goes wrong. I will not spend the money to replace this if it goes out again for no reason. I have 15 days to decide before I am locked in. Has anyone else been dealing with the short life span of Ionic watches?

Best Answer
Mine did the same. Died after 14 months. Warranty only lasts 12. Went with
another option.
Best Answer
I purchased the ionic Adidas edition on June of 2018. My watch does not work anymore. I called customer service. They tried everything to fix my watch but it was unsuccessful. I was happy with the efforts they made to fix my watch. 

The only option I had was to get a refurbished watch of the same model. The issue I have is, the warranty on the refurbished watch is only the reminding time from the year mark of the original purchased. Please see below the warranty policy:

Limited Product Warranty
LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY
Fit-bit warrants to the original purchaser that your Fitbit-branded device and Fitbit-branded device accessories (collectively, the "Product") shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, except that if you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA) and you purchased your Fitbit product in the EEA, the warranty period is two (2) years from the date of purchase (the "Warranty Period").

REMEDIES
If such a defect arises and a return authorization request is received by Fitbit within the applicable Warranty Period, Fitbit will, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, either (1) repair the Product at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts or (2) replace the Product with a new or refurbished Product. In the event of such a defect, to the extent permitted by law, these are your sole and exclusive remedies. Shipping and handling charges may apply except where prohibited by applicable law. This Limited Product Warranty is valid only in the jurisdictions where the Products are sold by Fitbit itself or through its authorized reseller or agent and is valid to the extent permitted by the applicable laws of such jurisdictions. Any replacement Product will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period of time that may be required by applicable law.

Now, when I read this policy, you are not warranting the watch, you are warranting the time of 1 year of the original purchase. When you think about it, you are just warranting for a customer to have a working watch for only one year. Because the watch does not work, fitbit will send me a refurbished watch, that might not work in 3 months but it does not matter because I passed the year mark by 2 months. This does not make sense. Why doesn't the refurbished watch also not  have a 1 year warranty?  if the new watch did not last a year, should i expect a refurbished watch to last longer?

When i read the policy, I read that you are not concurred of your product, you just want a customer to be happy for one year. After that, it does not matter because if your product stops  working, like my watch has, and it is pass 1 year, or in my case 10 months, you only cover my refurbished watch for 2 more months. regardless if it stops working within the year when i received my refurbished watch. How do you guarantee my refurbished watch will work ?

Here is what customer service replied:
My name is Oscar and I am a supervisor at Fitbit Customer Service. 

I gather you contacted us regarding the Ionic that was not syncing. I appreciate that you went through the troubleshooting steps provided and that you took the time to review our policies. 

I see your point and apologize for any inconvenience the situation experienced has caused you. Our devices are made to last; however, there are some instances in which they reach their limitations. While I gather you would like to have a new warranty cycle for your replacement Ionic, the policy is established for a year from the date of purchase.

While you feel wary of the replacement Ionic,  Indeed the warranty doesn't renew with replacements. The warranty is established for a fixed period of time based on the purchase, the replacement isn't a purchase but a continuation of the original product which had a manufacturer's flaw. Hence, it is covered by the remainder of the original warranty period. Your replacement should work correctly as this product is tested and determined to work.
This is disappointing. This is not a warranty policy, It's a, "let cover our-self's for 1 year and after that , who cares about the customer." A wast of $300.

I replied back with this:
Good afternoon Oscar,
Is the ionic that I purchased not tested or determined to last before it was sold? 

I invested in this product and it lasted less then a year. 

Now, I’m getting a refurbished product, which is possible that the watch also had a manufactured flaw. And if it does stop working after a few months you are suggesting:

“you can contact us if the experience any situation with it.

When I do call, you will reply and say, it’s out of warranty. 

I get it. The product should have a warranty, it costed over $300. But in my case, my product was not made to last and now I’m getting a refurbished product without any warranty. I know it’s not a purchased product , but it was not purchased because that product is not new, it’s refurbished. Which you do not warranty. 

You only warranty time of one year. After that, with a replacement/refurbished product it does not matter. You do not care if it works, or if it’s  built to last. Because all you are concerned for your customers are, for the product to last one year or let’s just make the customer happy for one year and after that it’s not our problem. 

In my case, I’m getting a refurbished product and after 2 months, if it stops working you are ok with that because you completed your policy of one year. 

It makes no sense. How do you not warranty a used product, to replace a new manufacturer flaw product for a year?

Fitbit customer service replied:

Hello Luis, 

"The Ionic you purchased is meant to last and to function. There are some events that may present along the way; therefore, we have our warranty policy to provide replacements for these flaws. 

Although, you are receiving a replacement product, it is meant to function well. I gather and appreciate you are aware of our Warranty Policy, the replacement product will be covered by the remainder of the warranty period. 

The warranty is for a year from the date of purchase. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. If you have additional questions, do not hesitate to ask." 

-My conclusion is that Fitbit does not care if your product fails as long as it last a year. This is a terrible warranty policy. 

I should of gotten an Apple Watch.  
Best Answer

You just pretty much explained my situation to a T!!! I haven't read any of your responses yet so I am praying that by the end your problem was solved and that you're happy with the results! Finngers crossed🤞🏻🤞🏻😌

Best Answer
Yeah... no... I bought an Apple Watch... I be had 4 generations of Fitbit’s
and they pretty much told me that there was nothing they would do for me...
other than give me a discount so I could spend another $125 on a fitbit...
Best Answer

Jamie how is the Apple Watch what do you use it for is it water proof does the battery last long. ?

Best Answer

Yes, The exact thing happened to me. I did a factory reset about the time my watch turned a year old and today at a year and five month I woke up to it completely off and it will not turn back on. I contacted support and after an attempt to do a factory reset on it, we determined that it was dead. They offered me a 25% discount on a new tracker.

Best Answer

There is something wrong with the software, because I see more and more people with dead Ionics after trying a factory reset(including myself). Whatever you do, don't do a factory reset for now unless this is your last resort. Better wait for the next software version.

Best Answer

Which you obviously told them to shove?

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes